Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:04:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Monero (XMR) directly with GBP?  (Read 101 times)
chaotikka (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:12:47 PM

Hi there, as the title states, I'd really like to use something that allows me to buy XMR with GBP using debit/credit card as payment. Currently I am using Coinbase to buy LTC, sending it over to Poloniex then exchanging it to XMR before sending it to my Monero GUI Wallet - Only then am I able to make a payment with Monero. This means it can take me up to an hour to just make a simple payment and on top of that I am paying unnecessary (or what feels unnecessary) fees for this process.

Basically - Is there anywhere I can buy Monero with GBP using debit/credit card as payment?

Thank you.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1795

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 03:09:55 AM

Have you tried https://changelly.com/? You can exchange your LTC/other coins with XMR there. I never use it before though, but I believe it will be cheaper compared to your usual process of getting XMR as there are no fees from an exchange and (I suppose) you'll get your coins directly.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tran_thuy

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:13:15 AM

I also have trouble as you, I also need advice
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 07:24:53 PM

It's better to have some coins as Tether! You can easily exchange them with XMR or any other crypto whenever you need. Changelly seems to be a promising one while buying coins with fiat other than coinbase. But it is better to buy some higher amounts of Ltc or Eth with your fiat via coinbase and convert them entirely to Tether. Tether on the other hand is safer and won't be exposed to the volatility present in the crypto market. Apart from coinbase, I don't trust other exchanges with my fiat. So its better to buy out some decent chunks of Eth and converting to Tether and later when you are in need you can convert them to XMR.

Also you can even try localmonero.co for buying xmr directly via fiat. The functionality is very similar to localbtc.
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:29:49 PM

Hi there, as the title states, I'd really like to use something that allows me to buy XMR with GBP using debit/credit card as payment. Currently I am using Coinbase to buy LTC, sending it over to Poloniex then exchanging it to XMR before sending it to my Monero GUI Wallet - Only then am I able to make a payment with Monero. This means it can take me up to an hour to just make a simple payment and on top of that I am paying unnecessary (or what feels unnecessary) fees for this process.

Basically - Is there anywhere I can buy Monero with GBP using debit/credit card as payment?

Thank you.
It is very funny to see the man who wants to buy an anonimous coin via credit/debit cards  Grin I guess that it is impossible to buy Monery directly with plastic card.
Orsen

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:35:21 PM

I'm surprised that you want to do it, but you can try it on certain exchangers who take cards!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: