Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VIDEO] Roger Ver says he is sorry about MTGOX  (Read 3721 times)
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:21:26 PM

Any chance you can join us in an account-holder take over?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1yyrvf/open_letter_to_mark_karpeles_voluntary/?sort=new
BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:22:50 PM

meh

Life changing amount of money lost by who?....him?  he probably lost 2% at most, same with eric voorhees moaning about losing 550, its a tough loss but both multi millionaires.

These early adopters could help alot more, bitcoin is gunna lose alot of hardcore enthusiasts who got burnt by gox.  There will be new blood at some point sure...

If im roger ver id be looking into a gox take over, limit withdraws & get it up and running, remove CEO & staff... its no longer gox then & customers dont get burned.

Smoothie i know you may probably disagree, i dont want to argue ok really cant be bothered:)

Roger lost 25,000 BTC according to his twitter.

EDIT: he says those were related to bitcoinica.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:26:49 PM

meh

Life changing amount of money lost by who?....him?  he probably lost 2% at most, same with eric voorhees moaning about losing 550, its a tough loss but both multi millionaires.

These early adopters could help alot more, bitcoin is gunna lose alot of hardcore enthusiasts who got burnt by gox.  There will be new blood at some point sure...

If im roger ver id be looking into a gox take over, limit withdraws & get it up and running, remove CEO & staff... its no longer gox then & customers dont get burned.

Smoothie i know you may probably disagree, i dont want to argue ok really cant be bothered:)

Roger lost 25,000 BTC according to his twitter.

Im pleased he has posted here, i lost 30% of my bitcoins holdings total, that will definitely affect my life i guess.  (my fault)

Anyway, can we just work on the solution?

25k goxbtc would make roger a very large shareholder
paradigm_smasher

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:43:57 PM

I'm sorry I led people to trust Mtgox.
I'm sorry I allowed Mtgox to use me in this way.
I'm sorry I ever made that video to help Mtgox. 
It seemed like the right thing at the time.

But I'm sick of people claiming I said Mtgox was was solvent!
I NEVER SAID THAT, EVER!
Liquidity != Solvency
just to analyze on that piece of information... if roger ver was truly sorry he would have put the second paragraph before the first... and used the exclamation marks on the "I'm sorry"-parts not the "I'm sick of".

Just saying.... do rigorous analysis of whatever these cannibals tell you and HOW they tell you.. This guy is mostly annoyed by the backlash, he is not sorry.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:30:06 AM

Glad Roger Ver came in here also. It would be wonderful if you could keep us informed with developments Roger as you may get information before the general public.

Personally I lost 5/6 of my BTC - at a bad time also. It's set me back. But that's my fault.

Anyway we all make mistakes. You let yourself be the mouthpiece for Gox, whether conscious or not. And it's looking quite clear they were in deep shit already. Just be so careful from now on, a man in your position.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:55:12 AM

More respect for making this following up video and admitting a mistake.

Hopefully respected bitcoin community members will realize that they need to do much more due diligence before they put their name behind something; otherwise they won't remain "respected" much longer.

Just some guy flashing a few bank statements saying "We're all good" is not enough...should have actually looked at the books and wallet properly.  If Mark had been unwilling to show that information then should never have made any kind of statement backing them.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 06:34:19 PM

Bump,

the plot thickens, Karpeles is said to have used a single bank account for customer deposits and everything else. So MemoryDealers you are either a lair or a moron.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3fe92x/im_ashley_barr_aka_adam_turner_the_first_mtgox/ctntusz
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 8421

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2019, 10:06:22 AM

I had forgotten that this apology existed.

Do you intend to make one apologizing for backing Craig Wright's false claims of being Satoshi?  For demanding that Bitcoin developers obey him?

I think one is very much needed. Wright's fraud is still causing people's harm and it can be reduced by his victims speaking up.
Quidat

Activity: 2590
Merit: 540

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 03:44:26 PM

I had forgotten that this apology existed.

Do you intend to make one apologizing for backing Craig Wright's false claims of being Satoshi?  For demanding that Bitcoin developers obey him?

I think one is very much needed. Wright's fraud is still causing people's harm and it can be reduced by his victims speaking up.

For sure he wont do such thing and tending for those things to go all the way- theres no turning back though yet the damage
had already been done so theres no time for some apologize.What for? the important thing here is that people do know that
its not right to listed up to this Troll claiming to be satoshi which is actually a faketoshi. This is quite an old thread but since its
been bumped i would just like to post my inputs.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: