Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:41:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan authorities looking into closure of Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange  (Read 1339 times)
Misesian (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:38:32 AM

"(Reuters) - Japanese authorities are looking into the abrupt closure of Mt. Gox, the top government spokesman said on Wednesday in Tokyo's first official reaction to the turmoil at what was the world's biggest exchange for bitcoin virtual currency."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/02/26/uk-bitcoin-mtgox-japan-idUKBREA1P04O20140226
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:39:23 AM

yes somebody at least takesome responsiblity
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:41:30 AM

The Magic the Gathering clowns best hope it's the U.S. that takes more interest in prosecuting him.  The Japanese legal system is notoriously slow and inefficient, and it is not unheard of for a case to take five years or more from charges to trial.  I think anyone associated with Gox would also be considered a flight risk.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:08:09 AM

The Magic the Gathering clowns best hope it's the U.S. that takes more interest in prosecuting him.  The Japanese legal system is notoriously slow and inefficient, and it is not unheard of for a case to take five years or more from charges to trial.  I think anyone associated with Gox would also be considered a flight risk.

They also have a higher conviction rate and far less crime than the US. I hear that even the mobsters (yakuza) there are afraid of carrying guns.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:12:33 AM

this story is BS im not even going to bother reading it

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
deliciousham

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:58:52 AM

what makes you think its BS?
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:01:06 AM

what makes you think its BS?

He didn't read it ... I doubt he can answer!

Or this is your strategy to get him reading?Tongue

Space for rent if its still trending
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:12:31 AM

Glad to hear they are looking into it. I mean if it was just a regular exchange and not a bitcoin one they would be on it long ago.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:37:01 AM

Glad to hear they are looking into it. I mean if it was just a regular exchange and not a bitcoin one they would be on it long ago.

please answer these details for me

Name of Official :

Department :

Authority :

Law or Act :

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 10:38:40 AM

It's from Reuters, unless this is a fake reuters website this story won't be b.s.

For those who don't know Reuters is actually a pretty reputable news/information group, CNBC use their data a lot when they talk about stocks, unless of course MTGOX somehow managed to bribe them into posting this news story in order to give MTGOX customers false hope.
Misesian (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:43:34 AM

Name of Official :

Department :

Authority :

Law or Act :

"At this stage the relevant financial authorities, the police, the Finance Ministry and others are gathering information on the case," Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told a regular news conference when asked about Tuesday's shutdown of the Tokyo-based exchange.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:39:40 PM

Name of Official :

Department :

Authority :

Law or Act :

"At this stage the relevant financial authorities, the police, the Finance Ministry and others are gathering information on the case," Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told a regular news conference when asked about Tuesday's shutdown of the Tokyo-based exchange.

Which he might have known had he read it!
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:54:09 PM

Name of Official :  Yoshihide Suga
Department : Chief Cabinet Secretary
Authority : Secretary Suga is the 2nd most powerful person in the Government of Japan. "Chief Cabinet Secretary" means that the heads of all the ministries report to him.
Law or Act : Payment Services Act
With Mt. Gox getting attention at that level, things are going to happen.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:04:57 PM

I personally think there must be fraud in there somewhere, hopfully someone is going to jail for this. What I fear is that all logs and books have been altered and destroyed
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:05:04 PM

yes somebody at least takesome responsiblity

If we ALL took some responsibility for our lives, nobody else would have to.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: