Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:11:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEX unsafe?  (Read 19651 times)
hcf27

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:17:56 AM

I've just read this comment on another website:

my idex account was "hacked" even though my pkeys were offline and i never got hacked till 2015 until i used this idex scam , it was only 600$ that i wanted to buy some dips, got too naive trusting this shitty exchange and trading there
i deserved it . i am 100% sure i didnt get phished hacked or anything , because i am an infosec student and i had all the precaution (only precaution i didnt take was taking off exchange the tokens, bad mistake) however it is idex fault it is a scam, u can or not believe but i think they are involved, 300,000 $ of total scams on this address all coming from idex funds, first rule of crypto, never keep funds on exchange, moreover if is a shitty exchange, beware biz, IDEX IS A SCAM, a pajeet got scammed for 16k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PSDN_1HWk [Embed] lots of ppl got "hacked" , is not an hack idex is involved in this shit for sure, 1.5m cap exchange fuck off , i totally deserve it because i am smarter than this, but man, this shit exchange is involved inthis shit for sure, NEVER GOT HACKED IN 4 YEARS , 2 weeks of idex, hack, strange? 300,000 $ linked to the scammer, all coming from idex.. strange?? IDEX SCAM
0x5e578a71736308594b98e980e32b5554b2bb4150

[...]

DO NOT USE IDEX there is a bug that records the private key entry allowing sniffing through sslstrip while loading happens , plus the private key it can be retrieved through cookies forensics as well

Anyone got any news?
Idex telegram is unoperative.
Pretty good, A good exchange for the successful ICO and listed at the first exchange. There are a lot of altcoin pumping or pump every day, Very suitable to earn a profit. I just do not like IDEX at a few things: The interface does not really attract users and the fees are quite high

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Angel Di

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

I also enjoy data services for the exchange of Idex. In principle, never as yet had no problems. But I do not leave my funds there and do not bind my wallet to the service, but use another account, another wallet.
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:00:20 PM

I also enjoy data services for the exchange of Idex. In principle, never as yet had no problems. But I do not leave my funds there and do not bind my wallet to the service, but use another account, another wallet.
This is because he is an intelligent person. I'm probably also smart - I use a separate purse for IDEX, I keep tokens on a cold purse and use a separate computer for this. Simply, I have repeatedly encountered acquaintances who store their keys in one file with a purse address. If you do not mind, autumn is easy to confuse.

investblog

Activity: 490
Merit: 115

Future is Minter

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:58:35 AM

This is because he is an intelligent person. I'm probably also smart - I use a separate purse for IDEX, I keep tokens on a cold purse and use a separate computer for this. Simply, I have repeatedly encountered acquaintances who store their keys in one file with a purse address. If you do not mind, autumn is easy to confuse.

Of course it is good strategy but for etherdelta for example. Idex is safety and you don't need to use a separate computer or wallet

Xuaquing141

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:56:13 PM

Occasionally, decentralized exchange such as IDEX or Etherdelta often have reports of hacking while trading on it. I think the hacked case is because you do not go to the site of the exact exchange, please avoid  the habit when using any trading platform to google search, it is easy for you to go to the fake page and the results are stolen tokens. Using Idex with metamask  to enhance the security please.
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:13:24 AM

This should be everyone doing though it consume some eth for gas but still we can sleep like a baby every night. We all know importing our private keys aren't secured but of course sometimes we need to use DEX so this will be the least that we can do to avoid losing of funds. I'm actually a fan of ED and Forkdelta and luckily it smoothly work for me.

Artem57

Activity: 232
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:34:31 PM

About the safety of this exchange is nothing bad I can not say. But I use it for about a year and no embezzlement or other fraudulent acts on me didn't happen. The exchange is quite convenient for new users . I recommend to all beginners and colleagues.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Xuaquing141

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:18:20 PM

Using idex with Metamask is the safest way to protect your wallet. If you go to the fake Idex page which is attacked by DOS, the metamask will display the red Flag. Its  the great way to avoid the scam or stolen private key
artem21

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:38:59 AM

how this exchange can be unsafe, if it is decentralized, it means that it is not controlled by anyone. Therefore, it will be very difficult to steal our money in my memory on the stock exchange, the problems of nebylo
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:51:40 AM

Bump! recently many of my friends got same issue, their token stolen after using idex. Anyone have more info please explain here
makel0ve

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:50:50 AM

I haven't successfully traded at IDEX. I used to wanna transfer the coins to IDEX to sell them. However, the transfer was not successful and i gave up eventually.
ninis45

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:54:41 AM

until now I still trade dio idex there are even a number of tokens that have been around for almost a year and are still safe and I think our friends are on a phishing site and I suggest you if you want to enter an idex exchange. marketcap coins to open them and save the link

Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:44:28 PM

Not new, there are also some reports and complains like that few months ago.

I didn't know on how it happened but whenever you guys an exchange like IDEX, use it with metamask.

The guy on the video said there's someone who's using a remote access on the idex network, probably its his wallet and got his private key.

IDEX is a decentralized exchange so how it can be controlled by someone, unless he accessed the wallet itself.

I am aware of the phishing links; if that is the reason why these people lost their funds it wouldn't be as bad as if there is actually a private key sniffing issue as they mentioned.
That's my guess that someone stole his private key.

The scammer/hacker got $94,000 = 222 ETH and that's a lot. I'll take this as a warning and will be more careful from my trades there.

Yes, you right if we want to use IDEX or any other exchange site  and we can use metamask as secondary security of our wallet then  use it, because using metamask your wallet is safe while connecting in any exchange sites to buy and sell altcoins.

livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:52:34 PM

I haven't successfully traded at IDEX. I used to wanna transfer the coins to IDEX to sell them. However, the transfer was not successful and i gave up eventually.
What does the error says? most of the traders here can't say anything bad about IDEX and most of it are all positive. And the incident that happened to what OP wants to address is different from others experience. There's someone claiming that he has lost his ETH and a guy hacked the wallets sent to another wallet. Just be careful whenever you are trading to any exchange, everything on internet is vulnerable.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
fanBit101

Activity: 228

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:14:22 PM

IDEX minimum transaction 0.15ETH. Recently, there have been some issues with GAS fees. Try to document the error message for sharing and community help. Except for this, I have not encountered any obstacles with the IDEX on the trade.
tumiswaluh
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:36:04 PM

If that news are real, i guess no one will trading on IDEX, but actually until now idex still have good volume on their platform, and also there's so much user still using IDEX
nghi2018

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:44:10 AM

IDEX is a decentralized exchange .so i feel worry to use it. Someone can controll my account. There are also some reports like that.
Macinto$h

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:28:27 AM

I can not believe that this exchange has such serious problems. I used it many times to sell tokens and I never had any problems with it once.
rradulescu

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 07:12:53 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2019, 10:41:52 AM by rradulescu

I've just read this comment on another website:

my idex account was "hacked" even though my pkeys were offline and i never got hacked till 2015 until i used this idex scam , it was only 600$ that i wanted to buy some dips, got too naive trusting this shitty exchange and trading there
i deserved it . i am 100% sure i didnt get phished hacked or anything , because i am an infosec student and i had all the precaution (only precaution i didnt take was taking off exchange the tokens, bad mistake) however it is idex fault it is a scam, u can or not believe but i think they are involved, 300,000 $ of total scams on this address all coming from idex funds, first rule of crypto, never keep funds on exchange, moreover if is a shitty exchange, beware biz, IDEX IS A SCAM, a pajeet got scammed for 16k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PSDN_1HWk [Embed] lots of ppl got "hacked" , is not an hack idex is involved in this shit for sure, 1.5m cap exchange fuck off , i totally deserve it because i am smarter than this, but man, this shit exchange is involved inthis shit for sure, NEVER GOT HACKED IN 4 YEARS , 2 weeks of idex, hack, strange? 300,000 $ linked to the scammer, all coming from idex.. strange?? IDEX SCAM
0x5e578a71736308594b98e980e32b5554b2bb4150

[...]

DO NOT USE IDEX there is a bug that records the private key entry allowing sniffing through sslstrip while loading happens , plus the private key it can be retrieved through cookies forensics as well

Anyone got any news?
Idex telegram is unoperative.

I had the same problem 4 days ago , and they don´t do nothing. Identique modo operanti. I think is the same exchange who do that. In my case only 1000$. If you know a solution send me message. The tokens are now in the address with a value of 30.000.000 $.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 05:36:26 AM

Bump! recently many of my friends got same issue, their token stolen after using idex. Anyone have more info please explain here

There are many people who have a very bad experience with the IDEX but it is because maybe they made some mistakes. At the same time, there are many people who are very happy with the IDEX exchange because of their support system very active when we face any problem.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: