Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL'ers sold 30BN$ of Bitcoin causing the crash  (Read 430 times)
creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:27:59 PM

Personally, I won't stick to a random analysis. I don't know the exact reason for such a decline but what do you think, if HODLers sold who is really into the market right now?

And who shows resistance in the market?

Just some logical questions that may give some food for thought.

I agree with the opinion above. If it's really the HODLers are dumping, then should we still call them HODLers when they are selling at low times?

Who shows resistance in the market? - This question makes me think about who's really dumping the coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RaidNow

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:31:05 AM

Really it's help to drop crypto market but not directly. Holding crypto is not a bad thing  but sometimes it felt some bad effects on market.
Actum

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:13:21 AM

By reading the article I realize that HODL'ers are also take part for dropping bitcoin but HODL'ers not only there for droping the market.
maksimukr1989

Activity: 511
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 07:52:22 AM

Do not forget that there are a small number of wallets that store a fairly large amount of bitcoins.Maybe someone has one of them start to sell their coins, and thus bring down the rate
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:50:59 AM

Everyone in here seems to think that the crash is due to newbies panicking. Reality when you look at the hard data is that it is the HODL'ers who are selling and crashing the market.

Don't believe it? Check out the analysis for yourself:

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2018/06/12/bitcoin-price-decline-2018-caused-hodlers-30b-sell-off-says-chainalysis-report/

When HODL'ers say "HODL HODL" they are either lying while they are selling. Or if you are truly HODL'ing then you simply being scammed by the other other HODL'ers who are busy selling to you.....

Why I smell this more than trolling and less than analysis?
OP is just creating commotion that can make us think we've got scammed and it's time to sell what we hold.

Please, people don't buy this because the moment you believe then it will be the moment you'll lose. On a contrary, I still see people that optimist about the current state of bitcoin and didn't bother to worry about this. Holders will be holders until we reach new ATH.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
NeckettMarket

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:12:07 AM

I used to read different analysis  article and they blame different factor for this current situation of bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:52:46 AM

and to summerise the topic
in december long term holders sold $15b (aticle said $30b over several months but half of that was december alone)

at an (average price) of $15k a btc that means 1mill btc moved in december.

what the article does NOT show is
after selling and price corrected down below $10k how many old holders bought back in and thus attaind mor bitcoin than they sold, due to the corrctd price

what the article does not show is
that 1mill bitcoins move in a month anyway. think about it. even if ther is only exchange volume of 50k a day. thats 1.5mill a month. xhcnages easily do 1.5mill a month volume any month/every month easily

the hodl's are not investors. but the exchange reserve itself swapping/arbitraging coins to other exchanges to flip a profit in an a small time while traders(small fish) play the public market

the people. it just speculates that X might be a person rather than an exchange.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:12:42 AM

When scam happens it create problem .HODL causing the crash I am not sure about this but if it really happened it will be trouble for the market .
Bitocek100000

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:20:14 AM

Interesting data. I think that hodlers are very dependent on news and are prone to panic, so they are more harmful to the market than traders.

btchunter786

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:37:35 AM

The cryptocurrency market is always unstable. The prices are always increasing or decreasing. But the real cause behind this pump or dump in price can never be known. According to the report of chainanalysis, the long term investors sold 30 million dollars of Bitcoin between December to August. This could have caused the price of Bitcoin to decline.
blackmagic111

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:30:08 PM

This is sad to see that the HOLDers sold their coins off like that. We should remain calm and be patient, otherwise the market will face even more crashes.
moschinot

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:57:09 PM

I still adhere to the strategy of holding and let me say anything I will not refuse from it for a second

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:04:44 PM

perhaps. but I'm doing hold all the time while I'm participating in this market and I made a very good start on it

Why not burn your money or use them as toiletpaper - it will be useful that way than blowing them on doomed cryptocoins

freightjoe is a known fudster. I'm going to archive this thread for future reference in its unedited form.
10 years from now it's going to be hilarious.

This analysis may very well be misleading. Also people shouldn't forget that there was a huge party with the obligation to sell, and that was the Mt.Gox trustee. This might look like Hodlers finally letting go of their coins but in truth it's just the trustee doing his fiduciary duty.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:39:39 PM

This is an important thing, but this does not mean that any coins that have long been kept in order to monitor the market system and sell coins collected at different times for stability in the market.
cryptocooper57

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:27:43 PM

There are some plus sides to be seen too. Given the condition of the market is bad, but the popularity is still increasing. This could generate in more investors and might be a good thing for the market.
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:32:48 AM

Interesting data. I think that hodlers are very dependent on news and are prone to panic, so they are more harmful to the market than traders.

Anyone saying "HODL" is an investment strategy is just showing that they have absolutely zero knowledge in terms of what an investment strategy is - it is in indication that the person is likely not very clever but is basing everything on a combination of hope and positive messages together with other HODL'ers....
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:28:41 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2018, 06:48:14 AM by Malamok101

In other altcoins I see many sellers of their coins and it does not fall into price. I think the price of altcoins depends on the crypto markets.

pickledmuffin

Activity: 89

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:35:17 AM

Everyone in here seems to think that the crash is due to newbies panicking. Reality when you look at the hard data is that it is the HODL'ers who are selling and crashing the market.

Don't believe it? Check out the analysis for yourself:

https://www.coinspeaker.com/2018/06/12/bitcoin-price-decline-2018-caused-hodlers-30b-sell-off-says-chainalysis-report/

When HODL'ers say "HODL HODL" they are either lying while they are selling. Or if you are truly HODL'ing then you simply being scammed by the other other HODL'ers who are busy selling to you.....

Yes I think HODL is almost a habitual thing nowdays. It is an overused term often with no context on why and when..
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:48:06 AM

I think they made the right decision. Many of these guys bought bitcoin for less than $ 1000 and made a good profit.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: