Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HavelockInvestments.com DOWN  (Read 4570 times)
Adeally

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:02:55 PM

Sounds like these companies should hire all you guys to do 24/7 monitoring. What are your rates? Do you offer social integration?
Coinpooler

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:15:24 PM

The site was running like a 3 legged dog last night, and has been down all day today (GMT here).

From what I've seen and heard they are reputable (linked to Lightbox and Canadian Bitcoin), so not worried that they'll do a runner with the money.

Having staff available 24/7 is a too much for a small company, but it wouldn't hurt to have something like nodeping.com setup so they get a text when the site goes down, even if they just wake up and tweet or post on here to say they're aware of the issue and will look into it in the morning.
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:21:43 PM

They're probably all asleep still.
That is poor management then, site should be monitored 24hr/day, they should get service like serviceuptime.

I've never heard of this site before this thread, but, paying employees to be on-call 24/7 isn't cheap, even if they're not required 99.99% of the time.

Not sure how large this company is, and, if they can afford that, but, I personally understand. Give them twenty four hours, I'd say.

browsing securities section since few months but not heard of havelock  Shocked
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:23:04 PM

Sounds like these companies should hire all you guys to do 24/7 monitoring. What are your rates? Do you offer social integration?

This company holds multiple millions of customer dollars, don't be so complacent. I'm fairly sure Havelock can afford to have one guy sit a night shift and alert who ever is needed if something goes wrong, and then post regular updates as things progress. It is actually bewilderingly simple.

>One guy sit on a night shift

I believe data centers already do this free-of-charge (Haha, free, more like 'included in other fees') due to the security of the hardware and data on them. Anyway, it wouldn't be a guard/guy walking around doing it, it'd be a computer program (on a server else-where) checking in every five minutes or so, checking all the common things, site, database, uptime, speed, users, balance, temperatures, ssh sessions, etc...

Don't browse security section. Ever. I browse the new posts thingy at the top left, click what seems interesting.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
V2Rocket

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:40:11 PM

Nothing to worry about

http://s24.postimg.org/mwk3janmt/havelock.gif

I talked to the owners, they seem like real stand-up guys, so I'm not worried.

*... because I laughed when this was "sold" to a panamanian shelf co.
professorY

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:51:48 PM

Impossible. I call BS on this. Havelock is the biggest BTC securities exchange. If you haven't heard of Havelock, you have not been reading the Securities section.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
QuanSushi

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:43:20 PM

The site was running like a 3 legged dog last night, and has been down all day today (GMT here).

From what I've seen and heard they are reputable (linked to Lightbox and Canadian Bitcoin), so not worried that they'll do a runner with the money.

Having staff available 24/7 is a too much for a small company, but it wouldn't hurt to have something like nodeping.com setup so they get a text when the site goes down, even if they just wake up and tweet or post on here to say they're aware of the issue and will look into it in the morning.

They responded to emails, they know it is down.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:46:05 PM

15 minutes till there office opens. got this shit on speeddial
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:50:43 PM

Crypto-trade is also down and they got hacked.
BTCWhale

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:57:38 PM

Can you report your findings here young padawan
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:04:55 PM

It's up. But wait for un update before loggin in.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:21:25 PM

its backup.

shit that was quick.
willBTC

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:24:37 PM

its backup.

shit that was quick.

nice

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERTUBE
         The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far              Discover now!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:24:56 PM

its backup.

shit that was quick.

If it really was just a database down/crashed, as the error suggested, it'd be as simple as restarting the service, one or two lines into a terminal and tuh-duh.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
havelock

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:25:08 PM

Havelock Investments Site is back up.

We apologize for the site being down during the last few hours. A simple database connection issue, but you need the right guy to get out of bed and fix it.

On another note, since we have everyone's attention. We never had any malleability issues.

Also 97% of our wallet is kept in a secure cold storage in multiple locations worldwide.

We always have and always will keep in mind that our company is here to serve you and that without you we will not get up to work everyday.

Thank you for your trust and support,

Havelock Investments

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:28:13 PM

We apologize for the site being down during the last few hours. A simple database connection issue, but you need the right guy to get out of bed and fix it.

On another note, since we have everyone's attention. We never had any malleability issues.

Also 97% of our wallet is kept in a secure cold storage in multiple locations worldwide.

We always have and always will keep in mind that our company is here to serve you and that without you we will not get up to work everyday.

Havelock Investments

great response. more than happy to keep over 50 percent of my BTC here. keep up the excellent work.
QuanSushi

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

Havelock Investments

Thanks for your reply, but what the heck is with "secure cold storage in multiple locations worldwide?". It's not like btc can be physically stored.
You only need the private key to be the owner. So you basically have private keys hidden around the world?
Cin-

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:44:09 PM

Havelock Investments

Thanks guys!

Any plans to upgrade server infrastructure to cope with increasing traffic?
havelock

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:59:36 PM

Thanks guys!

We are constantly working on upgrading our platform, and increasing our support staff to accommodate for the exponential increase of users.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:15:54 PM

Thanks guys!

We are constantly working on upgrading our platform, and increasing our support staff to accommodate for the exponential increase of users.

guys. have you paused trading? i can't see any activity nor can i make any trades
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: