Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:26:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Answered and sorted, Thanks  (Read 991 times)
Bloggs (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 12:16:19 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2011, 03:30:33 PM by Bloggs

Let me start off by saying how awsome I think this all is.

Secondly I would like to thank all of the users here as well, since whenever someone asks a question there always seems to be people happy to answer. I for one love that about this site.

And thirdly, please help me. Seriously I am so confused! I've spent ages searching for a noobie guide on how to get set up and such, but I'm having a really hard time!

I've downloaded and installed the clinic thing. Its now generating things. Please forgive me and my usage of 'thing'. Seems to be my word of the day.
8 connections and its grabing blocks. I saw in a link threes like 114k blocks or something so Im guessing it climbing to that goal.
I understad how to transfer, got my address thingie, 17ASnmADV55ywezN5TjTa4uzEHCpqbJBZN and got the 0.05 freebies thingies too XD

Now this is where I get lost. Mining.
I've read through guides and such and all the command thingie but I really can't get my head round it.

This server bitcoind thing and stuff and something about a libary and .comf and Z'OMG IM FREAKING OUT!!
I tried following a guide word for word and failed.  
Is there any way you can set up the mining part without having to do the command stuff?

I've got to the point where I've copied my libary into the folder with the bitcoind thingie in there so it opens and it just says I need to create a password .conf thingie in my roaming which I've done and its still coming up with the same message....that little black box....I hate it so much!

If there has been an answer for this please forgive me, but I've been searching for ages and I always seem to end up on the same guide which is full of 'use this line here to get to this directory and more gargon'

If anyone could please help me or link me to a more idiotproof user friendly guide I would be very very thankful.

Using Windows 7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 12:29:30 PM

> been searching ages he says

> Front page -> Help -> Getting started

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getting_started
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 12:30:33 PM

There’s a Mining GUI that should work perfectly for you.
Bloggs (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 12:37:07 PM

> been searching ages he says

> Front page -> Help -> Getting started

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getting_started
There’s a Mining GUI that should work perfectly for you.

Yeah I feel sriousy stupid now. No idea how I missed that....

Thanks for your replys! Sorry for asking such a stupid question but thanks for your understanding XD
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 01:18:33 AM

That's awesome, I had no idea a GUI existed!

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: