Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] UBEX  (Read 6501 times)
kirreev070 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 293

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:48:23 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 01:00:12 PM by kirreev070
Merited by nutildah (1)

Link:
WEBSITE https://www.ubex.com/
WHITPAPER https://www.ubex.com/wp/Ubex-Whitepaper-en.pdf?1907
ANN THREAD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3393244
TELEGRAM https://t.me/UbexAI
FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/UbexAl/
TWITTER https://twitter.com/ubex_ai/
LINKEDIN https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubex-ai

Firstly, Artem Chestnov  it's one of the founders of the Ubex project worked in scam project Latoken.

Proof:
https://www.trackico.io/member/artem-chestnov/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/artem-chestnov-aa5461/

Receiving money

Receiving money in ETH is carried out to a single address 0x2cc1060de78aa44e3e6a86102fac93f1de49adb2, and to receive BTC, LTC (possibly something else), personally generated wallets are used for each user. This gives at once a package of potential threats and problems. Such as:
  • Receiving money for different wallets means that no one can check, but whether the money was collected. Smart contract 0x2cc1060d ** sends money only to the beneficiary's purse https://etherscan.io/address/0xf8eed1ae306a07d8899de8dabc3783974a680830 At the moment there is 6,017 ETH. The site says that they received 23,773 ETH
  • Why do they make individual wallets for BTC? In order to make it easier to identify the investor.
  • In case of hacking, a hacker, a disloyal programmer, an admin of web hosting and so on can secretly substitute the algorithm for generating personal purses, then hacking will not be detected quickly enough. If the purse was a single one, the investors themselves would start asking questions. The threat of losing money and not noticing breaking in time is a serious justification why you can not collect money for personal wallets

Distribution tokens

https://etherscan.io/token/0x6704b673c70de9bf74c8fba4b4bd748f0e2190e1
From this page it can be seen that the company's programmer from the wallet 0x474e028b9710bef801D3a0bA3c282e729C0e3591 received tokens at the publication of the contract, thanks to this code
Code:
contract UbexToken is DetailedERC20, StandardToken, BurnableToken, PausableToken {
function UbexToken( uint256 totalSupply ) DetailedERC20 ( “UBEX Token”, “UBEX”, 18 )
{
totalSupply_ = totalSupply;
balances[msg.sender] = totalSupply;
}
}

Further, the main smart contract only distributes tokens, and only for ETH. Tokens for non-ETH will be distributed at the request of the builder, and the remainder at his own will probably promise to be burned.
From this we can conclude:
  • Tokens are distributed at will of the person
  • There is no point in a smart contract, because they are easily manipulated by a person.
  • Founder can deceive investors, for example, by sending someone tokens more than they paid, or or do not burn off the extra.

Smart contract

The management of ICO is completely manual, which indicates an extremely low technical level of the company.

The start / end of the ICO is determined by the state of the variable "closed". The value of the variable is set by the owner of the Crowdsale contract.
It should be noted that the builder can resume sales after completion without any restrictions.
Code:
 function closeCrowdsale(bool closed_) public onlyOwner {
      closed = closed_;
}

Discounts and bonuses are also entered manually using the method:
Code:
function setBonusMultiplier(uint256 bonusMultiplier_) public onlyOwner {
       bonusMultiplier = bonusMultiplier_;
}

Investor does not receive tokens immediately. Tokens put to it will be stored in the associative array of balances.
And the funds contributed by the investor go to the wallet of founder.
Code:
 function _processPurchase(address _beneficiary, uint256 _tokenAmount) internal {
       require(!hasClosed());
       balances[_beneficiary] = balances[_beneficiary].add(_tokenAmount);
       tokensIssued = tokensIssued.add(_tokenAmount);
}

In this case, the owner can at any time increase the value of the tokens intended for any purse, for example, for himself:
Code:
function addTokens(address _beneficiary, uint256 _tokenAmount) public onlyOwner {
       emit TokenAdded(_beneficiary, _tokenAmount);
}

Also about them negatively spoke Ian Balina

Edit: I know that this is not a sign of scam, but they extended the ICO for one month.

Source
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:02:38 PM

Their contract is weird, but doesn't seems malicious. I re analysed the code and found that they are still using some deprecated methods. Even they can add tokens to address without buying from exchange.

Code:
function addTokens(address _beneficiary, uint256 _tokenAmount) public onlyOwner {
}

I dont see this as negative but as a trick, Anyhow coming to the founding team profile i can recall this guy was associated with Latoken. I would like to hear from trusted members of forum on this issue.
Ubex confirms a partnership with Nvidia recently but i doubt this project will ever fly with colors but will land like swissborg,paragoncoin.

Edit: Its not a front scam but to snatch crypto from foolish investors in a legit way.
Dictum: Fool and his crypto are soon departed.

Edit: don't believe on Ian Balina's words, he is on side who has heavy money.

allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:58:09 PM

Their contract is weird, but doesn't seems malicious. I re analysed the code and found that they are still using some deprecated methods. Even they can add tokens to address without buying from exchange.

Code:
}

I dont see this as negative but as a trick, Anyhow coming to the founding team profile i can recall this guy was associated with Latoken. I would like to hear from trusted members of forum on this issue.
Ubex confirms a partnership with Nvidia recently but i doubt this project will ever fly with colors but will land like swissborg,paragoncoin.

Edit: Its not a front scam but to snatch crypto from foolish investors in a legit way.
Dictum: Fool and his crypto are soon departed.

Edit: don't believe on Ian Balina's Shillina's words, he is on side who has heavy money.

FTFY  Grin
atmanagari

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:40:54 PM

thank you for the info. I saw ubex already launched the bounty which require invest (buy) ubex token first.
In my opinion, that is not a bounty. But just an ubex tokensale, covered or named as "bounty".
funny trick to sell their token
yorndoe

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 01:56:11 AM

but ubex already listed on CMC. how can they scam
krizscreew

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:07:18 AM

I hope not SCAM
rivsal

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:18:34 AM

Good info , but i still not understand , them has been listed on Coinmarketcap and list in few exhanger .. oh maybe them just give little volume to tiny market and them run with money from investor , hahaha huge profit for them and nice work LOL
yorndoe

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 04:28:36 AM

Good info , but i still not understand , them has been listed on Coinmarketcap and list in few exhanger .. oh maybe them just give little volume to tiny market and them run with money from investor , hahaha huge profit for them and nice work LOL

LOL Ubex extended ICO for 1 month, That sign this token doenst make sense. CMC is CoinMarketCap not IcoMarketCap
Jarwo09

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 06:39:36 AM

the info is very good ... it just needs to be aware of how investors should be careful in participating in ico ...
but I'm very sure ... ubex is one of the very good proeyek ...
and it can't be a scam ...
MrHertz

Activity: 208
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:18:46 PM

That was unexpected for me, this project looks very trustful. We have two ways, first, this project is scam and all this true. Second, this project isn't scam and we have really useful good project. But anyway i hope this project isn't scam.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:11:29 PM

They claim they sold like 4000 Ethereum in one day, they should have reached their other hard cap of 28k in no time plus they are already (somehow) listed on a few exchanges and actually trading at a higher price than the ICO? They claim it's their partners, I suspect they might be selling and buying the coins themselves to fool people into buying more, seems really sketchy to me.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:24:36 PM

They claim they sold like 4000 Ethereum in one day, they should have reached their other hard cap of 28k in no time plus they are already (somehow) listed on a few exchanges and actually trading at a higher price than the ICO? They claim it's their partners, I suspect they might be selling and buying the coins themselves to fool people into buying more, seems really sketchy to me.
The manipulations really took place now and the attracted people were falling into their traps. Suspecious moves gathered negative reactions and speculations from holders now, and they can't stop us from saying our opinions over fraudulent actions they had. I wish that they will make clear statements against their scam accusations on this thread, or any other public renounced media. If they do it fairly and proved their end was good and transparent to people, then we have no problems to that.
blobbyheadstone

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:28:09 PM

This looks very scammy.

Their ICO stats are stuck on 24,621 ETH / 85 % and they are listed on exchanges where the token is traded for 5-6x of the ICO value. (e.g IDEX)
Also I can't find an end date for their ICO on their site.

The fact that you don't have to pass the KYC before you can send them tokens also doesn't add trust to me. Of course they are stating that in the event of a not successful process they refund the tokens.

Are there legit ICO's which handle KYC like this these days? (its been a while since I participated in them)
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:02:50 AM

You guys should tag the bounty manager though he's just managing the bounty campaign but he should be aware of this scam accusation and can take further action in this matter. And if he doesn't want to loss the trust then he should deem appropriate action.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1907057

I joined their signature campaign before but when they extended the ico even they almost reached the hard cap and being trading on bitforex, it straightened up my mind and leave the bounty.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Patmille

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:17:49 AM

oh wtf my friends already invested in ubex its a bad news for them , they were attracted by the 5000 ubex bonus upon purchase of their referrals. luckily i didnt invest anything , i just joined their drop. i just hope that this is not true.
Sivainvest

Activity: 378
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:41:15 PM

oh wtf my friends already invested in ubex its a bad news for them , they were attracted by the 5000 ubex bonus upon purchase of their referrals. luckily i didnt invest anything , i just joined their drop. i just hope that this is not true.
unfortunately, this is true my friend. there are other signs of csam which was not mentioned above.
about listing - this is total fake. no single investor still have not their tokens. so these scammerm just did listings to attract more fishes and manipulate the price as they want.
they say on website thay they just sold XXX Ubex tokens for YYY BTC several minutes ago. That is not true.
Their meter is fake, they paint it by themselves as most of ICO do nowadays. Not best days for ICOs gentlemen...
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 05:53:53 PM

Well they have a top advertising banner on Coinmarketcap for nearly a month. So I guess they spend a lot of fund for marketing. On the banner, I saw they partnered with Cocacola and Nvidia lol. And it's strange that an ICO which has not finished, was listed on exchanges, and I think it's tokens from their team. They pump its price by themselves to attract more investors.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
stejas

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

I met the CEO of Ubex at the International Blockchain Conference. I was almost pissed off, at the way they were selling. I was at a loss to understand what they were trying to do.

Met an acquaintance on Day 2 who said they were going to release the tokens in 5 days, so he purchased immediately. I was so unhappy.

In 5 days, they met their Hardcap and then decided to increase it. In this scenario where ICOs are not getting funded, there is this ICO which increases the hardcap.

Joke.

Of course, they probably unlocked a few thousand coins so that they can show that it is trading at 5-6x. Idex and Bitforex should immediately stop trading.

Feel sorry for the people who have invested - I mean this looks a legit scam. Nothing an ICO holder can do, I guess. Noobs getting rekted.

Regards,
Tejas
deppil90

Activity: 434
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:42:35 PM

I already invested in this project, because in sales, I was interested in many people joining ico, but after some time they claimed to have been in the hardcap position, but they forced to open ico again, I started to suspect, this is the first project to force second hardcap
ziadabuqasem

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:02:59 PM

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THEY ARE SCAMMERS OR NOT ASK THE CEO TO PASTE HIS IDS
PASSPORT COPY.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: