Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEX unsafe?  (Read 19657 times)
BTCPair1000

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:36:21 PM

It’s a decentralized exchange. I think he/ she scammed for the fishing link. I always try to use meta mask that connect to any kinds of desk. It will keep our wallet safe than we can use is as a private key.
OffGrid54

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

I think you visit the wrong link which is a phishing site. You should find the right site and bookmark it. And you can use matamask. It is good for any decentralized exchanges.
InfiniteBlock560

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:50:00 PM

I never heard this kind of things about IDEX. It is really secure platform and I have used this several times. Maybe you go through a phishing site. I am extremely sorry to hear your loss.
ILScoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:42:53 PM

There are many phishing links out there  when you  search for idex on Google,  kindly ensure to check the right one before inputting your private key,  idex has been safe  all this while and it's still safe,  do not click on any different link apart from the original link
hotimbineh

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:52:33 PM

I want to tell you how I looked for a link to a market exchange, namely by visiting the https://coinmarketcap.com/  and looking for the market that we will visit, this helps you to find an exchange instead of using a search engine and maybe this is one of the tips so that we do not fall on pising sites.

WolfRisk

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:52:45 AM

That's can access on your wallet and really it's risky for your wallet. So, hope you will be careful about phising and safe with your wallet.
Brequir

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:05:35 AM

IDEX is decentralized exchange. So they can get access to your wallet.Need to be aware and be secure from phishing.
WrayburnBTC

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:08:52 AM

Hope you faced phising link. So need to be careful next time and make sure about link as it phising or not.
Ghebung Masam

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:15:13 AM

very terrible. so decentralized exchange is not safe, idexx should be responsible for this problem, because we import the private key there. I think idex is better than etherdelta and forkdelta, but the fact is they are the same and just as annoying.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 09:22:15 AM

IDEX is a decentralized exchange system and it is secure way of dealing. It may happen because someone might stole your private key so that they can access to your idea via metamusk. Also may be your internet connection was not secure or maybe you visited to some other scammed link! So be careful while installing software in the computer.

So far, I have no problems with IDEX and etherdelta/forkdelta as decentralized exchanges for that matter. I just always make sure that I am accessing the right site and there are no warnings whatsoever that it is not secure just like what happen to myetherwallet site few months ago. OP said that he is sure he was not phished and he just keep his coins in the exchange which is not a good idea as we know that keeping the coins in an exchange is not secure so maybe the wallet that the exchange was using is hacked that's why his funds are gone with it.

kingofhell9008

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:49:18 AM

Maybe you became a victim of some phishing website all Malware links. They might have caused this issues. You must report this problem to IDEX technical support team. Also, be very careful from next time.
Silentsweeper785

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:45:27 PM

The chances are the users might be exposed to phishing links. If there are still doubts in the air, it will be better to not to use IDEX.
nghi2018

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:06:16 PM

IDEX is a decentralized exchange which required private key. So I never use it. You need to be very careful .
LinkinPrak852

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:42:06 PM

IDEX is a secure exchange and the transactions are always safe and secure. But you do need a have a secure internet connection free from malware and bots in order to avoid difficulties.
sergiorus

Activity: 840
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:28:52 PM

IDEX is a decentralized exchange which required private key. So I never use it. You need to be very careful .
this tbh
why would it be safe if you put your private key?
You literally can't be sure your funds are safe if you do not use trezor/ledger nano, just get one mate
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:08:23 AM

IDEX is safe until now. I never had a problem using this exchanges...
This guy who you said is just unlucky, maybe he visits the IDEX phishing site and never check the right IDEX website URL before. Also, why he doesn't use metamask ? it's very risky to login the exchanges without the metamask...

This is absolutely her own fault...
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:51:37 AM

I have used IDEX before but I'm not sure if it is still safe. I only use it to exchange coins that are only available to be sold there and I have never kept any of my altcoins there. It's also not an exchange that you would trust because it's not very popular to a lot of users or traders here.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:56:38 AM

I have been using it for more than 5 months but till now, i have never faced any problem with the exchange and most of the coin listed in IDEX are ethereum based coins. If ethereum blockchain transaction are very fast then automatically idex transactions will be fast.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:14:48 AM

I have used IDEX before but I'm not sure if it is still safe. I only use it to exchange coins that are only available to be sold there and I have never kept any of my altcoins there. It's also not an exchange that you would trust because it's not very popular to a lot of users or traders here.
For most tokens that can't be sell in much bigger and well known exchange idex is the alternative ways, it's really hard to entrust your money with decentralized site like this as you don't have any idea what can be done without your knowledge, though I haven't experienced any similar things like this but it's something that we need to check out.
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:18:54 AM

I use IDEX often and have never had such a problem. Hardware wallet ( ledger nano s) directly opened IDEX and I use it easily
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: