Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ban violation could carry a 10K$ fine  (Read 840 times)
RottenSteel

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:37:21 AM

None can stop a BTC user to use it, there are thousands of ways to use, as BTC is a free blockchain based currency and also it is not centralized but a global. You get problems only when you try to find exchanges in Vietnam and try to purchase something with it.
WinterCamel

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:51:20 AM

If we think about modern situation then some banks are really helpful for crypto currency especially for BTC but most of the banks are against it because of their personal benefits.
AngryPanther

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:05:16 AM

Actually this market is very profitable and has good future but most of the banks don't like BTC along with crypto currency because they think it may disturb their business but bank like Switzerland already open for such types of initiative.
cryptocoinshunter007

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:31:59 AM

That's not a good news. There are many countries in the world that has banned Bitcoin and has an anti-crypto mentality. Probably, they fear that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency might replace them in future.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

I think Vietnam has a much more worse condition compared to India as it still allows cryptocurrency trading as well as they have their own local crypto exchanges while here in Vietnam they suddenly prohibited mining as well as trading. I remembered that I have read a news report about the government confiscating imported mining equipment for some mining corporations both locally and foreign miners sad to say that the ones who are mining in Vietnam is in a lot of trouble with this legal changes.
BitcoinMaster555

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:15:44 PM

This is sad to see that the banks are so reluctant to get associated with this currency given it is so popular and countries like Switzerland are so open to it.
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:51:22 PM

Nothing to worry because within a few days Vietnami people will get it safe I guess. Digital currency is a big market so such events can occasionally rotate in. I hope that the problem will be solved within a short time.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
cryptocrabs2

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:21:01 PM

The coin is not banned entirely. It was banned, that it bitcoins are banned to be used as a fiat. So, if you are in Vietnam, you cannot covert it into fiat.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:47:57 PM

It just show how desperate their banks to ban Bitcoin from their country but Bitcoin is not that limited to any banks. It could be use globally and they have to do is to exchange their Bitcoin to any money that can be converted to their fiat currency and the problem solved.

Without insisting to their banks that Bitcoin is a kind of cashless form of whatever they think it is because technically they don't know what Bitcoin is, don't they?

rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 04:36:07 AM

I think that The Vietnamese government's action against Bitcoin would not affect in the crypto market widely. Because bitcoin is being operated globally.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:18:20 AM

The State Bank of Viet name has reiterated that the ban on bitcoin was still effective and that offenders could be fined to the tune of 10,000$ ,insisting that the only acceptable cashless forms of money remain the traditional cheques, wire transfers etc. In the light of growing adopting on bitcoin by a lot of countries, Is this an effective way for the Vietnamese bank to control cash in the economy or it stems from lack of understanding of the wonders of bitcoin? Opinion!

Excerpts from:
https://vietnamnews.vn/economy/business-beat/463624/calls-again-for-scrapping-credit-growth-limits-for-banks.html#X4jxEAAsFx9O4jk0.97

Whenever government release a set of rules, its sure to come along with punishment for anyone who flout the judgement as it is the same in every law enacted by government. In tax laws for example there is always the punishment of prison sentence but over here since the beginning of time, I have not seen anyone committed to prison because of that the worse that have ever happened is the payment of fines. In this case, one thing is sure, they cannot stop bitcoin or its use, the onus is then on the users in that part of the world to protect themselves by not unnecessarily exposing themselves to the eyes of the law because when one person is caught, he will be surely made as an example for others.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:28:48 AM

In all cases you are wrong and the government is right because they make the rules and bend them at will, especially if they don't like the way you conduct business or speak out against them publicly. That's how things have been happening in China for years and to a certain degree also happen in Russia. In other words, the lack of clarity means more power to the governments, and that directly translates into suppression.

I agree. It's scary, and I'd say it's a really good thing that there doesn't seem to be much news about governments abusing cryptocurrency regulatory ambiguity. For this case specifically, they do seem to be trying to develop a framework:

https://vietnamnews.vn/economy/420644/vn-needs-cryptocurrency-laws.html#yJkWth4dtkQxKyvr.97

...but that's the latest update and that was 7 months ago, so the Vietnamese crypto community still needs to take extra care of their activities.

Humne1965

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:06:56 AM

I think there is no reason to worry about it because Bitcoin is the global digital currency. In anytime, anywhere in the world and anyone can transition or trade through through this mighty platform.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:54:14 AM

I don't know the local equivalent of that $10k to their currency but I'm certainly sure that that an average Viet trader cannot afford to pay that fine. Looks like their country is very serious to prohibit the use of bitcoin so their citizens should migrate to another country if they really want.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:00:07 AM

The issuance, supply and use of Bitcoin and other virtual money are prohibited

Oh no! That was a terrible news for our Vietnamese crypto friends out there. I can't see any loopholes from this to be honest because I think using exchanges for converting crypto to fiat (Vietnames Dong) won't work because the bottomline, you are using crypto. Well, much safer if you will now stop using btc if that's the case or else you will be fined by a large amount of money, because if you insist and get caught, the profits you generated from crypto might be not enough to pay the fine — so inefficient.
Popov_popov

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:57:17 PM

Many countries do not understand that bitcoin can help not only people, but the state too, if they start to extract them.
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:29:54 PM

Are the banks really so scared of Bitcoin that they need to start fining people who want to use it? That screams of desperation on their part. Greed on top of greed. Maybe if they weren't so greedy in the first place, people wouldn't be scrambling for an alternative.
Such methods apply only those countries in which a weak national currency or not a real market economy. That is, the states in this case are afraid that people will translate. money to other states, and sometimes they themselves will go there after them. Therefore, it is easier for them to operate with the usual and customary for them administrative methods.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 03:13:13 AM

From my limited understanding of the situation, it looks like using Bitcoin as a payment medium is a punishable offense, but holding coins is not illegal. There may be some loophole. What if a Vietnamese national travels to Singapore and converts his coins to SGD there?
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:43:03 PM

If we are a normal investors who is just want tant to invest our savings amount from the salary on to the bitcoin will not get into the eyes on those governments because they only notice the of big amount of transfers with the citizen but you still can send the money without using the banks so if you want to invest on bitcoin even if you are from restricted place you have the chance to do it but risky though.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:25:29 PM

The State Bank of Viet name has reiterated that the ban on bitcoin was still effective and that offenders could be fined to the tune of 10,000$ ,insisting that the only acceptable cashless forms of money remain the traditional cheques, wire transfers etc. In the light of growing adopting on bitcoin by a lot of countries, Is this an effective way for the Vietnamese bank to control cash in the economy or it stems from lack of understanding of the wonders of bitcoin? Opinion!

Excerpts from:
https://vietnamnews.vn/economy/business-beat/463624/calls-again-for-scrapping-credit-growth-limits-for-banks.html#X4jxEAAsFx9O4jk0.97

I don't think that it's logical at all, nor is it going to be effective.

Serious bitcoin traders with international connections are most likely going to continue to trade no matter what the policy is. A $10k fine is unlikely to deter anyone from trying to access, use, and trade bitcoin.

Also, banning bitcoin essentially means missing out on tons of government revenue if the crypto industry was to be legalised, and regulated. This is probably not as well thought out. It's understandable though that they'd want to continue to assert their control over the economy, which may be the reason why this ban exists, but there are still plenty of other ways for capital to flow out of their country without the need of bitcoin whatsoever. It's not like bitcoin is anywhere near being significant as a tool for people to carry funds out of the country, especially in countries with low adoption like Vietnam.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: