Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:56:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD RX 570 4GB memory - still usable after 3-4 months of mining?  (Read 284 times)
Asadali569 (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:57:07 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am a crypto enthusiast and I made a computer from scratch. Bought everything from Amazon and built the computer. After about 4 months, I stopped Mining because of the crypto going down. It's not that I will sell my crypto but I just wanted to learn how to make a computer and a mining computer so that was that. Now, I just want to get rid of my graphics card and the whole system I built. I used it for about 4 months using nicehash miner.

There are two things in my mind. First, do you think that just after 4 months of mining, my graphics card would be reduced in performance? Secondly, if anyone of you wants to buy it off me, let me know. I live in Bristol, England.

Thanks,
Asad.
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1411

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:31:23 PM

Sure, no problem.

Gpu's last for more than 3 years mining.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:39:06 PM

Why you think the performance will be reduced after mining?  Huh
where should performance be lost? shaders always stay the same, amount of memory remains the same. your cards mining slower than new cards?
Performance is the same as new cards.
livingfree

Activity: 2800
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:42:45 PM

Why you think the performance will be reduced after mining?  Huh
What I've seen with those gamers, if the GPU was 2nd hand they are asking if it was used for mining.

They all think that its already abused if it came from a miner so they tend to assume that its performance was reduced.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:06:38 PM

There are two things in my mind. First, do you think that just after 4 months of mining, my graphics card would be reduced in performance?
when checked in general there is no difference between GPUs that are used in mining and not, but when examined in detail there is a difference between the GPU used by mining and not.

from this things when some distributors/sellers find it difficult to accept the GPU replacement that is used by mining even though it still has a warranty.

I once did this and asked: how can you know this GPU is used for mining.

They (Distributors/sellers) only answered: we have special software that can check GPU performance.

just that's all I know

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am a crypto enthusiast and I made a computer from scratch. Bought everything from Amazon and built the computer. After about 4 months, I stopped Mining because of the crypto going down. It's not that I will sell my crypto but I just wanted to learn how to make a computer and a mining computer so that was that. Now, I just want to get rid of my graphics card and the whole system I built. I used it for about 4 months using nicehash miner.

There are two things in my mind. First, do you think that just after 4 months of mining, my graphics card would be reduced in performance? Secondly, if anyone of you wants to buy it off me, let me know. I live in Bristol, England.

Thanks,
Asad.
In 4 months mining lets say 24/7 on all that period then i dont see a reason why would decrease its performance. It would be just still the same even though it is already came from a hard work yet these cards is built to last up for longer. If you would say 6-8 months then probably i would be convinced to say about on that decrease.

Planning to sell? Its up to you but expect for its price to be a bargain and wait i do see this comparison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplQuI6YxM8
better to keep it on your own.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 05:08:03 PM

A 3-4 month old GPU is still like brand new if you are mining at the right conditions. Are you not overclocking too much? Are you keeping your GPU undervolted? Are you making sure that the temperature is below 65 degrees?

Personally, my GPUs have been mining for 1 year and 4 months without problem. Some of them i even bought second hand.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Brian_Wood

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Asad.
Good for you for getting your feet wet in mining! Many people here have told you the truth. The actually performance of your GPU should not change. It can't really deteriorate, as far as I understand. I've read on other forums that a GPU kept in the appropriate environment would work just as well in 200 years as it does now. The thing you need to keep in mind though, is that they do have a lifespan. If you use it 24/7 it will die eventually. If a gamer buys your GPU, he shouldn't notice any performance differences, but theoretically the GPU will die sooner than if it hadn't been used for mining.
AIO Inc
Copper Member

Activity: 62
Merit: 2

AIOMiner.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:17:55 PM

My advice would be to just keep mining with that GPU forever Smiley

Good luck!
Asadali569 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:21:15 AM

A 3-4 month old GPU is still like brand new if you are mining at the right conditions. Are you not overclocking too much? Are you keeping your GPU undervolted? Are you making sure that the temperature is below 65 degrees?

Personally, my GPUs have been mining for 1 year and 4 months without problem. Some of them i even bought second hand.
Why you think the performance will be reduced after mining?  Huh
What I've seen with those gamers, if the GPU was 2nd hand they are asking if it was used for mining.

They all think that its already abused if it came from a miner so they tend to assume that its performance was reduced.
Sure, no problem.

Gpu's last for more than 3 years mining.
My advice would be to just keep mining with that GPU forever Smiley

Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Asad.
In 4 months mining lets say 24/7 on all that period then i dont see a reason why would decrease its performance. It would be just still the same even though it is already came from a hard work yet these cards is built to last up for longer. If you would say 6-8 months then probably i would be convinced to say about on that decrease.

Planning to sell? Its up to you but expect for its price to be a bargain and wait i do see this comparison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplQuI6YxM8
better to keep it on your own.

Thank you all of you For replies. The fact that this thought came to me was because of my local hardware store guy. He said because it’s going to be working 24/7 then it’s going to deteriorate in power over time. The only thing that concern me is that I don’t know how to overclock or do anything that can decrease the power consumption while maintaining the bashing rate good. All I literally did was that I built a computer and downloaded nicehash and used it for 4 months and then stopped. If any of you wants to buy it from me. Let me know.

Otherwise, can anyone guide me as to how I could change its settings? I’m a biology student trying to become all techy with this stuff because I love the idea of mining.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:01:03 PM

You have to try switch manually coins when mining even though this method does not guarantee better than switching automatically (NH) regarding profit (for now). at least you can learn more than using NH, but it has a little hassle1

• the configuration of mining software (like claymore).
  • choosing coin algorithm
  • choosing Pool
  • sometimes have problems with mining software (like crashes and etc)

markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:31:59 PM

What's the difference what did the last 3-4 months on the video card?

Do you have documents for purchase and guarantee?
Usually price, documents for purchase and guarantee are primarily of interest to buyers.

Midcrypto

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 03:38:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Asad.

Unless the GPU was constantly running at over ~83c then there will be no loss of performance.
kahlerr

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:51:07 PM

I tjink that in a couple of months no gpu will be available for eth mining))
Asadali569 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:47:06 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Asad.

Unless the GPU was constantly running at over ~83c then there will be no loss of performance.
What's the difference what did the last 3-4 months on the video card?

Do you have documents for purchase and guarantee?
Usually price, documents for purchase and guarantee are primarily of interest to buyers.

Firstly, YES. I DO HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS. I bought it in January. built it all up in the start of the February and then stopped in early June. I think I miscalculated as it would have been 4-5 months and not 3-4.

Secondly, it was never above 80 c.

If you have any more queries, let me know and if you want to buy it off of me, let me know.
Privatoria

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:45:55 PM

Usually there are no problems with GPUs after few months of mining if you didn’t overheat them too much. It is very easy to check by using stress test programs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: