Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:11:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Whitepaper determined credibility of an ICO  (Read 2055 times)
Rumahkaca

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:13:17 PM

good and clear white paper is the reason investors are interested in ICO. but not only that is the determining factor for the success of the ICO. You must examine more deeply the developer members, whether they are experienced and active on social media.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabrielkings

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 04:18:27 PM

Whitepaper cannot determine credibility of any project. Projects pay people to write whitepaper for them just for investors to see that they have a whitepaper. It is only people who are new to cryptocurrency and think whitepaper is everything that will live by that. Real investors can never take whitepaper as a determinant factor for any project credibility.
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:19:24 PM

In my opinion ICO’s credibility can’t measure only by a whitepaper because it only shows their concepts and an investors can only know their details by it. Its important to know the background and previous activities to trust them.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:21:55 PM

It is true that a well written white paper doesn’t guarantee the project credibility. There are other factors to consider such as the team members, claims on partnerships and etc.
ompoetra

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:22:00 PM

How to find a good ICO in the future?
For myself, I see from their background, whether they are new in the world of crypto currency or whether they have long been in crypto currency. second, we see their partnership. third we see how many investors participated in the ICO, don't just invest by looking at the bonus given, we also have to see whether the coins / tokens will be in demand or not.

How do you invest in an ICO?
Let's see if the ICO sells their tokens with bitcoin / ethereum / waves. if they are based on ethereum, buy ethereum with your bitcoin and then send a number of ETH to the address provided by them.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:22:51 PM

Some Btt members here say yes but for me no because the real purpose of white paper is to show the intentions of the project which is what are the goals need to accomplish and etc.  So there's no way it can help us to determine the project if it's good or not 'cause white paper is more on testimonials and had reference that the project is realy legit.  
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:43:57 PM

No, white paper doesn’t determine the credibility of an ICO. It just shows a guideline to you about the project. Also there is no guarantee that there will no scam! If any found, just Google it, or look for the team members. If it found to be suspicious then leave the project!
AltCoinShooter

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:29:57 PM

No white paper is not that important, because it doesn’t determine the credibility of an ICO. It can be used just as a way to refer to the ICO project. It will just help you to understand the project. But there is no guarantee that it won’t be a scam. And if you find it scam then search in Google, look for the team mates and if something seems doubtful better leave the project.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:33:51 PM

It should be a major factor in it but most folks tend to ignore it as it is just too tedious to dive into a WP with 60 or more pages. But yes, if you are seriously considering investing in an ICO, you should definitely take their WP into account.
InfiniteBlock560

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:56:55 PM

To ensure the credibility of any ICO project there need a very good and supportive team with a proper and detailed whitepaper. To make any ico project successful the team almost works as driving force to profits.
Mutuwenge

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:06:54 PM

Whitepaper  does not determine the credibility of an ICO, some of the Whitepaper are copy and paste, some projects do not even go up to there whitepaper
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:09:29 PM

An intending cryptocurrency investors recently approached me for my input in an ICO he intend invest on. And one of my advised to him his to read through the whitepaper of the ICO to determined how credibly and successful the ICO will be.
He then, ask me how sure I am that a well written whitepaper will determined how credibly, trusted and successful an ICO will be.
I couldn't give a clear answer to the question, because I personal know that so many scam ICO have a good and well detail whitepaper.

What's your take on the ICO whitepaper, can the information therein be enough to determine how successful an ICO will be.

no white paper is meaningless i mean if you want to write a complicated and detailed white paper,

thats no problem for an engineer that studied on a university.

even less of a problem for mutliple engineers.

the success of an ico depends not just on the leadership but also on the support from the society. and the obtainability of ressources. as icos are in a zero sum game over obtainable and useable ressources.

hardewale148

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:17:17 PM

The Whitepaper does not determine the credibility of an ICO, although it does in some projects, but no all,
Gralph

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:30:28 PM

First and foremost, every sucessful business deserves good marketing strategy in other to attract investors, on that note you have to employ every necessary marketing skills, techniques and style to make your product a center of attraction. Despite that, it is still gainsaid that not every well articulated and constructive whitepaper will determine the success of that particular coin more especially in this era where we have over one thousand alt coin in the crypto market. This is as a result of the fraudulent attitude of some persons in the cyber space who will package something beautiful just to deceive ICO investors to buy their coin and at the end of the day, they will make away with the funds raised.

All things being equal, no prudent investor can invest into a project where the whitepaper does not have a well articulated objective, a problem it has to solve, a well defined token sale and the means of token distribution etc. Therefore, the whitepaper determines the credibility of an ICO to an extend but not hundred percent as the case may be.
CryptoRaymond

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:57:05 AM

ICO project is promising or not that's  maximum time define on it's whitepaper many investor depends on whitepaper to choose their project.
CripplesPlazma

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:55:03 AM

There are many scam ICO and if a ICO has a clear view whitepaper that's mean this ICO is reliable and probably not a scam one.
FunZedCrypto

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:35:18 AM

Whitepaper is very important for ICO projects. It's really reflect the total projects and that's why it's help the investor to know about the project.
coinpedia240

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:14:58 AM

No, the white paper does not determine the credibility of the project. It only give some idea about the strategy or the blueprint of the project. The credibility of an ICO project mainly depends upon the team working behind it.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:22:13 AM

No, the white paper does not determine the credibility of the project. It only give some idea about the strategy or the blueprint of the project. The credibility of an ICO project mainly depends upon the team working behind it.

White paper for me serve as the brief history and description to any cryptocurrencies that's why I treat it as an important matter whenever I try to join in any campaigns. But it doesn't describe the credibility of the ICO that's why sometimes the content of the white paper is not the basis when we were going to judge an ICO.
cryptoshops9944

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 01:18:12 PM

It is the team that determines the credibility of an ICO rather than the ICO. Whitepaper just gives a description of the project whereas the team fulfills it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: