Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:31:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEX unsafe?  (Read 19651 times)
mikkev01

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:27:09 PM

While it's technically possible for IDEX (or any website) to be hacked the way that ED was, we reviewed our security and ensured 2FA was in place and updated, as well as all server keys. Also, the way IDEX is technically structured, it would be much more difficult to pull off before we noticed and shut down the site.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 10:43:55 PM

He might enter the fake exchange, not idex, but like idexx.. there are few good apps even in google chrome, which detects fake or real web addresses, I will not say the name, but surely you can find it and that tool is very helpful. With that one your risk of entering to the fake web page is lower and I guess that guy did that, like entering to fake MEW wallet and leaving your private keys to hackers, the same thing likely happened with idex here.
lilysbee

Activity: 157
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 09:24:29 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 09:40:47 PM by lilysbee

I have been using idex and other decentralized exchanges for along time now and have never hard issues of hacking,  one thing we should try to do is to be sure of any link before we click.  Hackers and  criminals are in the habit of sending phishing links around and when  you ignorantly click k on it and import your private key then your funds are stolen.  But you can also play safe by using metamask extention.  If you are using an android phone download yandex browser  then connect metamask,  if  system you can use chrome to connect.  Then each time you want to trade in idex you import your private key to metamask and not directly to the exchange site.
ninobtcx (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:16:38 PM

While it's technically possible for IDEX (or any website) to be hacked the way that ED was, we reviewed our security and ensured 2FA was in place and updated, as well as all server keys. Also, the way IDEX is technically structured, it would be much more difficult to pull off before we noticed and shut down the site.

Who is "we"?
Are you part of the Idex team?
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:19:47 PM

IDEX is the exchange floor, in my opinion, is very safe because I have done a lot of transactions on it. But there is one thing I fret that linking the wallet MEW directly on the website will lead to the disclosure of private key in the future. So to be safe, you should store cryptos on hardware wallet instead of on MEW when dealing on IDEX.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:42:43 PM

OKay if you didn't give your private key to others maybe you showed others your API Key. Instead holding some coins in a decentralized exchange why not keep it on Hardware wallet or hot wallet.

Haten1975

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:30:22 AM

You need to have a safe and secure internet connection in order to use IDEX. The exchange itself is a safe one though.
sarfield

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:43:46 AM

As if not believing in reading the link, but not being able to do much just monitoring and proving the incident yourself.
Hope it doesn't happen to me.

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
[/center]
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:48:59 AM

I think every market has a high level of security.
but there is also a gap in each of these high security.
I rarely hear someone hacked into their market account.
it might be affected by phishing or someone already knows about the privacy of his account.
Idex opened a wallet with PV.
it's very easy if someone else gets our PV information.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jepoyr1

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:52:37 AM

IDEX is safe and secured trading site maybe you enter the wrong one, just be careful next time when you enter the trading site go to coinmarketcap first and search the exchange for security purposes.
thsaudtl1
Copper Member

Activity: 156

Let's get lots of useful information!.

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:53:03 AM

I think the IDEX exchange is safe, but the trade volume is way too short to be considered. Of course, at the choice of the exchange, the safeguarding of assets must be the highest priority. Then you will see the capital of the exchange and you will see the amount of the investment, the trading volume is too small compared to other exchanges, it is too burdensome to trade and it seems that it takes too much time to trade once.

══════════════☛UbcoinMarket☚═════════════
EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS
Hurs1965

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:53:52 PM

There has been many news and reports claiming hacks in various exchange sites. So, it’s always better to use exchanges with good security like Binance, Bitfinex etc. even though people are constantly advised to check for anything suspicious, hackers always find a way to get through them. Maybe it’ll be another lesson for new investors out there.
barabeku

Activity: 568

umachit.fund

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:17:23 PM

I have two wallets, one is for keeping all the coins and the other is for exchanging in IDEX. I have read the comments about this issue many times and I decided to insure myself in any cases.

MuhamadDikri

Activity: 1022

Working Hard?? Working Smart!!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 04:10:31 PM

Idex Exchange  i think safe  brother, i have use idex for a long time ago to sell and buy token there, until now i never  get problem from idex exchange  Smiley
santosummer

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:38:02 PM

IDex is a decentralized trading platform. In fact, it's more professional and rewarding than FD or ED. I used IDex trohg for a while without much hindrance. Please consider using private key or better by unlocking with Json file.
Sometimes idex is annoying with updates and delays. But it is still a good trading platform.
Esterklu

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:11:01 PM

Oh, it is not good news, i don't prefer to use IDEX and now will be more careful with this exchange. And will use metamask only. Thank you for information.
a31078

Activity: 340

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:35:36 AM

May be you probably entered the wrong link which would have been a phising site. Yeah we can never be too careful sometimes things like this happens with all the guard you could have placed. Sorry for the lost.
I agree with your suggestion because IDEX is a good exchange and as long as your private key is offline, I do not think they it can access your information because it is decentralized but I you have learnt from this mistakes and it would not happen again. I also use this exchange and I do not have any problem with it because my funds are safe but I also know that it is not good to keep coin on an exchange for long, it is better to store it in a wallet.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:26:58 PM

I've just read this comment on another website:

my idex account was "hacked" even though my pkeys were offline and i never got hacked till 2015 until i used this idex scam , it was only 600$ that i wanted to buy some dips, got too naive trusting this shitty exchange and trading there
i deserved it . i am 100% sure i didnt get phished hacked or anything , because i am an infosec student and i had all the precaution (only precaution i didnt take was taking off exchange the tokens, bad mistake) however it is idex fault it is a scam, u can or not believe but i think they are involved, 300,000 $ of total scams on this address all coming from idex funds, first rule of crypto, never keep funds on exchange, moreover if is a shitty exchange, beware biz, IDEX IS A SCAM, a pajeet got scammed for 16k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PSDN_1HWk [Embed] lots of ppl got "hacked" , is not an hack idex is involved in this shit for sure, 1.5m cap exchange fuck off , i totally deserve it because i am smarter than this, but man, this shit exchange is involved inthis shit for sure, NEVER GOT HACKED IN 4 YEARS , 2 weeks of idex, hack, strange? 300,000 $ linked to the scammer, all coming from idex.. strange?? IDEX SCAM
0x5e578a71736308594b98e980e32b5554b2bb4150

[...]

DO NOT USE IDEX there is a bug that records the private key entry allowing sniffing through sslstrip while loading happens , plus the private key it can be retrieved through cookies forensics as well

Anyone got any news?
Idex telegram is unoperative.
Too much blame for a Decentralized exchange. You cant say that you are a perfect cautious man on your entire life on where there would always be a mistake on our part why we do experience problem unless if had been proved out. We have seen lots of instances about redirection of IDEX into other phishing sites which causes for you to expose keys but since you do mention that you are smart then I presume you had missed out possible instances of hack. Wont you consider that someone might do have your keys on other ways? not on idex alone but also into your storage itself.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Beimere

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:43:54 PM

IDEX is a decentralized exchange system and it is secure way of dealing. It may happen because someone might stole your private key so that they can access to your idea via metamusk. Also may be your internet connection was not secure or maybe you visited to some other scammed link! So be careful while installing software in the computer.
ListingOnly561

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:22:31 PM

I don’t think they can access your wallet if you had visit the original site of IDEX. This is a decentralized exchange. I prefer you to use metamask.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: