Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:53:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: random idea  (Read 3258 times)
daoneway (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:31:37 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 01:11:20 PM by daoneway

i know the possibilities with bitcoin protocol are endless so sometimes i just think about things you can do with encrypted decentralized nature, but i have no coding skills or whatever so im not sure if this is even possible, i guess youd just need damn good programmers for it.

what i was thinking about was:

basically a new coin the combines the functions of :

- Bitcoin
- Bitmessage
- p2p filesharing

uploader and seeder would basically be the same thing in terms of how much of this "file sharing coin" they would get.

miners would exist for the blockchain + and encrypting & securing the network so that people could anonymously seed an upload into the program.

+ is there something like decentralized ebay already, paying with BTC?

any thoughts? let me know, im interested if it would be possible to make uploader & seeder anonymous.

UPDATE 07.03.2015:      http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2y5jwk/could_bitcoin_be_theoretically_used_to_tip/cp6ly0a + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-0WJLpAenw

UPDATE 17.06.2015:   
http://www.joystream.co  i love you soooo much whoever you are sooo much                                               

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y
daoneway (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:35:58 AM

i think people would love to use this because nowdays everyone stops seeding immediatley after the download is finished because they get paranoid.

the network download rate would be so sick Cheesy

dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:07:53 PM

Sounds like a good idea, would certainly be intersted in something like this if it was every produced.

Think your point about people instantly stopping seeding is a very valid one.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:27:09 PM

I like this idea. Something like that should happen. I know I would use it. Glad you shared this with us. Lets see what others think about this.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:39:04 PM

i know the possibilities with bitcoin protocol are endless so sometimes i just think about things you can do with encrypted decentralized nature, but i have no coding skills or whatever so im not sure if this is even possible, i guess youd just need damn good programmers for it.

- Bitcoin
- Bitmessage
- p2p filesharing

uploader and seeder would basically be the same thing in terms of how much of this "file sharing coin" they would get.

miners would exist for the blockchain + and encrypting & securing the network so that people could anonymously seed an upload into the program.

any thoughts? let me know, im interested if it would be possible to make uploader & seeder anonymous.

It is already mostly developed - http://maidsafe.net/. Of course, anyone can develop it again.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
troiste

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:32:37 PM

- Bitcoin
- Bitmessage
- p2p filesharing

It is already mostly developed - http://maidsafe.net/. Of course, anyone can develop it again.

Smiley

What do you get in return? I don't see any coins on this maidsafe, or is there?
daoneway (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:23:30 AM

bump, i think someone should really do this. Would change everything for filesharing.

daoneway (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:14:04 AM

no? Sad

daoneway (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:15:07 AM

i would already seed all my record collection Cheesy

daoneway (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:49:06 PM

where are the brains?  Huh

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:53:53 PM

Seems like a positive idea to me. We need more uses for the blockchain, clearly the average joe doesn't give a fuck about using bitcoin as a currency.
BanditryAndLoot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:59:39 PM

Sounds like some pieces to this have surfaced since you thought about this.

I think darknote is working on something like bitmessage/similar to it.

There have been some attempts at building a network based on HDD storage since feb as well.

Combining them would be pretty neat, but storage space and bandwidth are both expensive and generally limitations outside of the protocol. Mostly because for the file sharing, you'd basically have to account for the fact that nodes come on and off the network all of the time, so the files would also come and go with them.

I would imagine if these people could be compensated in some way using the network, then they would gladly keep their node online at all times. This would likely tend toward centralization and easy data monitoring of some sort.

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
MrBig

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:00:33 PM

- Bitcoin
- Bitmessage
- p2p filesharing

Smiley

What do you get in return? I don't see any coins on this maidsafe, or is there?

Maidsafecoin has been trading on a few websites already: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_maid

Testnet 2 was just released the other day and they are getting ready to actually test some apps now on the safe network. It's supposed to be much more powerful than what the OP is asking about; basically a decentralized internet that rewards users for sharing resources on the network. So you can have apps for file sharing, email, messaging, video conferencing, game servers, etc.
daoneway (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:34:39 AM

im glad people are working on this.

#bumpforthebrains

daoneway (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:11:38 AM

# bump     getting serious!

krigger

Activity: 518

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 10:43:51 AM

Yes, that would be awesome.
Blasting speed. Fast transactions coin.
And if you have fast net and fast hard drive (SSD) that would be a real pleasure to use.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
daoneway (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:39:56 PM

Yes, that would be awesome.
Blasting speed. Fast transactions coin.
And if you have fast net and fast hard drive (SSD) that would be a real pleasure to use.

daoneway (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:20:40 PM

i really really think that things like popcorntime.io would work peerfect with this... this seems to me the ultimate thing please do it i send you all my BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:49:27 PM

As I write this, Nxt has:

Encrypted messaging
Torrent/file sharing app (working title
Decentralized ebay (nxtfreemarket)
Decentralized DNS (hyperboria)

Was there anything else you needed for your project? There are a lot of friendly devs on nxtforum.org who might help you, if they like your idea
daoneway (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:11:56 PM

http://www.joystream.co

This is what i was looking for. I love you man. I.Love.You

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: