Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:52:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Bitcoin for You  (Read 1981 times)
Mr. Piglet (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:33:13 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2013, 06:41:14 AM by Mr. Piglet

Well I came here under the rumor I would be able to trade, only to find I had to have 5 posts in some newbies area I didn't really have anything to contribute nor comment about bitcoins.

Although I'm aware its made to deter trolls, I'm sure its pretty much pissing off newcomers to be forced to post some stuff on topics they don't want to.

But let it be known that Mr. Piglet approves of this and also likes senseless stuff and random topics.

So, as a token of good will to respect this tradition of annoying newcomers, especially those reading this, I'll donate 1 BTC to the first NOT NEWCOMER (200+ posts) member to reply in this thread with some finely pointless topic suggestion to get me started on some conversation or rant of some sort in which they could possibly participate further.

(1 BTC as a Mtgox redeemable code, for extra fast transer. I'll PM it tomorrow when I wake up. Past 4 a.m., my writing usually starts getting fancy.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:34:50 AM

please post a topic about how the rise of bitcoin gambling is adversely affecting the powdered-milk industry.
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:10:34 AM

Crap I dont have 200 posts...

...I do second the idea of an article about the powdered milk industry though. Will certinaly put you in high ground around here Wink
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:16:15 AM

Besides posting you need to stay here for 5 hours. I suggest the topic: why do you need to be at the forum if you just want to trade?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:23:35 AM

If you want real fun ask about SolidCoin lol
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:55:00 AM

go rant about:
the price.
the newbie area.
alternate cryptocurrencies.

or... contact a mod, and get whitelisted.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
globeadue

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 07:48:37 PM

How about protesting against girl scouts until they offer a bitcoin merit badge.
giarc

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 11:43:45 PM

Its a bit stupid, all im interested in is commenting on the economics part. Maybe a little in speculation.

If anything I've said is vaguely useful feel free to show your appreciation
btc: 1MfMjYXnHkGyRSE9f14XJsmxruuiVreEDh
bte: 8dH3WNre8DPyuj3oCFFNetTtVMXygs59t8
odysseus654

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:58:20 AM

Well, there's a fair number of conversations in here, why not throw something random out and after a little while you'll be posting in the shouting match elsewhere in the forums...
Mr. Piglet (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:28:25 AM

Today, our public's topic chosen came from payb.tc

Mr. payb.tc is asking how Bitcoin gambling is adversely impacting the powdered milk industry.

Well, well, well, payb.tc did raise an interesting question and has of course been sent 1BTC for the day's most interesting topic.

We have invited a guest, which has a doctorate in tautology, Doctor Ferrell!

"It's Farwell"

Whatever! *grins*

So, Mr. Farwell what can you say about the powdered milk industry?

"Well Mr. Piglet, powdered milk is an interesting product. It's pretty much milk in the form of powder. So by drying milk, you get powder milk since dry milk is not liquid. In itself its a pretty nasty stuff... Dried milk is pretty dry. I guess it can be used in dry fo..."

Interesting! What would be your opinion about Bitcoin gambling?

"Uh? Oh, ehrm... Bitcoin gambling can relate to general gambling, kind of. Hmm, gambling is often an addiction, yes? So I believe Bitcoin gambling can often be an addiction. Addictions can be quite destructive for an individual. So Bitcoin gambling can become quite bad for anyone. People with addictions can tend to develop more addictions to other things. People with addictions are quite negatively impacted by addictions, which often promote more addictions in an attempt to correct negative effects of other addictions. So addictions can lead to gambling addictions... And Bitcoin gambling is a form of gambling... If you get what I'm saying. Because Bitcoins gambling can be an addiction and..."

Well what an interesting exposé! Thank you for your time! We were glad to have you here with us.

"Grmph... 'been my pleasure."

*Guest leaves*

Coming back on topic, one of our analyzers already came to conclusions that since powdered milk is such a nasty stuff, police dogs can't stand sniffing it because of it's dryness, so it must the only desirable effect to it. Thus Silk Road sellers must be using powdered milk to mail cocaine around and avoid detection. Cocaine addicts buying on silk road would presumably always look for more drug money and started bitcoin gambling, but they can't win more than they lose overall. This is impacting the demand for powdered milk seriously as cocaine addicts can't afford more shipments. Fortunately for the powdered milk industry, with current inflation and loss of value of bitcoins, cocaine addicts on Silk Road can now afford more bitcoins and if the sellers stay at the same prices as before, cocaine sellers might be able to do business as usual and stock up on bitcoins for the future to come where they might raise in value. Thus the powdered milk industry might come out of this with less damage than previously thought if cocaine sellers can keep up with the need for this fine smuggling tool.

This was Mr. Piglet for Fox News.

*Security enters*

"Catch that son of a swine!"

*Mr. Piglet hurries out of the studio*

------------------------------
Moral of the story: It's always much easier to make stuff up and "opinionate" on a few meaningless facts and blowing it out of proportions than researching it and only stating facts. Fortunately, it's also much easier to just believe than actually question it.

Alternate moral: Making stuff up is fun.

Alternate alternate moral: Breaking into news outlets can bring interesting topics to TV.
lonestar108

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:13:21 AM

If you want real fun ask about SolidCoin lol

Wow I am a newbie. This is the first I've heard of SolidCoin.
Mr. Piglet (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 03:53:45 PM

Just like Namecoins, Ixcoin or Litecoin and tons more branches?

Pretty much anyone can start their own Bitcoin equivalent. Bitcoin just was there first and imposed itself.
kiyote

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:01:29 PM

Just like Namecoins, Ixcoin or Litecoin and tons more branches?

Pretty much anyone can start their own Bitcoin equivalent. Bitcoin just was there first and imposed itself.

Pretty much how all real-world currency works now, but new currencies can overtake the old if the new currency fixes some stopping point, or adds a new feature.  Take a look at what the Euro did to Europe's economics (or would of done if it wasn't for that gosh-darned Greece and Ireland Wink  If in a couple of years and shortcomings of bitcoins becomes noticeable/unbearable, there will be another currency to take it's place. 
mr chong

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 05:56:32 PM

Well said and the internet makes it easier then ever for someone to start new e currency.
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 07:21:40 PM

You paid 1btc for a pointless topic to write a weird screenplay about using bad grammar.
Odd.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
tinman951

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:27:34 AM

Give me some bitcoin.  I run at 150 mhash/s and am not earning much at all. It's disappointing to mine and get hardly anything back.
18b94MMTWd7bWaUWcq7VHmizgswP2dK6fM

Free micro bitcoins: http://www.bitvisitor.com/?ref=1DFw1VncjVhqdg6GWoQ6Qtc5ncR5RHXxfP
Donate BTC: 18b94MMTWd7bWaUWcq7VHmizgswP2dK6fM
payb.tc

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:29:40 AM

Give me some bitcoin.  I run at 150 mhash/s and am not earning much at all. It's disappointing to mine and get hardly anything back.

stop mining.
tinman951

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:30:32 AM

stop mining.

Well I have now because it costs me the same amount in electricity.

Free micro bitcoins: http://www.bitvisitor.com/?ref=1DFw1VncjVhqdg6GWoQ6Qtc5ncR5RHXxfP
Donate BTC: 18b94MMTWd7bWaUWcq7VHmizgswP2dK6fM
Mr. Piglet (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:36:39 AM

You paid 1btc for a pointless topic to write a weird screenplay about using bad grammar.
Odd.

Why? I don't really have anything to ask so the newbies forum is a bit pointless to me. Either that or I'd do some even more pointless one liner replies or fake asking questions I didn't really need to ask. =/

Don't people do giveaway/contests/games threads in off-topic forums here? I needed a thread started. I just got served an incredibly hard topic. Seems it worked anyway, I got a thread going.

And about using bad grammar? O.o  Surely it isn't that bad. Although I didn't really reread myself. I rarely do, unfortunatly >.>

Edit @ tin: Nooo! Don't hijack this fine thread with beeeggiiiiiinnng! Also there's way too many mining rigs that we're bought when bitcoins were worth more still mining. Mining doesn't sound attractive at all right now.
payb.tc

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:56:00 AM

Give me some bitcoin.  I run at 150 mhash/s and am not earning much at all. It's disappointing to mine and get hardly anything back.

stop mining.

Well I have now because it costs me the same amount in electricity.

thank you.

everyone else stop mining too, please. the difficulty is still higher than i'd prefer.

piglet, sorry to hijack your powdered milk thread... and thanks for the bit buck.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: