Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum is flooded with Jr. member ranks  (Read 222 times)
julerz12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1121

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:07:39 AM

I noticed recently that the forum have been flooded with countless numbers of Jr. member ranks, which is usually used as an alternate account to farm on bounty campaigns.
I think the problem is, to become a Jr. member, one does not need a single merit to ranked up from a newbie rank. Just a number of activity. [Reference]
Therefore, it is easily being used by some people who wish to have armies of Jr. member rank accounts to farm on numerous bounty campaigns especially on Altcoin section.
Wouldn't it be more beneficial to this forum to require ranking from Newbie to Jr. member gain at least a decent amount of merits first?
This will encourage them to create great quality of posts rather than flooding the forum with spam.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:31:28 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 06:46:14 AM by Coolcryptovator

Exactly similar thread posted  in this board. Require a small amount of merit to become a Junior Member . Also many more post and discussed about this matter. You are too late.

At least read some thread before you posting or use search button.

Please locked your thread from lower left to avoid spam & unnecessary discussion and continue discussion on existing thread.

I just now bump existing thread. Let's discuss  there.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 07:21:00 AM

I keep saying it, but eventually the forum will have to restrict Juniors amd newbies to starter boards. If it fails to do this, then it faces the continuing loss of the better quality members, and increased competition from new forums.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1528

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:04:09 AM
Merited by hilariousetc (1)

I keep saying it, but eventually the forum will have to restrict Juniors amd newbies to starter boards. If it fails to do this, then it faces the continuing loss of the better quality members, and increased competition from new forums.

Yes, I think it is time to go one step further with the merit system. Requiring some merit to reach junior member status and/or disable signatures completely for lower ranks, maybe member included would be good options, and I don't think they would influence the traffic that much. There have been many proposals, I think it is time for Theymos to do something.

simonova

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:17:36 AM

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to this forum to require ranking from Newbie to Jr. member gain at least a decent amount of merits first?

Then you will see the forum filled newbie members.

Now coming back to this issue, it is obvious that this will happen with current criteria. There is a criteria of 10 merit points to gain member rank and most will not be able to achieve that with the quality of posts they make. Something that contributes more to this is that some bounties allow jr members also or even newbies and thus they are content with whatever they get.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:55:21 AM

Jr. Membership is the last stop where no merit required. So, expecting to have too many Jr. Member is not something to wonder about  Grin
Welcome to the merit world where we value the quality not the quantity (ignore the abusing side).

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: