Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid reasons for getting banned on BTC-E!!! what's yours?  (Read 1371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Viscera (OP)

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:18:23 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 12:49:58 PM by Viscera

The Stupid reasons for getting banned on BTC-E have gotten so ridiculous that I decided to start this thread and see if as a community we could expose the mods for their poor judgement and bad behavior.

Please share any stupid reason that you feel you were banned for and explain why you think it's illogical, bad behavior or just poor judgement. (dates are good too but not required)

I will start by saying,

I just got banned for talking about MtGox. I mean apparently everyone else was talking about it and I was just unlucky, but I'm not in the troll box 24/7, I actually have a life outside of the troll box.

That being said, the bans don't mean much to me, I started pulling my money out when they started banning people for talking about competing and unlisted currencies. Any exchange that stifles informative discussion about new technology and then bans people for talking about one of the biggest events in cryptocurrency history has lost any sense of legitimacy.

So, What did you get banned for?

edit, ok so to get an actually number i'll try to add each of your reasons at the top by editing here and listing each of them separately, all coins will count as a separate reason so if you were banned for mentioning a particular coin it will be listed as one reason.

btc-e mods ban people for talking about:

1. EMPTY GOX, MT Gox, Mount Gox etc on the 26th of February when it was the biggest event in cryptocurrency news
2. DOGEcoin. Well this is no surprise. I'd try to list a date but it seems every man and his DOGE has been banned for this one
3. Problems withdrawing BTC, April 2013, 100000 minute ban

Edit 3/3/2014

Well Today I've removed ALL my coins from btc-e. I knew poor communication was a reflection of poor management at Mt Gox 2 years ago, and sadly btc-e has gotten to the point where the communication of those representing btc-e has gotten to the most ridiculous levels.

Today I witnessed double standards of the most outrages proportions. A moderator that bans people for swearing says. "my anus hurts" and then continues to blatantly abuse his privilege of being able to avoid the time restriction placed on everyone else to spam the room with his bored suggestion that he ban himself because he's so bored. I don't know how they've managed to reduce the discussion to a moderators and ass lickers love fest in just over 12 months but the incompetence on a communication front for the exchange is staggering.

I removed all my bitcoins except 0.1 thinking that would be enough so that I could still chat there. (I did plan to say goodbye.) When I tried to say goodbye I got a message saying I needed $47 to chat... well I could have converted the last 0.1 bitcoins to $57 but i just thought bugger it. I would have trusted them with 0.1btc... at least it might have been worth something when I come back in 3 years... but I don't really expect btc-e to be there anyway...

Thanks for the coins btc-e, the last too years has been fun. When you introduce a ./disablemods feature I may be back. Bye and good luck y'all (this was to be my goodbye message, this will have to do)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:03:52 PM

It is ridicilous to ban people for mentioning Mtgox or dogecoin or other exchanges. btc-e are being unprofessional. Hopefully they are not gonna gox us.
Boomsling

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:04:26 PM

You continued to press on despite repeated warnings from the mods.

Nice one you rebel

See you in 998 Days
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:05:57 PM

this is stupid ban...I think this only damaging their reputation

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
backtrackit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:08:12 PM

I've seen people banned for mentioning Doge lol

Viscera (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

Yes I've also been banned for mentioning DOGEcoin, I would have been surprised if this was not on the list very quickly, it's fitting that it's second.
Viscera (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:28:21 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 10:33:43 AM by Viscera

You continued to press on despite repeated warnings from the mods.

Nice one you rebel

See you in 998 Days

Haha, thanks Smiley I am trying very hard not to mention the unmentionable, and not to "discuss the actions of moderators". It's quite a difficult combination when the moderators themselves have become the trolls. It seems they think they can force us to respect them, they will learn that respect is earned when the banhammers are taken away from them and they have to go back out into the real world.

I won't be back in 998 days though, my money will all well and trully be out by then unless i see some miraculous change, the btc-e troll box that I used to love has longs since been lost in a sea of "yes" men and "do-gooders" who can't see past the end of their noses.

I suspect that in 998 days btc-e will be out of business unless they work on a new business model, the way they currently store the coins will become obsolete as we learn new and better ways of doing business. Sadly btc-e is not interested in being part of the discussion.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:28:33 PM

Tolerance is one of the hallmarks of the crypto community
It would be sad if that became a casualty of mass adoption

Viscera (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:40:22 PM

Tolerance is one of the hallmarks of the crypto community
It would be sad if that became a casualty of mass adoption

Yes, I remember the days when we used to be able to tolerate flame wars in the troll box, and pull faces at each other... sadly the numbers of people on there did make that impossible. I can understand banning troll faces and dick pictures... the reasons started of sensible enough, then they just got progressively more and more stupid.

A scary reminder of EMPTY GOX :O
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 12:48:30 AM

Yes I've also been banned for mentioning DOGEcoin, I would have been surprised if this was not on the list very quickly, it's fitting that it's second.

Why does it matter if you are banned?  You just make another account.  No harm/no foul.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Viscera (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:21:05 AM

Why does it matter if you are banned?  You just make another account.  No harm/no foul.

Interesting point of view, personally I don't think poor communication will be solved by me making new accounts. Once I have my coins out of there I'll feel a lot safer. Add to that the new rule they made some time ago for a minimum balance to chat, I don't know what it is but I guess I'm going to find out Smiley
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 11:40:26 AM

They banned me in August 2013 for 100,000 minutes I think it was ("You has been banned!") for discussing the problems I had withdrawing BTC. It was delayed for 2 days and support was no help so I warned others.

I checked my account a few weeks ago and found it had been unbanned.

The mods are unpaid because some people value kudos and perceived authority more than money.

But hey I'm back and despite everything it's the only place to trade. No, I don't take Cryptsy seriously.

Although their owners are anonymous and this is a major misgiving I have about them, I'm there for better or worse.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
Viscera (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:22:52 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 04:09:39 AM by Viscera

They banned me in August 2013 for 100,000 minutes I think it was ("You has been banned!") for discussing the problems I had withdrawing BTC. It was delayed for 2 days and support was no help so I warned others.

Ok I'll put that down as reason number 3.

The mods are unpaid because some people value kudos and perceived authority more than money.

This sounds like an opinion but if you have evidence of this I'd love to see it. The impression I have is that they are too lazy and do not consider the troll box an important part of the exchange. Worse, the people they have put in charge of looking after the chat room ban people who voice their concerns about the site.

But hey I'm back and despite everything it's the only place to trade. No, I don't take Cryptsy seriously.

Sounds like madness to me. At least Big Vern seems interested in actively developing and improving his site. The US$ is overrated anyway, if I had to pick an exchange I'd much rather trade on Cryptsy.

Although their owners are anonymous and this is a major misgiving I have about them, I'm there for better or worse.

I hope you will reconsider your own arguments Smiley but best of luck where ever you decide to trade

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:04:12 PM

For some months I contributed work to Wikimapia, and in the end I was banned after a heated discussion with the unpaid moderators (they wanted me to delete a couple of weeks of work that violated some rule they had just made up, and I refused.)

I bring this up because I saw reference to the use of unpaid, allegedly bossy moderators by BTC-e, and because Wikimapia is a private Russian company (a fact that I did not know when I joined) owned by two young programmers/entrepreneurs.  Could it be that...  Huh

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:53:52 PM

I mentioned doge once back when it first came out and got banned for 2 weeks. Had no idea of their "policy".
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:58:50 PM

I asked them about dogecoin.)
Viscera (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:58:38 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 02:14:27 AM by Viscera

OF COURSE BTC-E will gox you some day, wtf don't be so naive. They are running this shit totally anonymous. People these days......

Being anonymous does not automatically make you untrustworthy, and it IS possible to prove solvency while remaining anonymous thanks to cryptography. I don't think it is necessary for btc-e to share their personal details to be trustworthy, but I do agree that they are bound to Gox people in the future if people continue to trust them blindly just because they have been trustworthy in the past. I would also add that bringing these suggestions up on btc-e is bound to get someone banned. Sadly the mods are very poor representatives for btc-e and are not at all interesting in solving the trust or PR issues.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: