Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine Bitcoin with your TV!  (Read 1783 times)
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:53:54 AM

Kinda cool isn't it? This company will make it happen: https://cryptocoin.news/videos/bitcoin-this-week-bithumb-suspends-new-accounts-crypto-tv-will-mine-while-you-watch-and-more-18667/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blackbold

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:59:48 AM

does this mean that the coins/tokens we get are rewards because we have used their services? if you say that is a mining, i don't think so. mining needs so much equipments like reliable graphics card
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:42:24 AM

The TV will actually have mining equipment installed. It's quite impressive what they're trying to accomplish, although not sure how much your electrical bill will go up with this :p
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:45:59 AM

The TV will actually have mining equipment installed. It's quite impressive what they're trying to accomplish, although not sure how much your electrical bill will go up with this :p
You are absolutely correct. It is good to mine in a much wider screen. It is also a good feeling using new way in mining. It is really an impressive invention. But as to how much electric bill to be paid, it will be soon to be tested.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
SweetSin

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

I just hope that they can minimize the power consumption. The hash rate looks good and the overall hashrate of bitcoin mining is increasing already. With only 4 million bitcoins left to mine I guess almost crypto enthusiast would like to join the race. With other household products to be launched with mining equipment, only time will tell how good they perform.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:44:22 AM

I just watched the video and yes they will do this.

If its dedicated to mine bitcoin how long will the TV stay. We know that televisions aren't created that way and it won't lasts like the older TV sets.

Well for the electricity bill...  Undecided

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
deerlion

Activity: 106
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:48:56 AM

doesn't seem like mining is even worth it these days.  Even with free electricity you barely make any profit./
davis196

Activity: 2926
Merit: 901

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:52:43 AM

Watching TV is a waste of time.Rich people read books,poor people watch TV.
Rich people have big libraries,poor people have big TVs. Grin
Perhaps it would be possible to mine some altcoins with this technology.I really doubt that it will possible to mine btc.By the way,this thread should be moved to some other sub-forum,maybe the "Mining" sub-forum.

Mrconnect

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:57:46 AM

I don't know how this is going to work. I'm sure if this works, your electricity bill will skyrocket. Ordinarily mining costs a lot in terms of electricity, plus you need sophisticated types of equipment for mining. So while I'm in doubt about the feasibility of mining with your TV, I think if it works, it wont be sustainable. My opinion though.
Lionheart001

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:58:34 AM

Absolutely waste of energy and resources. It's not profitable mining Bitcoin again. Maybe mining other Altcoins maybe be feasible. But BTC, it is a no no. Good thinking anyways.
yhendri

Activity: 178

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

I think that is not power and cost efficient. The screen Will draw power, so the wattage Will higher than regular bitcoin miner.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:01:47 PM

What should be the reason to have an ASIC built into a TV ?

If you are only watching a few hours TV per day and aren't running your hardware 24/7 you are wasting possible income.
If you are running it 24/7 you are wasting electricity since you can't be watching TV the whole day & night.

Additionally the ASIC has to be cooled. Thats way too loud to enjoy watching TV.

We have TVs and we have ASICs. But i really don't see a single reason to combine them. Thats most probably just a money grab.

drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:07:30 PM

I doubt this will be worth your while, it sounds pretty cool though, but if someone wants to really mine and make a profit he'll have asics.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:07:46 PM

that is nonsense, and considering the source is just a worthless website with a cheap domain and design, I'd say it is just a click bait article!
for mining anything you need a strong processing unit (CPU, GPU, ASICs in order of their power) and the processors used in a television set is the minimum thing that you can find because they are not supposed to do anything big! it is your TV, it is doing some very basic things, probably your phone is much stronger than your TV! and mining anything (not just bitcoin) is a competitive thing, the hashrate that weak ass processor would generate is nothing in comparison.

Only Bitcoin
Binugon

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:27:44 PM

Only by watching TV will we get bitcoin? Is it possible? In my opinion, it is better that TV is reporting various information related to Bitcoin such as prices, markets, trade, trusted sites, advertisements about bitcoin and so on, in my opinion that is more useful.
fokinflor

Activity: 116
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:31:19 PM

That's quite Innovative but your TV might not do the actual processing like the other hardware miners and GPU's which might result in a much less profits and keep in mind, your electricity is the key here, If that's going to spike up high then you're going to run into a loss.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:34:42 PM

I love watching TV, Well if this could really work that way you can sure open your TV 24 seven but I really think it will just consume a small amount of hash that is why it will never compete with a good miner that has greater hash rates, But still it can mine you Cryptocurrency while you are just watching it still used your electricity and internet if your TV is connected to one, I think there is other articles that I have red on the forum about other appliances mining crypto while you are using it, I really think other than TV just a small move on the house and using your other appliances can gain you decent amount of cryptocurrency that will be great than TV alone.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:57:00 PM

First of all, fuck these website that have videos play automatically when you're just trying to read an article.

According to cryptocompare.com, a machine with a hashing power of 2.8 trillion hashes per second could mine BTC 0.04319 (USD 331 at current prices) per year. However, the report did not specify power consumption numbers.
Source: https://cryptonews.com/news/your-tv-set-may-become-a-mining-rig-2374.htm

LOL, so with this TV, you would be able to mine 0.043 BTC per year, I'm willing to bet that you would indeed spend more on power.
Okay, you might be able to make a small profit, depending on your electricity prices, but this just doesn't seem sorth it.

hasimkamal

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:01:28 PM

It is literally a great invention. Mining in a bigger screen will add a new dimention in the bitcoin mining. But we have to see how much efficient it is.
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:15:55 PM

mining requires a much higher cpu in computers and using tv as monitor for cpu minings is a great gear.This may result for a much sufficient and convienient enough for miners to monitor their minings.It should be comprised a much higher gpu for mining and a well ventilated cpu that makes a mining of bitcoin well job done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: