Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the future for Altcoins, will they depend on BTC entirely for ever?  (Read 78 times)
Matt_Cimelli (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:50:42 PM

Hi,

Just looking for your thoughts on Altcoins, Will they ever break away from BTC?

I Found this..

"The simplest answer to the question of Bitcoin’s standing is, that “Bitcoin is king and queen, and the other coins are at best following it.”

It is hard to come up with a fundamental algorithm with which to price coins, so coin prices just follow Bitcoin as a sort of gold standard, “the Bitcoin Standard.”

It is the number one coin, and thus it is the coin that decides the market price in general.

Unfortunately, though, that answer suggests that all other coins are somewhat pointless as anything other than short-term investments"

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
anaivanova726

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:52:14 PM

of course everyone all altcoins are based on bitcoin. as it is the basis. therefore, I believe that everything will depend on bitcoin for a long time in the cryptography market
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:29:34 PM

Unfortunately yes because btc is the basic asset and coin that moves the market, for anyone to jump into crypto or buy any alt he has to first buy btc in most parts of the world, so btc is just unavoidable for the crypto market, i think only btc growth will boost altcoin market too, if btc will suffer then it will also reflect on the remaining market.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: