Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:47:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we actually need the Blockchain for society (especially poor ones) to thrive?  (Read 105 times)
Soheil Nasseri (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:21:28 AM

Financial institutions, governments and other big corporations are figuring out ways to stay on top of their power. They definitely don't like the idea of decentralized databases where everyone's transactions are recorded and viewed in one single ledger. However, we also know that because of these problems that blockchain has in scaling, security, etc, people are skeptic about the success of this new technology.

But, like any other technologies, there will always be doubts. I am not talking about blockchain exclusively, but talking about combining blockchain with other emerging technologies such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Artificial Intelligence. We are already seeing this new technologies combined together to shift the society as a whole.

Remember the internet? Cliff Stoll, the famous columnist announced that internet will fail, as many other famous people do. Not just the internet, but other technologies in the past were also frowned upon by people until they figure out how much it changes everyone's lives. Definitely, it is hard and takes a long time to adopt the technology. But, even corporations and governments are trying to get a hold of the piece (blockchain, machine learning, AI) through massive research and using customer data, so that they couldn't lose their power to control the masses again.

I gained these insights from the articles down below. I figured they are worth reading on how mindful we should be when we read these articles. I find it is important to have an open mind, yet critical thinking while reading through all these articles. Otherwise, it may subconsciously made biases to our own thoughts.

https://talentsnap.co/2018/08/13/you-dont-need-blockchain/
https://www.newsweek.com/clifford-stoll-why-web-wont-be-nirvana-185306

Do you guys think that blockchain will be as successful as the internet? I am really curious on what you guys have to say about how blockchain will end up in the next 2-5 years.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CrazyBTC7800

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:55:47 AM

Yes we do need the blockchain technology in this market. This has helped the market and has kept a record of the ledger as well.
RehitUpon

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:03:21 PM

Blockchain is actually important and corporations and government cannot but accept it. Yes, there will always be people who are against it but blockchain will actually make so many works easy and fast. Just like we are seeing the cryptos making cross border transactions fast and easy. Also we are able to access the data anywhere and anytime while maintaining anonymity.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 06:36:13 PM

Firstly i think you need to get your priorities right and be confident too.
Blockchain development is for the society, the rich and also the poor.

It is basically for everyone to thrive too.
So under every circumstances, you need to always get firsthand information and make the right choices too.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:40:37 AM

In my opinion The most transparent and inexpensive eay to record transactions is blockchain. In future it’ll help peoples and governments too in various blockchain based projects.
samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:08:52 PM

Nice Article mate that you presented here and I also went to those links to read those out. They really worth reading and I would say that blockchain will improve humanitarian assistance thus help our society.
RetiredPlanBTC

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:38:33 PM

Yes I think its very essential for the society. It’s a decentralize technology here every transaction recorded in a single ledger. Investor have the right to see the whole transaction process. I think it’s a amazing technology.
TupMan007

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:45:36 PM

I assume that its very important in todays world. People now like to transfer currecy in digital platform because it is safest. So I think blockchain technology play vital role in this  world. So this technology is very essential.
BitCoinGuy10

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:48:40 AM

Blockchain system deals with the listing of blocks. Blockchain technology is required for the liquidity and transparency. With each passing day, blockchain technology is blooming and opening a new aspect of utilisation.
bighok353

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:53:40 AM

Blockchain technology hinders the development of the rich, but for the more ordinary people, this is actually a good thing. Make the world more fair and open. It seems to me to be needed.
blackrain321

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:48:16 PM

Yes, we do need the blockchain to thrive in the market. The blockchain technology is the greatest thing that has ever happened in this market.
averykyle

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:20:19 AM

We know the power that blockchain can bring to any industry and decentralizing data, which is far too centralized and if things continue in this direction we'll surely regret allowing huge private conglomerates to have the lion share of our personal information.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:42:30 AM

The thing about blockchain is that it provides a level playing field, one that anyone with access to the internet can get to. Also it makes for better distribution of wealth as everyone has the chance to earn a lot with cryptos as long as they are smart with it. So yes, I believe that we actually need blockchain for society and for the poor to thrive.
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:10:13 AM

Of course we need blocking technology as it will help to destroy corruption and earn poor people. I hope soon it will become more common.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: