Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:17:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: irc Chat with KARPELES(MtGox) from today 25th Feb  (Read 10675 times)
jml

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:54:47 AM

After reading the supposed interview, it is still somewhat elusive replies from the questions asked and does not give concrete answers. From all excuses given, Karpeles not only has destroyed my confidence in Mt.Gox, but has also destroyed my confidence  and raised a question if any website hosting private keys should be trusted by customers who put in their bitcoins or any other alt coin. I was trading with Mt.Gox because I have been having problems with banks - namely Barclays - as I had my account frozen when trading with localbitcoins.com from August 2013. Not a very good experience if you pay bills with one account I might add.

Although I am grieving at a loss of several bitcoins as a small investment and tried to help my partner to get into bitcoins by making a small investment into MtGox. I feel we have lost out on those bitcoins that ended up in MtGox for trading purposes as banking in UK hates bitcoin trading like the plague. However, I do trust in how the bitcoin protocol works and read the transaction malleability issue. Despite criticisms that MtGox programming skill were amateurish, I will never again put my trust and coins for trading at an exchange or keep a large quantity of bitcoins in hot wallets, no matter what the Bitcoin Foundation say, Roger Ver, or other notable industry expert in Bitcoin say in this regard. It is how the saying goes as I am myself a Computer Science researcher, "no system is safe".
In the end, bitcoin is an unregulated technology where the individual is at risk of losing bitcoins and transactions are one way only with the impossibility of recovery if theft occurs.
With the advent of the Gox.com crisis re-branding document, in my view, no matter if they change an image brand, domain name or trading platform, Gox.com is still the same underneath; unregulated and risky if insolvency issues arise. I might be wrong if Karpeles manages to pull out some magic out of his hat and I recover most of my bitcoins I put into my account, but I feel that this issue has been dragging a long way with white lies and withdrawal issues which is reminiscent of fraud tactics in delaying the victim that they will soon get their money.

IMO we need less risky means (local buyers and sellers) of bitcoin exchanges that are located overseas or at least, attempt to have some regulation on exchanges to insure the holder from insolvency issues.

Some ideas to buy/sell without electronic exchanges within the UK.

- Installation of more bitcoin ATM's.
- Locals within a community in hosting bitcoin trading within events such as pubs, café's or market stalls if allowed.

If you have ideas to kickstart something in the UK, give me a shout.

"Everything is a matter of degree"
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:00:11 AM

Hahaha, win!
jml

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:06:29 AM

http://goo.gl/9uC0zJ

"Everything is a matter of degree"
makiyo_love

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:58:37 AM

i think he is mentally ill, psychotic.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:30:49 AM

Anybody know what keyboard that is? Looks interesting.
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/k750-keyboard it's one of those

well the azerty one ...

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
frito (OP)

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:48:18 AM

Seriously, i think he is mentally ill, psychotic. His behaviour in all that is happening is complete non sense, just crazy. It is even hard to label him incompetent, criminal or a scammer, he just seems insane.

I agree. He doesn't even answer any questions with anything pertinent or meaningful at all.

It's as if all of this really isn't a big deal to him, and the only things on his mind are his weight gain and that he feels a little sleepy. Is the guy just a sociopathic narcissist? He's completely oblivious to what's going on around him.

He is feeling very calma, safe and like he did nothing wrong, weird.

i think he is mentally ill, psychotic.

Indeed quite shocking for a "normal" person.
I am not trying to be mean, just making medical observations.

This kind of behaviour (under the extraordinarily tough circumstances)could be consistent with e.g. Aspergers, or other cognitive impairment...

The absolute lack of mention of his customers may just point to utter narcissism,  psychopathy or  heavy delusion, this lack of common empathy would further support Aspergers and similar.
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:52:11 AM

What model is the keyboard?
deliciousham

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:57:48 AM

its the starbucks that made him put all on that weight i tell ya!
frito (OP)

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:07:30 AM

After reading the supposed interview, it is still somewhat elusive replies from the questions asked and does not give concrete answers. From all excuses given, Karpeles not only has destroyed my confiden........
Some ideas to buy/sell without electronic exchanges within the UK.

- Installation of more bitcoin ATM's.
- Locals within a community in hosting bitcoin trading within events such as pubs, café's or market stalls if allowed.

If you have ideas to kickstart something in the UK, give me a shout.
If Gox finds a new Owner, id say it'll be safer than any other current exchange(just take btce as an example,totally anonymous mob).

The new owner simply CANNOT afford to behave in any way as the predecessor. I think any potential buyer realizes that. They will have to have outside auditors (better if more firms than just one), completely transparent ownership structure. Customer money segregation. They will have to communicate with the public. Well all the things mtgox did not do.
If bought by other party will have really nothing in common with the old firm. I cannot in order to function and catch on.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:39:43 AM

ask for a list of all the addresses off Mark so I can run a formal investigation, we do have a list of our own addresses so their is nothing he can do

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:47:17 AM

i think someone wil hire some hitman to look for Mark. He has stolen hundreds millions dollars, come on, someone HAS TO do it. Poor piggy, but i cannot feel pity for him. If he really stole all that money as it is obvious, someone will kill him. Weeks, months, years...who knows. He fucked hundred thousands people INTENTIONALLY stealing an amout of money which could pay for some third world state's debt.

Do not worry for your weight Mark, in the mud hole you will be buried before being killed you will have plenty of time to become skinny.

Anyway can you give me any Mark's  contacts? so i will be able to talk with him. Something to chat.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:52:23 AM

the IRC chat is BS  Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:29:35 PM

Anybody know what keyboard that is? Looks interesting.

it's a French AZERTY keyboard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1050
Merit: 370

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:34:17 PM

What kind of pills do we see there on the left?

And who brings a cat to his office, he thinks he's Blofeld?  Grin
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:59:16 PM

And who brings a cat to his office, he thinks he's Blofeld?  Grin

He was at home, not at an office, btw.
CanIHazCoins

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:00:41 PM

I want my bitcoins back, Mr Karpeles!  Angry
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:24:33 PM

He never should have admitted that document was more or less true.  Operating in the negative for years is grounds for being sued, possibly personally.

Also this statement: any BTC I own personally were on MtGox...notice the way he sayd "were" on Mt. Gox.  Meaning...Gox is no longer there, and the coins are no longer in his control?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:43:34 PM

Also this statement: any BTC I own personally were on MtGox...notice the way he sayd "were" on Mt. Gox.  Meaning...Gox is no longer there, and the coins are no longer in his control?

Yes. He's saying his coins are in the same boat as everyone else's.

[12:02] <JonWickedFire> How much did you lose yourself?
[12:04] <MagicalTux> Well, technically speaking it's not "lost" just yet, just temporarily unavailable

Of course, for any verified users that used the malleability issue to steal coins, the authorities should be able to go after them for theft. Unfortunately MtGox didn't used to require ID verification for purely BTC withdrawals.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:15:06 PM

did you know that mark's 2nd name is maria?! I think he's also going for the surgery soon to change his sex gender...

who? mark karpeles? nah man, we only have maria karpeles here - the fat ugly bitch! 
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:24:24 PM

Are everybody just gone INSANE??

I hope you all know he is talking about his own wallet (unavailable), not the one from the company.
Mark just verified that MtGOX lost 700k BTC. Why is price shooting up?

Don't friggen tell me that's actually a good news  Angry

It is good news.  700k imaginary bitcoins have disappeared.  Many many people have been trading with this imaginary coins, depressing the price.  Now that the fraud is revealed, real supply and demand can take hold again.

Plus, an inept, and potentially criminal service has been removed from Bitcoin.  From here we can move forward with more competent operators.  And the lessons learned here will force people to be more diligent about the integrity of the services they use.

Thats what I was thinking- maybe 700K weren't actually lost but some number of those are imaginary.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: