Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to survive in a bear market and cut out losses  (Read 1654 times)
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:50:38 AM

This say patience is a virtue therefore if you believe in this then better have patience and continue to wait until bullish run will start just be sure that you are holding the right coins and you just invested what you can afford to lose so that possible losses is bearable.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:01:48 AM

History price of crypto will help to know support and resistance level, so when we think the price on the support area we can decide to buy and dont forget to use stop loss because no one can make prediction by accurate 100%. Use stop loss on everyday trade is apart of risk management that we should use to avoide huge loss.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Sanchezino40

Activity: 484
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 03:52:52 AM

There are so many things you can do to survive a bear market. Bear has been persistent for some months now and it has rendered so many traders to zero percent. To cope with bear market, one must be fast in learning. Don't be greedy when in profit
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:33:54 AM

This is a quality piece; I like how you illustrate your method with an example as well as that last bold–sentence. However, in my experience, I found that cutting losses and recouping is usually harder than holding, and by the time you recover your losses, the market rebounds and you find out that you would have profited more if you had waited it out. Besides, trying to recoup puts a lot of pressure on you, and makes a feeling that always kicks in whenever you trade that it almost becomes like pathological gambling chasing behaviour.

I feel you bro, this is well experienced in BTC

seems its a different behavior with alts

We should have a different approach in BTC tradings, normally setting cutloss to a higher thresholds compared to trading in alts

However if I've got twice or thrice hit on cutlosses, time to Pause and reset the plan, proving I am on an opposite directions
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:09:15 AM

I don't believe in cutting losses with your open trade or saved coin.  Cutting losses is very injurious to your funds and more importantly to the future profit that would be made.  It is therefore important to get into good project from the start to avoid a situation where you are unsure and losing money!

zainsido

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:52:40 AM

I don't believe in cutting losses with your open trade or saved coin.  Cutting losses is very injurious to your funds and more importantly to the future profit that would be made.  It is therefore important to get into good project from the start to avoid a situation where you are unsure and losing money!

Yes, it's make we loss some but prevent us to more.
As we know, we hardly predict when market will recover.

With doing cut loss technique, we can buy back more coin.
if bear market continues, cut loss again, buy back again. That our coin increase.
then, we can hold waiting bull market come
vutienthanh

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 07:48:13 AM

Thank you for sharing, it gives me a nice perspective to apply when the market starts to signal the trend change. Maybe in the future I also apply your method in taking a loss. But in my opinion the most needed transaction is still psychological. Investing in market psychology and investors is the hardest thing to do to help us avoid FOMO or FUD. However, in this market is not absolutely sure 100% completely, so everyone wishes to have the best profit in each transaction.
Adrin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:05:47 PM

In this condition you must sell as first as you can. Later on you can keep trading by your half amount of coins or Dollar. When market goes up then this half can make you profit as much as it can recover your loses or at least cut out your loses. If the market really bears I mean if the market goes up and down very continuously then buy when it goes more down. When it goes up again then if it make you sure about 25% to 40% profit then sell immediately.   
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:48:45 PM

Personally I prefer margin trading on 2-3% of the whole money which I have in one trade. Also I always use stop loss and leverage not more than 5x. I like to open short positions in such way.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:27:08 PM

This say patience is a virtue therefore if you believe in this then better have patience and continue to wait until bullish run will start just be sure that you are holding the right coins and you just invested what you can afford to lose so that possible losses is bearable.

Patience is a virtue in this industry and that is the reason why you should hold your coins today since the market will always drop depending on the demand and supply.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:26:39 PM

Patience is a virtue in this industry and that is the reason why you should hold your coins today since the market will always drop depending on the demand and supply.
Bottom line is if you have patience you don`t cut loses, you wait price to go high up again. Price do depends from demand and supply, demand will rise if word continue with adoption, supply will be cut in half in 2020 after halving occur. When you know this facts you need to stay cool headed and keep with holding, cutting loses will just cut your money, nothing more or less, give it a thought.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:29:24 PM

Personally I prefer margin trading on 2-3% of the whole money which I have in one trade. Also I always use stop loss and leverage not more than 5x. I like to open short positions in such way.

If we want to survive the current bear market, we shouldn't sell the remaining assets we had but instead prefer to hold those potential coins. Don't let it be sold to bearish price buyers, because they'll acquire the possibility to have the opportunity during bull run happens. Just stay calm and don't lose hope for the coins we had, and typically I didn't apply that stop loss and leverage because I based my trades at the current market trend. The preference of quick selling is my virtue and as long as the asset has low price I buy for it and sell at high after I hold for longer terms.
Limar0

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:03:34 PM

Simply to survive in a bear market you need to hold to those coins until it recovers. Or take an opportunity to buy more coins you think will rise as quickly as possible like ethereum or whatever coin you bet is more likely to jump in the near future once market price recovers. And talking of cutting losses, I think you don't need to sell them off just to cut losses because as long as you are holding it, you are not in the losing end yet.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:56:35 PM

Cutting losses is in a way admitting the loss, taking it. Just a quick example. You decide that whenever price hits your entry point you'll sell. You set a stop loss at that level. There's a huge crash and the price lands 10% below your entry point. You admit the loss, sell, and the price recovers above your entry point within a day. Now if you want to enter you're going to have much less coins than 2 days ago. Now rinse and repeat and in the end instead of making money you'll be losing it. Irresponsible trading is a great path to ruin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:30:12 PM

Cutting losses is in a way admitting the loss, taking it. Just a quick example. You decide that whenever price hits your entry point you'll sell. You set a stop loss at that level. There's a huge crash and the price lands 10% below your entry point. You admit the loss, sell, and the price recovers above your entry point within a day. Now if you want to enter you're going to have much less coins than 2 days ago. Now rinse and repeat and in the end instead of making money you'll be losing it. Irresponsible trading is a great path to ruin.
This is just a simple tutorial on how to recover some of your invested money to any crypto in the market but it is not really advisable for any long-term trader. It's just a waste of your effort and time of waiting for the right moment which this will make you a weak-handed trader. If you are able to manage to hold for a long time to your crypto then have patience but if it seems that the market is nowhere to recover to their previous prices then you can then apply this method.

I hope i didn't read the sarcasm here. Grin

kzozenberg

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 01:49:01 PM

If all went to the bottom can only wait and buy more at the bottom of the coin no more )

∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧ [ BRAVO ] Send and receive anonymous and instant payments with the power of blockchain ∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 02:36:26 PM

There are so many things you can do to survive a bear market. Bear has been persistent for some months now and it has rendered so many traders to zero percent. To cope with bear market, one must be fast in learning. Don't be greedy when in profit

To survive the bear market, all you have to do is just hold your coins and avoid trading or selling in order to preserve the amount of tokens you are holding.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:03:56 PM

"Never ever cut out losses if you do like to survive"

This is my main rule when i do hold of some assets but there are some exception circumstances on where you do really need to get out because the coin is going to down to the bottom unless if
its a good coin you can still hold and accumulate even more on the bottom price.These would always vary on how you analyze and somehow a mixed of intuition.

cfif123

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:13:26 PM

if for myself to avoid losses when the market is experiencing a very bad situation then the way that I will use it lasts until the market gets better, because there are so many people who have suffered losses because they panicked selling their coins at low prices
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:15:47 PM

To survive the bear market, all you have to do is just hold your coins and avoid trading or selling in order to preserve the amount of tokens you are holding.
Agreed.I also prefer to hold all my coins particularly when the market is down.It's very hard to make profit during a bloody market so to cut out losses,never ever make a decision that will make you regret in the end.And i'm sure you won't get losses if you never resort into panic selling.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: