Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 12:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any plans on improving watch only usage in Core?  (Read 143 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:40:53 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 08:04:25 PM by cellard

I have been testing out watch only addresses in the testnet. In one computer I had a full node synced, I got some testnet coins (because I was too paranoid to do it live) then I got in another computer a node I didn't bother syncing and put the coins there.

I monitored the coins in the synced node in watch only address. Seems to be working. Now im practicing to learn how to sign raw transactions.

We will ever have this nicely integrated in the GUI to minimize screwing up by manually having to input all that stuff? it would be awesome. I believe in the power of using cvars but I would prefer a GUI for this, just a small mistake and you can screw up bigly.

Or perhaps I can do it in the GUI normally (I use the coin control window to select inputs, so doing this manually is hell) and then once I have click "sent", I can get this raw transaction, copy the resulting text and broadcast it in the watch only hot node by pasting it in the console? any tutorials on this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: