Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:15:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Support a Bailout for (MT)Gox.com  (Read 7803 times)
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:20:08 AM

Sounds like OP wants to be bailed out.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:25:09 AM

Bailout the wrong term im not putting anymore money in, why not a customer take over? remove CEO & team.  Limit withdraws.  Get it up & running.

testthewhiterabbit

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:29:27 AM

Mt Gox needs to go down, they were poorly run from the beginning and they shouldn't be in business.  If they are bailed out people will still have lost faith in them.

On top of that, I don't think anyone in their right mind would bail them out - considering that most people will leave and stop using Mt Gox once they have been bailed out.

Mt Gox is bad for bitcoin, and they must fail - so much of the price fluctuations has occurred due to them.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:11:32 AM

Mt Gox needs to go down, they were poorly run from the beginning and they shouldn't be in business.  If they are bailed out people will still have lost faith in them.

On top of that, I don't think anyone in their right mind would bail them out - considering that most people will leave and stop using Mt Gox once they have been bailed out.

Mt Gox is bad for bitcoin, and they must fail - so much of the price fluctuations has occurred due to them.

This!!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Chellger

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:18:32 AM

What do you say, we show some support for a Bailout in the case of MTGox?
I think it will be the best thing for Bitcoin as we are in the transition stage from "innovative tech" to "regulated and trusted main stream innovative tech"...
In order to make this transition we need support from the community and the world.

Of course, on top of that... people (like me) who have funds @ MTGox would like to get access to those funds asap.

Let's get this thread a lot of positive support for a bailout for MTGox!

It is not the time to be cynical. It is not the time to say "told you". This is the time to help.

What do you say? help and show support for the Bitcoin ecosystem, Bitcoin holders and traders who spent money, time and effort supporting this business and also the public image? Everyone who traded on MTGox probably talked about Bitcoin a lot with friends, family and others helping the ecosystem and we are talking about A LOT OF PEOPLE.
If this works out, then the Bitcoin community will be stronger than ever and also, don't worry about the bail-outer/s, they will get their Bitcoin value increased, self recognition for knowing they did the right thing and also, a lot of commissions and future funds.

So please, for all the right reasons, show support for a bailout in this case!

I think this is a true test for Bitcoin and the community.

I normally do like me some good ol' troling in the morning,

but fuck you!

Edit: "This is the time to help". Nuh-uh. This is the time to kick ass and to chew bubblegum, and we all are very much out of bubblegum at this point.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:21:16 AM

I want my bailout for bitfunder and ukyo.loan first. If they get bailed out, and I get my money back, I'd gladly donate 10 btc to the gox bailout.
chrisLG

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:23:00 AM

No.

This is exactly what is great about bitcoin. You risked your assets on an exchange known to be grossly incompetent - most likely because of the higher returns this risky investment promised. Your bet failed.

Nobody is going to save you from yourself. Why should the community socialize your losses whilst you keep your profits? If you want that you should be working/investing in fiat banking.

No offense.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:09:27 AM

customer takeover, cant expect people who didnt have money in gox to be motivated to give much of a shit
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:53:42 AM

are you fucking insane?

all the evidence should be kept for a claim on any future crytpo releases that may be regulated

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
mtgix

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:56:55 AM

NEWS FEED ON MtGox MELTDOWN at

http://[Suspicious link removed]/
Misesian

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

Didn't support the last bailout, won't support this one. People need to learn that it matters where you store your money, both fiat and crypto.
TheAccountant

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:06:39 AM

Bailouts only do one thing: reward greed and/or incompetence.  In this case, it would be both.

What should happen is for someone to acquire the assets of Mt Gox, attempt to make something of them and take what is accomplished and distribute it to those that lost.  It will be "penny's on the dollar" but it will show that the network does what it can.

If you go the bailout route, you'll lose something along the way.  It isn't a trade off you should even consider.

frito

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:28:32 AM

I think it will be the best thing for Bitcoin as we are in the transition stage from "innovative tech" to "regulated and trusted main stream innovative tech"...
In order to make this transition we need support from the community and the world.

For anyone that has some funds on Gox its just a no brainer.

Nobel laureate Prof. Nash had something to say about optimal personal gain going hand in hand with benefiting everyone in the group.

With a new owner the current customers have much better chance of recovering at least some of their moneyz.
rmines

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:30:03 AM

I will never support a bailout for mtgox, they have done enough damage.
They need to get out of the bitcoin community once and for all!

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:30:49 AM

How much are you donating to this bailout?

All the bitcoin and fiat you had at mtgox? Sounds like a Cyprus bail-in!

Of course, on top of that... people (like me) who have funds @ MTGox would like to get access to those funds asap.

Let's get this thread a lot of positive support for a bailout for MTGox!

It is not the time to be cynical. It is not the time to say "told you". This is the time to help.

What do you say? help and show support for the Bitcoin ecosystem, Bitcoin holders and traders who spent money, time and effort supporting this business and also the public image? Everyone who traded on MTGox probably talked about Bitcoin a lot with friends, family and others helping the ecosystem and we are talking about A LOT OF PEOPLE.
If this works out, then the Bitcoin community will be stronger than ever and also, don't worry about the bail-outer/s, they will get their Bitcoin value increased, self recognition for knowing they did the right thing and also, a lot of commissions and future funds.

So please, for all the right reasons, show support for a bailout in this case!

I think this is a true test for Bitcoin and the community.

Epinnoia

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:33:55 AM

That is about the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.  Why bail out Mark when Mark may well be the thief?

It would make more sense to set up a reward fund -- to be given to whomever, anonymously or otherwise, provides information that leads to an arrest in the case.  That might be FAR more productive.  It might get large enough to override someone's fears about having signed a non-disclosure agreement....

My first miner -> ATI 4550 (7.2 Mh/sec): 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cryptospeculators/
frito

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:41:02 AM

That is about the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.  Why bail out Mark when Mark may well be the thief?

It would make more sense to set up a reward fund -- to be given to whomever, anonymously or otherwise, provides information that leads to an arrest in the case.  That might be FAR more productive.  It might get large enough to override someone's fears about having signed a non-disclosure agreement....

TAKEOVER or buyout is something completely different than BAILOUT.

Bailout's not gonna happen, but takeover is very much possible.
pengoau

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:49:57 PM

regulate the exchanges, not the coin.

If you want to run an exchange you need conform to a financial licence. If your country doesn't have this requirement and you run an exchange, hopefully due to the mt gox incident people won't use your exchange. Instead they will flock to regulated exchanges. So hopefully people only use "certified"/regulated exchanges and exchanges advertise this fact. Thus you can trust them somewhat.

It kinds subverts the anonymous nature of btc, but you can tumble your coins once they leave the exchange anyway. So at least you have some protection from dodgy people on the exchange. As they can come after the offender as they know who he is (so long as ID documents are not good fakes).

So you prove who you are to the exchange, but once it leaves the exchange.. you get your anonymity back.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

I think the OP is just having a bit of fun with us.  No one in their right mind would ever bail out a bitcoin exchange.  No one.
Sage

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:04:44 PM

Ya, like the 2008 bailouts (robbery)...

Let the free market decide... clearing out the deadwood.  The ecosystem is far better without Gox.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: