Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What seems to be the average price of ICO's  (Read 1623 times)
Playboi (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:06:20 PM

Seems like a lot of coins go to shit because of high ICO prices

IMO, anything above 1 cent is pricey as shit. I see ICO's going for like 50cents to 90cents...

Ripple ain't even worth 50 cents for 1 XRP so how the hell is an ICO going to hold that value
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:15:00 PM

The ICO prices are decided according to the circulation and how much funds they want to raise in terms of soft cap and hard cap. If there is huge quantity of the coins in the circulation then it might come up with the less prices because there is huge supply and thus people can buy tons of coins in single shot. Similar case with the coins with limited circulation and then have higher prices always. This is to reach the soft cap and hard cap faster.
In any case I am currently seeing that ICO prices are averaged between 0.01 to 0.50 cents always.
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:32:40 PM

IMO, anything above 1 cent is pricey as shit. I see ICO's going for like 50cents to 90cents...

Ripple ain't even worth 50 cents for 1 XRP so how the hell is an ICO going to hold that value

The price of the tokens is meaningless, the key and what you should evaluate is the total cap of the project compared to the perspectives of success and compliand with their roadmao.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 12:57:48 PM

I think it is not that simple, i mean the ico price depends on various factors the biggest factor is the total supply of the coin or token, in other words it is technically called as tokenomics that decides the token structure, supply abd price during the ico.

GREENch

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:04:06 PM

Maybe because compared to those projects that have now completed/are completing the ICO stage, Ripple has a very large Total Supply = 991 991 891 501 XRP
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 01:06:15 PM

It really depends in the demand. If a project with a low supply will get a big demand from the investors then i think its price would be much higher.

fivefingers

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:08:34 PM

I think it is not that simple, i mean the ico price depends on various factors the biggest factor is the total supply of the coin or token, in other words it is technically called as tokenomics that decides the token structure, supply abd price during the ico.

I agree. I don't think it is that simple. Many factors are intertwining in order to identify the market value of an ICO. Also there is no specific average, because every project varies from each other way too much and you cannot just find a single point of comparison for all the ICO's.
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:18:40 PM

price tokens / coins that fall after ICO is due to uncontrolled sales of coins. same as stocks. at the time of the stock launch, the stock price was very high, then after the company worked, the stock fell back, and it took time to bounce back. it's the same as ICO in my opinion. ICO prices will rise again after the Road map stage completed.

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:05:36 PM

The ICO prices are decided according to the circulation and how much funds they want to raise in terms of soft cap and hard cap. If there is huge quantity of the coins in the circulation then it might come up with the less prices because there is huge supply and thus people can buy tons of coins in single shot. Similar case with the coins with limited circulation and then have higher prices always. This is to reach the soft cap and hard cap faster.
In any case I am currently seeing that ICO prices are averaged between 0.01 to 0.50 cents always.

That's good answer but I have seen some ICOs which have softcap of 1million but Hardcap of 25million and the difference in % is around 4% softcap and 96% Hardcap. This type of ICOs looks very unrealistic to me. We should be stay away from this kind of ICOs which have huge difference in softcap and hardcap.

Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 06:50:39 PM

Hmmm, interesting question. I've seen many ICOs fail and did x0.1 USD when their tokens were worth 1$ per 1 token. Maybe it is psychological, but I doubt it. It's just in the tokenomics, some tokens are more expensive than other, but I'd say that perfect price is somewhere between 0.01-0.05$ range.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 446

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:01:05 PM

Hard to say though because there are so many factors that you need to look at like the total number of coins in circulation, soft cap and hard cap goal. So we can't say that above 1 cent is pricey. And if they have real usage then the price could literally go up and we can't call that shit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:08:57 PM

Ripple is shit please do not invest on that coin and do not take that in debate also in the any discussion bro. So far I checked this shit coin is the worst place to make your investment. To see 5 percentage of volume on this coin also very terrible.
Price of ico is based on the volume and the value define about this team strength and more.
Playboi (OP)

Activity: 187

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:40:48 PM

Ripple is shit please do not invest on that coin and do not take that in debate also in the any discussion bro. So far I checked this shit coin is the worst place to make your investment. To see 5 percentage of volume on this coin also very terrible.
Price of ico is based on the volume and the value define about this team strength and more.

I invested in february 2017 when the coin was valued at 0.009. Cashed out at around the $1.50 range. Ripple was good to me and many other people
success65

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:18:09 PM

The price is not yet badly affected by demand . WHAT happened last year with bitcoin . It's demand . It's simple
Alone055

Activity: 1064
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

Any legitimate and worthy project would start with as small as 1 cent per token in their initial coin offerings. The price starts to increase later on when the token hits the market and if the ICO gets enough success. Any projects starting with high prices for their tokens in the initial phase must have some other reason behind that, but the average price of legitimate ICOs is 1 cent per token.

cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:15:12 AM

You are right it is difficult. its following different plan because project are different and their goal also. ICO are more essential for every project and its depend on project goal.
GoldOrBTC

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:21:15 AM

It really depends on the project and the quantity of the token. If the project and the members are good then the price of the token really doesn't matter I guess. Just look ar bitcoin for instance.
Siblack

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:25:55 AM

basically, if ico that followed is legit then the coins that given will also have a high price. but if ico that followed is not good then the coins that will be obtained will be cheap. it all depends on how ico that we join. therefore, we must be able to choose ico well in order that we can get the legit ico.
Tallay

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:26:00 AM

The average price for ICOs can’t be determined easily. It will vary from project to project. When a project can make themselves a trustworthy one then their average price go high.
BTCPair1000

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:26:06 AM

It's not mandatory to set the price of new token always low. If the quality of the token and the potential of the project is good then your coins will sell automatically.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: