Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:07:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: #MtgoxPoland: Looking for legal representation (tips from .pl Bitcoiners wanted)  (Read 3515 times)
pascalvanhecke (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:49:16 AM

First of all: sorry for not being able to post in Polish.  Yet I am looking for tips from Polish users, so I hope this post will not be moderated away.

Mtgox used a company registered in Poland, MT.GOX POLAND INC. SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ, that received SEPA payments for MtGox.

Here's the excerpt from the Polish company register:
Here are the Polish bank details:

Account Name: MTGOX POLAND INC. SP. Z O.O.
Bank Name: BANK ZACHODNI WBK S.A.
BIC: WBKPPLPP
IBAN: PL59 1090 2398 0000 0001 1759 5694
Adress: PLAC POWSTAŃCÓW WARSZAWY 2, 00-030 WARSZAWA, POLAND

Question: I need a legal representative in Poland to file a complaint against Mt.Gox Poland for not delivering services as advertised on its website.  My goal is to recuperate at least part of the payments I have done to MTGOX Poland (some of it was so recent that it never was credited to my actual MtGox account).  Preferably a small (one-person) law firm, knowledgeable about Bitcoin or online services. 

Willing to take legal services for a percentage of the money. Since I am not the only MtGox customer using SEPA via this Polish company, this could become an interesting assignment.

Thank you in advance!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:23:12 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 02:40:34 PM by malevolent

Bartłomiej Szabat acts as a prokurent (a type of a representative) of Mt.Gox in case you're interested:

https://www.facebook.com/bartlomiej.szabat

date of birth: 24/09/1981

edit: btw, this is a sp. z o.o. (a Polish equivalent of LLC) with a minimum capital required by law, so you you will only be able to recover 5000 zł from them (that's about ~1650 USD at current exchange rates). If you want to recover more than that, then you will need to go after MT.GOX CO.LTD.

Signature space available for rent.
pascalvanhecke (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:40:27 PM

... as a prokurent (a type of a representative) of Mt.Gox in case you're interested:

Yes, saw that as well.  As far as I could google, this is the person that ran bitomat.pl, that was "bailed out" by Mtgox back in the day right (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitomat)?  However it doesn't really matter who is representing MtGox in Poland, and I also do not blame him for anything that went wrong BTW.

edit: btw, this is a sp. z o.o. (a Polish equivalent of LLC) with a minimum capital require by law, so you you will only be able to recover 5000 zł from them (that's about ~1650 USD at current exchange rates). If you want to recover more than that, then you will need to go after MT.GOX CO.LTD.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Still if there is more money on that bank account, and it is possible to freeze it via legal way, it should be possible to recuperate more than (a fraction of) that minimum capital that is (I assume) set away on some blocked bank account?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:21:39 PM

Yes, saw that as well.  As far as I could google, this is the person that ran bitomat.pl, that was "bailed out" by Mtgox back in the day right (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitomat)?

Yeah, that's him.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Still if there is more money on that bank account, and it is possible to freeze it via legal way, it should be possible to recuperate more than (a fraction of) that minimum capital that is (I assume) set away on some blocked bank account?

There might be some hope in doing that, but I'm not a lawyer.

Calhil

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

edit: btw, this is a sp. z o.o. (a Polish equivalent of LLC) with a minimum capital required by law, so you you will only be able to recover 5000 zł from them (that's about ~1650 USD at current exchange rates). If you want to recover more than that, then you will need to go after MT.GOX CO.LTD.
According to this http://prawo.rp.pl/artykul/597246.html, he can get more than 5000PLN from the shareholders.

BLC & SKC node: addnode=192.3.171.213
BLC: BcaLHiLk74XXSZdebHQY8b3CaoEBLaPtoV
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:32:50 PM

According to this http://prawo.rp.pl/artykul/597246.html, he can get more than 5000PLN from the shareholders.

That's what I said: MT.GOX CO.LTD is the sole shareholder.

st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:38:29 PM

I am preparing to sue mt.gox poland and we have a very good chance of succeeding in recovering up to 5000PLN each. I need at least 20 users that deposited using WBK Bank Zachodni. See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488883.msg5387942#msg5387942
pioter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:26:30 PM

MT.GOX new amber gold ...

plis send btc : 1Dh194qAHCejvAYtS54j2n5p6MoK85PmcQ
iFA88

Activity: 237

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 09:55:37 AM

Hy there!
I have send on 2014.02.24. from my Hungarian bank to the mtgox Polland bank address 500 euro.
There is any chance this money to refer back into my account?

Best regards:
-Andor Rajci
Hungary

glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:21:33 AM

Hy there!
I have send on 2014.02.24. from my Hungarian bank to the mtgox Polland bank address 500 euro.

Best regards:
-Andor Rajci
Hungary

You should ask that your bank, not random strangers on an internet forum. OMG are you people for real?
iFA88

Activity: 237

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:03:21 PM

OMG my bank refuse that. The money is arrived and bank wash his hands.. they say i should find a lawyer for that.. nice. OMG.

Hy there!

Best regards:
-Andor Rajci
Hungary

You should ask that your bank, not random strangers on an internet forum. OMG are you people for real?

glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:32:23 PM

OMG my bank refuse that. The money is arrived and bank wash his hands.. they say i should find a lawyer for that.. nice. OMG.

Hy there!

Best regards:
-Andor Rajci
Hungary

If your bank "refuse that" then why are you asking if "there is any chance this money to refer back into my account?". Do you expcect anyone here to know of a magical loophole in the banking systems to allow for your money to be returned? Are you really for real?
pascalvanhecke (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:41:21 PM

OMG my bank refuse that. The money is arrived and bank wash his hands..

You need to file a complaint with local law enforcement in your country.  Depending on the priorities they have (it will definitely help if more people are in a similar situation file a complaint) they will contact the Polish bank (probably with the help of Polish law enforcement).  I did the same in my home country (I could file a complaint online - no followup yet).  Chances  however are that the account you sent your SEPA transfer to is empty.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:28:25 AM

How is suing in Poland going? Can someone update me? was legal representation found?
pascalvanhecke (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:57:35 AM

How is suing in Poland going? Can someone update me? was legal representation found?

Hi Loozik, I (and other people) joined a forum user based in Poland who is suing the Polish legal entity, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488883.0;all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: