Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEX unsafe?  (Read 19652 times)
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:25:02 PM

I've just read this comment on another website:

my idex account was "hacked" even though my pkeys were offline and i never got hacked till 2015 until i used this idex scam , it was only 600$ that i wanted to buy some dips, got too naive trusting this shitty exchange and trading there
i deserved it . i am 100% sure i didnt get phished hacked or anything , because i am an infosec student and i had all the precaution (only precaution i didnt take was taking off exchange the tokens, bad mistake) however it is idex fault it is a scam, u can or not believe but i think they are involved, 300,000 $ of total scams on this address all coming from idex funds, first rule of crypto, never keep funds on exchange, moreover if is a shitty exchange, beware biz, IDEX IS A SCAM, a pajeet got scammed for 16k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PSDN_1HWk [Embed] lots of ppl got "hacked" , is not an hack idex is involved in this shit for sure, 1.5m cap exchange fuck off , i totally deserve it because i am smarter than this, but man, this shit exchange is involved inthis shit for sure, NEVER GOT HACKED IN 4 YEARS , 2 weeks of idex, hack, strange? 300,000 $ linked to the scammer, all coming from idex.. strange?? IDEX SCAM
0x5e578a71736308594b98e980e32b5554b2bb4150

[...]

DO NOT USE IDEX there is a bug that records the private key entry allowing sniffing through sslstrip while loading happens , plus the private key it can be retrieved through cookies forensics as well

Anyone got any news?
Idex telegram is unoperative.

I have been using IDEX for quite a long time now and I still didn't get any trouble on using it. Maybe there is something you need that did resulted for you to be hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thanh2302

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:25:33 PM

I do not know IDEX is safe or secure, but I think the problem he encountered is that hackers have hacked into his account and taken away his money. But I do not think this is a bug at IDEX, but how he can secure his account
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:59:00 PM

Do you search the IDEX exchange directly on Google?
Both the first and second places for Google search solutions are phishing links, though both eventually point to the real IDEX exchange.
Yes, you're right there really are phishing links and people who do not know about it are becoming victims of fraudsters. You need to be very careful and carefully check the sitelink on which you plan to enter data.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:00:20 PM

I don't really understand IDEX.  It seems like it never logs you out. Or is it just me.  I set up an account, but I am hesitant to fund it.  That said, there are ERC20 tokens that trade on IDEX and nowhere else...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
shana95

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:09:39 PM

When using the dexes we must have to be very careful. Holding tokens in exchange is very dangerous. Little mistake enough to lose our coins. Sometimes they aren't our faults. I also saw some bad complaints about IDEX by users. But people still hold their tokens in exchange wallets. Best thing hols your tokens in MEW or other related wallets. But you have to forget the transactions fees. But I think forgetting the small fees is good than the lost whole invested coins. I'm feeling positive at least one person learn something with these results.
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:52:22 PM

as well as on another decentralized exchange (etherdelta) I would not risk and come from my wallet (the risk of break is great, the author himself is to blame)

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:43:59 PM

This is really weird. I've used Idex very many times and i never had a bad experience. That commnent could ve a false one from someone who just wants to hurt the reputation of Idex, or he just got phised somehow.

ninobtcx (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:34:10 AM

I don't understand...how can a decentralized exchange can be hacked? It's all based on blockchain..correct?
Can someone tell me more?

3 ways.
1. man in the middle attack: someone creates a phishing clone website, people get in, keys get stolen the moment they are entered
2. bugs that allow key sniffing
3. website getting hacked, key sniffing

just to understand...in this kind of exchange, the private keys, are preserved in the blockchain itself?

Your question makes no sense.
But if you are asking me whether idex actually intends to record private keys entered - then the answer is no.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:05:27 AM

I don't understand...how can a decentralized exchange can be hacked? It's all based on blockchain..correct?
Can someone tell me more?

3 ways.
1. man in the middle attack: someone creates a phishing clone website, people get in, keys get stolen the moment they are entered
2. bugs that allow key sniffing
3. website getting hacked, key sniffing

just to understand...in this kind of exchange, the private keys, are preserved in the blockchain itself?

Your question makes no sense.
But if you are asking me whether idex actually intends to record private keys entered - then the answer is no.

i'm sorry, maybe i haven't enough knowledge to understand.
It's that i believed that decentralized exchanges were more safe than normal exchanges..
great.crypto.finansist

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:58:16 PM

In general, IDEX can be called an improved version of the EtherDELTA exchange. There is a more refined and unloaded interface, and the problem with access to the account is also fixed. You can notice a slowdown in work. The only negative, in my opinion, the lack of good and promising crypto currency on IDEX. Good reliable exchange.
Sindicatout

Activity: 504
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:09:05 PM

I use this exchange for a long time. I do not even miss the opportunity to bargain with new coins, which only just came out there. I like IDEX

Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:10:54 PM

Dude maybe you joined another airdrop token and you forgot to gave eth address instead you gave private key. Just be careful next time you login or sharing otherd bout your eth address.
sentoy

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:11:52 PM

index is a decentralized market that is useful for exchanges, and it protects your wallet from all cheating and you have to block it so that it is quickly accessed and there are also ideas that say it's not safe, it depends on everyone using its services.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  A virtual hangout place for shopping     
  discord telegram twitter        [ JOIN NOW ]  |  culture         
lilysbee

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 08:43:51 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 09:32:57 PM by lilysbee

I don't see anything unsafe about Idex.  What u do is connected to metamask. I don't understand my private directly on any decentralized exchanges.  The safest way is to use metamask. So next time  you use an decentralized  exchange like Forkdelta, Etherdelta, idex etc,  import your wallet to metamask  and connect to the exchange.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:11:57 PM

Add the name of the exchange to the browser bookmarks and click here. All search requests are issued at the first places phishing sites that steal your passwords and access to your wallet is in the hands of thieves.

ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:17:25 PM

Do you check the spellingbof the idex. Because there are lot of idex when you search it in a google. There idex.org , idex.com and etc that start with idex. It will be best if you visit or search first the social media of a exchanger to verify the correct link
srcnckr

Activity: 244

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:19:53 PM

Add the name of the exchange to the browser bookmarks and click here. All search requests are issued at the first places phishing sites that steal your passwords and access to your wallet is in the hands of thieves.
I usually transfer the token I want to exchange on IDEX to a new wallet and conduct the transaction on IDEX. I feel unsafe when dealing on decentralized floors. I think the best way to link Metamash wallet to trading on IDEX, is a very safe way for investors.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 09:28:49 PM

Most of the people who get scammed, actually didn't get scammed by the exchange itself.
The most common way people get scammed is through phishing links.
I just roll my eyes at someone that lost money because of this.
It's so simple to safeguard yourself against this.

As far as IDEX having weaknesses in it's platform that hackers can exploit, I'm pretty sure it does.
All exchanges do, centralized or decentralized.
I understand fully that I take risks whenever I trade.

But also, to think that IDEX is a scam because someone lost 16,000 dollars is laughable.
That is small money compared to how much they make through fees.
Why one earth would IDEX throw it away to purposeful take a measely 16k?

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:41:30 PM

I didn't read any news about that.. however it's months since first etherdelta hack that I use every decentralized exchange only with my ledger nano s or metamask.
arkaasay

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:18:07 PM

I also thought so, some time ago I transferred a few coins to the kuchoin but they didn't come in my kuchoin wallet, now I'm a little worried about this exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: