Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Of The ICO Telegram Group Has Fake Inactive Members  (Read 885 times)
DES_MX (OP)

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:45:06 AM
Merited by tk808 (3)

Guys, be careful with your money and time. Many investor and bounty members look into the telegram group members before joining in ICO Project. Like by seeing 50K to 90K Members in a running ICO group, we make the decision to do bounty campaigns for them, and investors go to invest there. But almost 70% of members are fake, came from airdrop, bot, added without permission and so on. You will see some people keep praising that project, will hit, wow project, good admin and blah blah. They posted those fake praise because of bounty and airdrop. Everyone should more careful before investing in any project. What do you think about this matter? Share your thoughts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ru-T

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:48:44 AM

In most cases, this is even worse than bots. These are real people, but they are so uninitiated and inactive that you might think they are bots Grin
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:47:59 PM

This is very often I see on ICO group with members around 50,000 But message/day is only around 20-30, of course this is very suspicious compared to the real telegram group, only about 4000-8000 members are active in the chat. I think this is not entirely wrong from the ICO Team because they usually paid services to individuals or groups but of course it's not professional.
strawhatters

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

ALLUXE.io - Decentralized Luxury Platform

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:54:43 PM

Guys, be careful with your money and time. Many investor and bounty members look into the telegram group members before joining in ICO Project. Like by seeing 50K to 90K Members in a running ICO group, we make the decision to do bounty campaigns for them, and investors go to invest there. But almost 70% of members are fake, came from airdrop, bot, added without permission and so on. You will see some people keep praising that project, will hit, wow project, good admin and blah blah. They posted those fake praise because of bounty and airdrop. Everyone should more careful before investing in any project. What do you think about this matter? Share your thoughts.

Uhh thank you for this warning. I never thought there would be something like this in the Telegram. People are desperately wanting to get instantly reach and so much scamming is going on everywhere. This is so depressing

ALLUXE | Luxury Platform
▲ JOIN THE LUXURY REVOLUTION ▲ (https://alluxe.io/)
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:56:43 PM

This is normal these days, mostly the member of the telegram groups are from airdrops.
also bounties requiring their participant to join both bounty chat and main telegram of the project.
well, it is so sad that it is not unique now...
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:57:28 PM

you/re right. those blah blah people are not helping any project at all. they are just doing tasks of bounty campaigns and think that they do it correct. but they are not.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:03:58 PM

you can't say all of them is fake inactive members, I think ICO project telegram channel have more than 10K members because most of them came from airdrop, they just bring more people know their project, it's normal if you saw that most of them inactive, by the way, ICO project Telegram Channel total member not the only reason for me to join their project bounty campaign or become an investor, most of the time I'll reading their whitepaper and roadmap
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:06:07 PM

I agree with you and that's why i will try to analyze these members and if there will be active communications between the developer and the investors about the technical discussiong of the ico itself and it can be considered as a good thing. But if that's not and then it's just another fake telegram users.
Tomohisa

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:09:07 PM

Numbers tend to impress people. This leading to some ICO or even company want to have a strong number of followers, like, tweet,...
Rules85

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:09:39 PM

I agree with you. Many telegram groups have tens of thousands of people.
However, only a few people are active each day, so most of the time I pay more attention to the number of people actually holding tokens.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 03:10:20 PM

I think it's too foolish to look into telegram channel alone. And there must be a few people who does base their decision on the number of subscribers on a particular channel. Though it has an effect to whether an investor will go for a particular project, it's most likely a no for them.

FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:10:44 PM

Anyone can easily determine whether a Telegram group numbers are real. If a project's announcement thread was posted, say 2 days ago, barely had 1–2 pages with replies, but their Telegram group is raking in 10K–50K members out of nowhere, you know it is fake/paid/bots.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Remix00525

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:11:58 PM

Thank you very much for the warning. I have noticed this the past few days but I have not really been able to prove it on my own. Now it seems like there are no more questions about it. People are tricking others even in Telegram.
michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:00:42 PM

Such methods have been used for a long time to attract investors, so this is not new to us, but still you are right and everyone should be more careful when choosing an ICO.
DES_MX (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:29:01 PM

This is very often I see on ICO group with members around 50,000 But message/day is only around 20-30, of course this is very suspicious compared to the real telegram group, only about 4000-8000 members are active in the chat. I think this is not entirely wrong from the ICO Team because they usually paid services to individuals or groups but of course it's not professional.

Yes, it is happening now. In real telegram group, they have only 8k to 10K members but every day more than 3 thousands messages come in those groups and almost every message coming from the investor! ICO organizer should know the fake number is nothing to compare with legal members.
bttmember

Activity: 938

AMEPAY

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:48:21 PM

Yes you are right, i have also experienced that even in some ico channels with thousands of members we see only a handful active members, this just shows that either these are fake members or have no interest in the project and have reached the channel from airdroo or bounty campaign, i think such membership is unnatural and doesnot help the project in any positive way.

el_lobo
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:55:55 PM

I can only agree with that.
A large telegram group should not be a deciding factor for why you invest there.
You get a large telegram group quickly through a bounty campaign.
DES_MX (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:51:13 PM

you can't say all of them is fake inactive members, I think ICO project telegram channel have more than 10K members because most of them came from airdrop, they just bring more people know their project, it's normal if you saw that most of them inactive, by the way, ICO project Telegram Channel total member not the only reason for me to join their project bounty campaign or become an investor, most of the time I'll reading their whitepaper and roadmap

That's why I did not say all of them are fake o bot. I said almost 70% People are fake, they came from the airdrop or bounty and they keep posting unnecessary praising words and those words are the same and not helpful at all. Recently I have seen Ubex ICO project, they made 50K to 95K Telegram members within a few days, all come from the airdrop! Did you remember Uchit scam ICO? Uchit telegram group has 50K Members, they gained 15 Million USD if I am not wrong and they scammed. I hope you understand now.
noobrik

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:54:14 PM

In most cases, this is even worse than bots. These are real people, but they are so uninitiated and inactive that you might think they are bots Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin True, very true. Human bots
noobrik

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:56:57 PM

We caused this. Small legitimate groups realized nobody cared much since they had low numbers. Evidently people really dont care about your legitimacy, all they care about are giant communities. So I say we pushed ICOs up to the point where they need 50k members before they can be taken seriously and that has also made fake ICOs follow the same pattern.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: