Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:47:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post being deleted without Any Notification?  (Read 121 times)
domains4 (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:57:28 AM

I Noticed my post being deleted without any notification. Did you notice that guys? Why is it happening? Before, when my message got deleted, I got a personal message about that then why it is happening now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yasuo632

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:01:07 AM

Hey, man. Yes, if your post has no value, it is likely to be deleted.
Or you have stolen someone else's post. There is also the possibility of being deleted.
Hct2005

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:05:54 AM

It could that the thread you are replying or quoting was the one being deleted and not your post itself. I have encountered that one too. If your own post is deleted, it is automatic that it will send you email and message in Bitcoin Talk.
panbirt

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:08:00 AM

I think the reason for deleting the post is because the comments you gave are worthless. The administrator will delete your post. If you give a constructive opinion, this will not happen.
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:11:52 AM

Or you have stolen someone else's post. There is also the possibility of being deleted.
Don't you read what is being asked? OP's post was deleted and no notice was being sent to him.

It could that the thread you are replying or quoting was the one being deleted and not your post itself. I have encountered that one too. If your own post is deleted, it is automatic that it will send you email and message in Bitcoin Talk.
I think you are right buddy, the thread was being deleted and not the post it self.

@OP, if you're question is being answered then you can lock the thread to prevent spammers.
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:14:55 AM

First of all try to post it on the right section to get a correct answer immediately.

If the thread you reply on is non-sense and deleted by the moderator, all of the reply to that thread will be automatically deleted without any notification sended by the moderator or admin.

You can also use search to get an answer to your question because this topic have already posted in this forum many times.

How to search easily and fast:
1. Go to goggle.com
2. Search your question and add the word bitcointalk after your question.
     -Example: Post being deleted without Any Notification? bitcointalk

dongoofy

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:17:11 AM

Everyone knows that there are chances that your post will be deleted but his question is why is it that posts/messages are getting deleted without notification. This happens to me as well.
Kakarot01

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:34:53 AM

if the post is not reverent with the topic or if you copied the post from other members will be deleted automatically. And they will send a message about  the deleted post later. only the moderator or admin can delete post without any notification. so be sure there is a reason behind it.

you can search in www.google.com as this kind of post are posted before many times. it will save your time and you get the correct answer you wanted.
flowdon

Activity: 340
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:50:54 AM

moderators are deleting some unhelpful threads on this forum without any prior notice to the user because sometimes questions and answers are keep on repeating. they are not checking some threads first before posting or replying and turned out be an worthless because it was posted same as the previous post in the forum.

mazesta

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:49:13 PM

You're right, lately the posts that were deleted have no notification, even though we usually get a message if our post is deleted.
bharatpatel

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

diceroll.xyz

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:51:52 PM

The posts gets deleted if they are not contextual to the topic. The other reasons of the posts getting deleted is if the post is similar or identified to some other post. If the post is too short, that post can also get deleted.

DiceRoll    |    Probability tool    |    Exchange 
Firbolko

Activity: 183

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:54:52 PM

most likely removed a stream to which you answered, so you do not receive any notifications.
The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:00:11 PM

I Noticed my post being deleted without any notification. Did you notice that guys? Why is it happening? Before, when my message got deleted, I got a personal message about that then why it is happening now?
I've notice that a few times too. I've had a couple posts deleted. I got the message in my inbox. Even then I felt like those posts were useful and relevant, but you don't really get the chance to argue about it. Then the other day I started a new thread. I thought it was an interesting topic. I was looking forward to seeing what people had writing about it. When I logged in next though, it was nowhere to be seen. There was nothing in my inbox either. Weird.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:50:33 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 12:31:06 PM by heritage35

I think if the general thread is deleted, your post will automatically be deleted too. Therefore, you would not receive any notification if such thing happens. It happened to me i think once. I was surprised when some of my friends told me that the posts they made were not there again. I was amazed at first, but later on i got to understand it better. We need to know the kind of post to make comments on, else you will just continue to see your posts deleted.
For instance, i focus more on altcoin discussion threads. So if the post does not tally with this session of the forum, i will just wave if off to another.
domains4 (OP)

Activity: 186

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:54:16 PM

Don't you read what is being asked? OP's post was deleted and no notice was being sent to him.

I think you are right buddy, the thread was being deleted and not the post it self.

@OP, if you're question is being answered then you can lock the thread to prevent spammers.

Thanks, man for the reply to him (First man) by reading his reply I was shocked because he almost blamed me. Lol  Grin he did not get my question. Maybe second quoted brother is right here. Thanks, guys for your helpful reply.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:00:44 AM

This is the reason why you get no notification while your post being deleted. If you post was singly and manually deleted than you would have got a notification.
But if moderator or the thread owner deletes his complete thread than your reply too is deleted and you won't get a notification about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: