Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity?  (Read 1062 times)
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:42:43 PM

bitcoin is an opportunity to store money in something other than money and shares
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vagsun

Activity: 334
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:46:41 PM

The endless debate... Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity? We came up with a few reasons why it could easily classify in any of those categories: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/is-bitcoin-a-security-a-currency-or-a-commodity-2-18643/

What do you think it is?
According to me , bitcoin is a currency as it is used as a consideration for the product you purchase. But in the current scenerio ,people are treating it as a commodity and are investing in it . As people invest in gold or silver similarly people are now investing in bitcoins. They buy btc when its price is less and sell it when its price rises. So in this way people are investing in btc and treating it as a commodity.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

We can't call bitcoin a currency because it's not and I don't think it will ever be. Of course some people use it to pay pay for different services or things but that doesn't happen very often for bitcoin to be called a currency. For example people are never going to pay with bitcoin for their shopping if they have cash available, probably only if they have some bitcoin left and they want to spend it.
I dont think bitcoin is a security since many hacks have happened recently to big exchanges wich proves its not that hard to hack bitcoin wallets. The only option remaining is a commodity, wich bitcoin really is.
GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:08:19 PM

I think bitcoin combines all 3 of these qualities. In some online stores accept payment for goods in bitcoins which means that they can be as money, in this case, bitcoin is a currency. You can invest in bitcoin, sell and get money for it. In this case, bitcoin is a commodity. And security. You can be sure about your savings in bitcoins, since no one else controls them except you. Unlike money in a bank.
earnadoge

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:11:16 PM

The endless debate... Do you think Bitcoin is a security, a currency or a commodity? We came up with a few reasons why it could easily classify in any of those categories: https://cryptocoin.news/analysis/is-bitcoin-a-security-a-currency-or-a-commodity-2-18643/

What do you think it is?

I think it's a mix of currency and digital resource.  Nowadays anything can be faked, from art to money, to even large quantities of gold can be doctored.  Something that cannot be faked is definitely a valuable resource, and can be used like money, but using the current market price.

Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:59:15 PM

What do you think it is?

I think it's a mix of currency and digital resource.  Nowadays anything can be faked, from art to money, to even large quantities of gold can be doctored.  Something that cannot be faked is definitely a valuable resource, and can be used like money, but using the current market price.

Bitcoin difined as a currency, because it is now started to accept as a digital currency. But i think it can considered also as a commodity, because of the demmand in our market. Many brought it investor.
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:18:53 PM

I personally consider bitcoin as a unique multi-faceted technology. It can act both as a currency and as a reliable investment. I think that is the reason for its success.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 07:40:33 PM

i think bitcoin is a combination of security, a currency and also a commodity. the idea behind the blockchain  technology is to have a degree of security in the ownership of a valid asset and also have the currency and can also be seen as a commodity. because of the degree importance the cryptocurrency has become it can not be said otherwise.

rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:09:12 PM

Despite the fact that bitcoin is now mainly perceived as a commodity and a means of earning, we should not forget that it is a currency. This is very important for its further development and implementation as a means of payment.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:21:51 PM

I agree with the view that bitcoins cannot be assigned to just one label of product, security or currency. It is a combination of all three. The unique bitcoin is that it is so different and so profitable from all sides.

Sam San

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:21:50 PM

I personally consider bitcoin as a unique multi-faceted technology. It can act both as a currency and as a reliable investment. I think that is the reason for its success.
some countries have declared bitcoin a commodity and use taxation as a sale of goods. some countries consider bitcoin a security and use taxation for securities. samzhe bitcoin is a new technology with features like commodities, money and securities.

Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:16:06 AM

For me, Bitcoin is very good for an investment so that we could earn lot of money for our direct spending. I cannot see it as a security and commodity due to volatility. Also not for a currency because i only use it for direct spending if really needed therefore Bitcoin is good for alternative investment to earn more fiat.
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:33:21 AM

Bitcoin is a currency, a commodity and a security as well.

nuraziaaziz

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:44:42 AM

From my personal opinion, I think Bitcoin is a digital currency. It is the same as physical money however the difference is only it works only through application.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:00:06 AM

I think Bitcoin is the most proper currency. Now, people can buy almost things except from retail things by Bitcoin. Even in Thailand, people can visit here and pay costs by Bitcoin . Therefore, BItcoin is supposed to be a type of currency because governments also accept it.

Government policies related to bitcoin can vary from place to place. Bitcoin as a currency still has many denials in some countries. Its fluctuation that make bitcoin is hard to be accepted as currency. Here in my place, bitcoin is more dominant as commodity.

ruybanoya

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:04:19 AM

i think bitcoin is a currency. because many people swap to fiat
SimonJones

Activity: 485

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:14:01 AM

What do you think it is?

Bitcoin is a Currency because it can be exchanged for buying good and services. It is a security because it has a monetary value and it is also a commodity because it is used in commerce and can be interchanged with other digital and fiat currencies.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:24:00 AM

Bitcoin is the currency security as well as the commodity that depends on the use of the Bitcoin owner. If they store Bitcoin it will be secure and if they want to sell Bitcoin it will be a valuable commodity and in the future Bitcoin may become a popular currency that people known.
jikurpa

Activity: 665

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 04:50:38 AM

What do you think it is?
according to my knowledge bitcoin is a digital currency that was created to keep up with the development of the blockchain economy of a system by using technological advancements and times and in that system there must be a tool that is crypto currency in my opinion
Vladislav2306

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 05:08:30 AM

If I need to choose from this three roles, then today it is a commodity. I can't say it is a currency because of long time and high fees for transactions and volatility of the price. And also it is not security, because everyone can see the transactions.

<div align="center">
<a href="https://brightnetwork.io">Bright - FINANCIAL SERVICES ON THE BLOCKCHAIN</a>
</div>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: