Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:04:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO collects $1.5million in 50 hours?  (Read 678 times)
Privatoria

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:56:22 PM

If project is reliable enough and has good potential to grow, it is normal to have such a result and even better. I don’t know real situation about the project ORCA. But it seems to be reliable enough to have such a result.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:58:58 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 04:14:50 PM by Inkdatar

If project is reliable enough and has good potential to grow, it is normal to have such a result and even better. I don’t know real situation about the project ORCA. But it seems to be reliable enough to have such a result.
Yes good to invest if we think project could perform well. Even it collects huge of money it is not certain that the whole process will be successful. They collect good of amount of money so if decided to invest search first the whole project.
Blackpanther399

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:25:38 PM

Wow, raising 1 and a half million in 50 hours is massive. This shows that the project has enough  hype and this also shows that the project has good marketing team as well.
teeshe

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 05:07:39 PM

I've been looking into ICOs recently and I noticed that ORCA raised 1.5 million dollars in 50 hours during the ICO's first round. Is this typical in the current market state? What does it say about the project?

A project raising 1.5 million USD in %0 hours is not a big deal. However, considering the fact that the current market outlook is very bearish, then it is a very good thing for the project as many projects are unable to pull that magic in this current market condition.
MEMEX

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:31:41 PM

I've been looking into ICOs recently and I noticed that ORCA raised 1.5 million dollars in 50 hours during the ICO's first round. Is this typical in the current market state? What does it say about the project?

It could be because the project is really good, or the bonus given is big enough for the initial investor. But maybe 50 hours will not be a reference for making conclusions, because I also saw other ico having almost the same start, and having difficulty getting a raise the following week.
ategun01

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:48:37 PM

This could be for a lot of reasons and may not necessarily mean it is a good project.
Reasons can be, hype, bonuses, institutional investors getting in in large amounts and many more reasons.
I remember project Shivom sold out from its Presale and less than 3 months since exchange listing it is at 0.04x that is very bad and there are no guarantees in the crypto space.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:58:55 PM

That is actually quite impressive to be honest. They probably did a very good job in convincing people to believe in their project and have promoted themselves in quite a good way which actually attracted a good number of investors. Not sure what the project is about, but should be something interesting. Might head over to their ANN thread and see what is it all about.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
princebridge7

Activity: 177

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:30:00 PM

if you tell me another topic, I beg you to specify reference link to see the object being told.
so that all of them know what's right and what's wrong.

if like this without a link then I can't comment on anything.
oliverlogann

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:58:57 AM

That is actually quite impressive to be honest. They probably did a very good job in convincing people to believe in their project and have promoted themselves in quite a good way which actually attracted a good number of investors. Not sure what the project is about, but should be something interesting. Might head over to their ANN thread and see what is it all about.

they are creating platform that will merge crypto and fiat accounts into one dashboard, at least i always get lost between the accounts, too hard to keep up with all of them. actually looked into this project after this post, thanks for sharing, would have missed it
Elon_Mask_3 (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:02:43 AM

if you tell me another topic, I beg you to specify reference link to see the object being told.
so that all of them know what's right and what's wrong.

if like this without a link then I can't comment on anything.

You mean I should put a link in the original post of this topic?
tomaskelley

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:17:03 AM

It could be because the project is really good, or the bonus given is big enough for the initial investor. But maybe 50 hours will not be a reference for making conclusions, because I also saw other ico having almost the same start, and having difficulty getting a raise the following week.

isn't actual research needed for every investment? i still think it catches attention and people actually look into the project after this. if it's promising, it's promising
Elon_Mask_3 (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:23:37 AM

isn't actual research needed for every investment? i still think it catches attention and people actually look into the project after this. if it's promising, it's promising

You'd be surprised how many people invest purely based on hype... That's where all the scammers are lurking.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:26:00 AM

This is nothing extra ordinary, there are ICOs who has raised a lot more in lot less time.
It all depends on the hype around the project, how long it has been marketing, if and how long is the whitelist.
Sindicatout

Activity: 504
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:28:43 AM

This may indicate that investors are very interested in this project or that some one large investor has invested so much money. This is a good chance to follow them and an opportunity to earn money

tomaskelley

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:30:20 AM

You'd be surprised how many people invest purely based on hype... That's where all the scammers are lurking.

could you even be called an investor if you don't research before jumping on the bandwagon
Betaa

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:37:23 AM

has the news been proven correct? if proven, surely the project has a huge chance of success. but if it hasn't been proven, maybe the news is only to attract investors to invest in the project.
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:54:46 AM

has the news been proven correct? if proven, surely the project has a huge chance of success. but if it hasn't been proven, maybe the news is only to attract investors to invest in the project.

But how can you check that  such news are correct? No one will tell you truth: successfull is the project or not really. Consequently, investors will see the value and amount of distribution of tokens only after the end of ICO when tokens will be accessible in exchanges.
renemagritte

Activity: 235
Merit: 40

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:01:42 PM

I don't think that's a success. I've seen icos collected 10+ million dollars in seconds. Yes. But yes that was in bull market.

However, 1.5 million isn't much for a company, for an ico, and 50 hours is a lot in crypto space. (Even if they gave guaranteed cap for 24 hours etc.)

Also lots of crappy projects fulfilled their hardcap in minutes-hours, then dumped hard. So please don't judge the ico by their speed of raising money. (But It may say something about the hype though.)
rippar

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:10:11 PM

What is wondered you? There were a lot of projects like Bancor, which collected over 100mln$ in less that 20 minutes... So it is very easy for project to collect 1,5 mln in 50 hours.
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:12:43 PM

I don't think that's a success. I've seen icos collected 10+ million dollars in seconds. Yes. But yes that was in bull market.

However, 1.5 million isn't much for a company, for an ico, and 50 hours is a lot in crypto space. (Even if they gave guaranteed cap for 24 hours etc.)

Also lots of crappy projects fulfilled their hardcap in minutes-hours, then dumped hard. So please don't judge the ico by their speed of raising money. (But It may say something about the hype though.)
Which ICO can collect 10 million $ in seconds?
It lies in your imagination?
With the current market, 1.5 million $ in a few hours is an early success with that ICO.
That ICO will probably succeed because it attracts the community

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀