Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Socialcoin  (Read 1203 times)
Anonymous

March 24, 2011, 12:25:42 PM

I was sitting here conversing with a friend who was on facebook while I was sending a bitcoin .

What if instead of a bitcoin address my friends face was in the bitcoin client and I could just choose who to send a payment to by their profile picture.

Imagine poking someone by sending a coin which showed up with your face on their client so they recognise the sender by their profile pic.

Replace sending bitcoins with "poking" and bitcoin addresses with your friends faces.  Just imagine when you choose your friend by face and attach a virtual gift and it was sent to your friend. You could buy a virtual chicken  in your client or web app and send it to your friends farm where they could lock it in a yard lol

If your client remembered that the chicken was worth 10 bitcoins when you sent the chicken later it would send the same amount of coins....because it is bitcoins your chicken is now more valuable against the USD . People would look after their virtual gifts because they had value . One day you might be able to buy a car irl with a virtual chicken !

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands and should stop dreaming about feeding virtual chickens.  Cheesy

tl:dr feed my virtual chicken here 16SFNzAdkTEmZwQyHYFF8G3fQchSpxaGwZ 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 12:50:42 PM

You have a picture of every single person I hate. Well done.

Also, Balance = trollface
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 01:10:22 PM

I was sitting here conversing with a friend who was on facebook while I was sending a bitcoin .

What if instead of a bitcoin address my friends face was in the bitcoin client and I could just choose who to send a payment to by their profile picture.

Imagine poking someone by sending a coin which showed up with your face on their client so they recognise the sender by their profile pic.

Replace sending bitcoins with "poking" and bitcoin addresses with your friends faces.  Just imagine when you choose your friend by face and attach a virtual gift and it was sent to your friend. You could buy a virtual chicken  in your client or web app and send it to your friends farm where they could lock it in a yard lol

If your client remembered that the chicken was worth 10 bitcoins when you sent the chicken later it would send the same amount of coins....because it is bitcoins your chicken is now more valuable against the USD . People would look after their virtual gifts because they had value . One day you might be able to buy a car irl with a virtual chicken !

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands and should stop dreaming about feeding virtual chickens.  Cheesy

This is again a brilliant idea..!
If this took off you dont need facebook and the likes any more...

tl:dr feed my virtual chicken here 16SFNzAdkTEmZwQyHYFF8G3fQchSpxaGwZ 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: