Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:42:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL'ers sold 30BN$ of Bitcoin causing the crash  (Read 430 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:47:59 AM

perhaps. but I'm doing hold all the time while I'm participating in this market and I made a very good start on it

Why not burn your money or use them as toiletpaper - it will be useful that way than blowing them on doomed cryptocoins
BartholomewBTC

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:41:11 PM

There isn’t much to panic though. If the hodlers are selling then that means there will be new hodlers emerging the market. Also the whales constantly manipulates the market. we’ll see a price jump anytime now. These types of news only creates FUD in the market. I believe in bitcoin and I’m optimistic that it will do way better in future.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:16:10 PM

Everyone in here seems to think that the crash is due to newbies panicking. Reality when you look at the hard data is that it is the HODL'ers who are selling and crashing the market.

Don't believe it? Check out the analysis for yourself:

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2018/06/12/bitcoin-price-decline-2018-caused-hodlers-30b-sell-off-says-chainalysis-report/

When HODL'ers say "HODL HODL" they are either lying while they are selling. Or if you are truly HODL'ing then you simply being scammed by the other other HODL'ers who are busy selling to you.....

I am sure not all HODL'ers are thinking the same way. Selling off a percentage of the holding and selling off the entire holing are two different events. While booking a certain percebtage of profit is a normal occurrence, selling off entire holding is not. The analysis doesn't show any such possibility.

The truth is that market is bleeding and people are showing mixed reactions. But a true believer will never sell of their entire holding unless there is an emergency. We need our trust to bitcoin and focus more on spending it like a currency instead of just holding it if we want to see a better future for cryptos.

mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:21:10 PM

Holders are holding crypto coins to not lose their capital. They held to make a higher reward, but we get opposite! Nothing to do here, but I think a lot of holders sold their coins to trade again. Only keep holding doesn't make any sense at this moment. I Was a holder, my friends always told me to sell and make hand cash for the future, I did not listen to them. Now I am regretting. So, i sold my coins and become a regular trader. Only traders and sellers are happy now. Holders are bleeding every day. So, this news could be real, but the amount might be lower than 30BN$
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1263

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:32:33 PM

personally, i dont care about market bull and bear, i always believe cryptocurrency especially bitcoin will be the future currency, so whenever the price up or down, i will still hodling it, its already 19months since ive buy and hold my btc

I can relate to this, i mainly hold and have been since I started. I have sold also but
a small portion. I dont get too bothered about these games played by the traders.
I believe in the future of bitcoin not in the here and now of the current trend.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
CryptoRaymond

Activity: 142
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:51:43 AM

Maybe it can be a reason but then again many will take the chance now and buy bitcoin then again it will effect the market. Bull or bearish dont matter anymore I think, Potential investors are still holding their BTC because it is the future.
StringFire

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

Well, holding is not good always. There are whales who dumps the price at a very ridiculous value. Also the HODL’ers are selling their coins constantly. Beginners are becoming the victim of this cheap selling!
StringFire

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

Holding is bad when the whales seriously dump and they dump at a ridiculous price which leads to crash. Beginners are always the victims of price dropping. Because they panic always and becomes the victim of this cheap selling. Also HODL’ers are constantly selling their coins.
StringFire

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:26:36 PM

It has become so obvious to start nay project with blockhain ETH without which a few projects are seen nowadays. ETH is getting better and better over the time and with help of Blockchain it is getting higher price than before.
a2zC

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:32:40 PM

Well, holding is not bad but when the whales seriously dump and they dump at a ludicrous price which leads to crash! HODL’ers are constantly selling coins. Also beginners are always the victims of price falling in the market just because they panic always and becomes the victim of this cheap selling.
WhiteCrown57

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:14:57 PM

I won’t say it cannot be possible as recently people are always manipulated by fake news. So the panic and sell their Bitcoin because they don’t want to lose their money in such a short time.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:24:41 PM

It's highly possible, big whales come in and go out without even waiting or bothering about the price. That is what all about creating the demand and the  slowing down the demand, hence price rises or drops. This is nothing new to this kind of volatile market. We should be prepared for all instances and ensure that we get in at the rite time and move out once our targets are achieved. That's all I focus and move on.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
RaidNow

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:29:55 PM

Yes, I also agree with it. Many people have been telling they believe in HODL. On the other hand there are a lot of signal that whales or connections intentionally release maybe it continuously see the coins.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:32:10 PM

Shouldn't call them hodlers. They are big whales manipulating the market to earn big profits. They are always in the market. Hodlers are still hodling.
And hodlers are not supposed to always hodl. They should cash out their profit.
kamoto

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:37:38 PM

Yes ... and this is not the end. A lot of money will be deduced from bitcoin ... hence the price will fall very much. However, if you think so and imagine that there are people (the so-called "whales"), which is beneficial low cost bitcoin ... it becomes clear why the price of bitcoin has not been growing for so long ... whales do not invest, and other bitcoin holders withdraw money from system. Like everything is logical
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:40:38 PM

When HODL'ers say "HODL HODL" they are either lying while they are selling. Or if you are truly HODL'ing then you simply being scammed by the other other HODL'ers who are busy selling to you.....
I'm an HODLER and keep on holding though I'm saying those words I literally do it. I don't have a way to manipulate the market by just saying those words, I decided to focus on long term hodling so it doesn't matter to me if they are selling.

Those whales are just watching the market and happy to see people panic of selling like the way they do. This has been the situation mostly for inexperienced holders, when they see a quick dump, they don't know what to do but it urge them to sell immediately.

Lisedc

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:58:58 PM

from my side i consider bitcoin as a long time investment. and i hold the bitcoin for the future profit. HODL's selling their coin i think this is a rumor.
Actum

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:31:24 PM

i think this occurs because of some newbie. the got scared when the price fall down.
RehitUpon

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:00:46 PM

i don't believe this. this statement maybe for confused us. HODL's can not do this. I also hold my btc and i have full trust on btc.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:11:58 PM

Everyone in here seems to think that the crash is due to newbies panicking. Reality when you look at the hard data is that it is the HODL'ers who are selling and crashing the market.

Don't believe it? Check out the analysis for yourself:

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2018/06/12/bitcoin-price-decline-2018-caused-hodlers-30b-sell-off-says-chainalysis-report/

No need to panic and point fingers at each other. Its neither the newbies or the HODL'ers making the market crash.  The market is crashing because of the self corrections. There is a pretty good chance the price will never reach $20,000 again this year. If it does, it wouldn't be organic.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: