Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO collects $1.5million in 50 hours?  (Read 680 times)
oliverlogann

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:32:46 PM

What is wondered you? There were a lot of projects like Bancor, which collected over 100mln$ in less that 20 minutes... So it is very easy for project to collect 1,5 mln in 50 hours.

wouldn't say so it today's market.. a year ago sure, now? not really
polymerbatt

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:34:19 PM

I've been looking into ICOs recently and I noticed that ORCA raised 1.5 million dollars in 50 hours during the ICO's first round. Is this typical in the current market state? What does it say about the project?
It's normal for me, do you even see an ICO can collect 5-20 million dollars in 1 minute? I saw some, there is an ICO that can raised that much only from presale. If the project is really good and so much hype, the ICO results can do that. So i'm not surprised with that $1.5m in 50 hours.
betty12

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:41:43 PM

This is fantastic. I have heard of some states wherein the project team will massively buy their ICO to HYIPing the project. Although am not concluding this project did same, it's just a general submission. Reviewing projects is very important.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:48:44 PM

I don't have any idea about the project. But for me collecting that much money in that time frame mean nothing neither negative nor positive.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:52:27 PM

I always seen this kind of information mate, but in the end, it lacks of prove. Yes somebody says it, and when the time of seeing evidence, they gone. They are doing that is because they want to smell good their ico so that many of investors will came to them and buy also.
takose46

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:54:08 PM

I've been looking into ICOs recently and I noticed that ORCA raised 1.5 million dollars in 50 hours during the ICO's first round. Is this typical in the current market state? What does it say about the project?

I also know about this project, but you checked their wallet ? This is real or only just the fomo for thier project ?

really that is quite impressive but when it will go on exchange what will happen i always think about it...

If this is real then I think when ORCA listed on exchange, price will big pump.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
Victorik

Activity: 994
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:59:18 PM

This is quite impressive of the project performance. I hope this will translate to a good market performance when they finally hit exchange. I will study the project and see what they are into. ICOs are still doing well and people are willing to invest. They just want to be sure they won't be scam.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
Elon_Mask_3 (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:05:20 PM

This is quite impressive of the project performance. I hope this will translate to a good market performance when they finally hit exchange. I will study the project and see what they are into. ICOs are still doing well and people are willing to invest. They just want to be sure they won't be scam.

When you do, please let me know! I'm not a big crypto expert myself, I'd love to hear some more experienced opinions on this before investing.
trobbert

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

It seems to me that 1.5 mln is no more than PR. I assume there is 1-3 large investors mada an agrement with ICO to invest and that's it.
Such fast collections will attract more smallinvestors on crowd sale
drmasa

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

If this project is really good, than 1.5 million USD is nothing! Look what happened to TheKey when they started the ICO sale - website has crashed due to many investors Cheesy.

I remember TKY fomo, it was unbelievable, but it was also a very different time! Now you have awesome project like NTOK that couldnt reach 1m in more than 6 months! So when I see something like this I would consider that they are most likely manipulating with the numbers!
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:14:32 PM

This kind of figure is a nice indication of good project sometimes. But don't also forget that could falsify figures a times just to create more hype around their project and lure more people to invest.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:41:56 PM

I have seen this kind of post in many a days as here used to be very scary posts like market is gonna crash n all,but this has made me believe in cryptocurrency again as watching the market loosing money each and every day can make anyone sick of it and same was the case with me too and now watching that there are people that are doing a lot of hard work even now is very joyful and I will again try hard to earn more and indulge more in Crypto.
tomaskelley

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:28:35 PM

I have seen this kind of post in many a days as here used to be very scary posts like market is gonna crash n all,but this has made me believe in cryptocurrency again as watching the market loosing money each and every day can make anyone sick of it and same was the case with me too and now watching that there are people that are doing a lot of hard work even now is very joyful and I will again try hard to earn more and indulge more in Crypto.

the market is coming back to normal in a month or even quicker
oliverlogann

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:01:20 AM

the market is coming back to normal in a month or even quicker

positivism, i see.. either way, it is a good time to invest in long term projects
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:06:21 AM

It is possible it's a project a lot of smart and big time investors believe in the future, for them to have garnered such a huge interest in a very short time.
It is not unusual anyway as we have seen projects like this several times and are usually projects with working product and a huge prospect and not just some promises from a team. Also, because the market is generally taking a huge hit does not mean people will stop believing and investing in projects for the long term.
Elon_Mask_3 (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:31:43 AM

It is possible it's a project a lot of smart and big time investors believe in the future, for them to have garnered such a huge interest in a very short time.
It is not unusual anyway as we have seen projects like this several times and are usually projects with working product and a huge prospect and not just some promises from a team. Also, because the market is generally taking a huge hit does not mean people will stop believing and investing in projects for the long term.

So do you think such project might still flop or is it a guarantee of some future success more or less?
Trail22

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:40:36 AM

even though ico has a good promotion but many of ico don't have many investors, in my opinion that doesn't guarantee. I don't think that's all right.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:00:47 AM

So do you think such project might still flop or is it a guarantee of some future success more or less?
Nothing is ever a guarantee and you can never judge to invest in a project just because it raised certain amount in a shortwhile; at least I have seen projects that lied on the amount raised just to use it as a marketing strategy to attract investors and that is highly unethical as far as I am concerned.

What is important is for you to do your own due diligence and see if there is a prospect based on the following;
- the team, their past achievements and the readiness to keep bringing further development.
- the availability of a product and how this product will make impact which is what would drive in demand in the first place.
- the main idea, the team's vision and the roadmap.

These are the things that will give you an idea if it would be a project worth investing or not. Nevertheless, you should understand that every investment is a risk and you cannot ascertain what the future holds for any project. The only thing all these I mentioned above will do is to minimize the whole risk and give you an upper hand in your decision making.
tomaskelley

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:40:12 AM

even though ico has a good promotion but many of ico don't have many investors, in my opinion that doesn't guarantee. I don't think that's all right.

there are no guarantees at all in the crypto world, you can only do your due diligence and have hope for the bright future, don't you think?
Coinguru888

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:42:29 AM

wow, that's really impressive, especially these days with this pretty low market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: