Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:21:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin uses too much energy?  (Read 1115 times)
GreenInformation547

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:42:13 AM

Of course it uses energy but i'm not agree with the statement that it uses too many energy and it pay for the energy that it use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ANUKRAMAYON

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:10:01 AM

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/7xmvbq/bitcoin-energy-science-world-electricity-demand

Now Motherboard is not the best source for news, but let's consider the implications of this...

Consuming immense amounts of energy is actually somewhat counterproductive if we consider the vision of Bitcoin giving us tools for independence. And it's somewhat unethical because we should not be using more than we need on this earth.

However, we don't really know how much energy it is consuming at this stage, so this could just be another reporter trying to find a story.

Bitcoin really uses too much energy and many miners say that because earlier bitcoin mining was considered as easy and very profitable and that is the main reason many miners were joined to the network but now things has got little complicated because electricity in many countries are not cheap and even mining hardware is too expensive so most miners think bitcoin mining power waste at least should be reduced in coming years so miners can take a profit than a lost and it will do good even to the network 
KIROMATH

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:26:34 AM

Statistics may have pointed that bitcoin is using too much energy but when considering the return that bitcoin provide for its users it is beneficial because large number of people now rely on bitcoin as traders , investors or as users who use it as a currency for payments and there are individuals who have made bitcoin there only living source so if we neglect bitcoin by only pointing its one problem we have forgot all its benefits in the process so rather than accusing bitcoin we need to find a better solution to fix the problem or to  reduce it 
people12345

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:08:25 PM

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/7xmvbq/bitcoin-energy-science-world-electricity-demand

Now Motherboard is not the best source for news, but let's consider the implications of this...

Consuming immense amounts of energy is actually somewhat counterproductive if we consider the vision of Bitcoin giving us tools for independence. And it's somewhat unethical because we should not be using more than we need on this earth.

However, we don't really know how much energy it is consuming at this stage, so this could just be another reporter trying to find a story.

First and foremost, energy is not issue at all it does not matter how energy you produce as long as you earn more money from it, energy is not issue. But in terms of consuming energy that involves economy, we could say that it is too much energy are produced but, since solar power are already implemented we cannot assure that this are enough to mine a coin successfully. But back to the topic, like waht ive said energy is not issue at all as long you earn money it does not matter.
Inmzaluia

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:16:31 PM

By consuming energy to produce and maintain Bitcoin, one can not judge its quality, it is a cost price, but rather vice versa, if Bitcoin is a popular crypto currency, this is justified, as well as the production of any branded gadget or space rocket.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:20:39 PM

Every aspect of the industrial use require energy and even all the sectors consumm lots of energy e.g the banking sector and all the rest, bitcoin is not an exception and due to the peculiarity of the blockchain technology and mining activities bitcoin transactions requires constant energy but the question we should ask our self is is it profiting if it is then why complaining after all the energy will still be used by other sectors of the economy.
Eminem23

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:21:06 PM

Bitcoin is developing recently as a passive, they seem to live, but they are not visible in the cryptocurrency market, I hope soon they will come to life and show themselves in full force.
DenSamui

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:28:18 PM

I believe that at the moment energy consumption is not the main problem. The banking system also uses too much energy.
Puylybn

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:29:05 PM

By consuming energy to produce and maintain Bitcoin, one can not judge its quality, it is a cost price, but rather vice versa, if Bitcoin is a popular crypto currency, this is justified, as well as the production of any branded gadget or space rocket.
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:30:48 PM

If we do not use the energy to mine bitcoin we still use it for another thing to make more money though, and as long it's profitable no matter how much energy it uses there will be no problem at all right?
There is no problem with energy usage as long as what we do is helpful to our country, specifically to our economy. Even the bank, the industry uses too much energy.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:39:20 PM

I don't think Bitcoin power consumption is at a worrying level at least for now. Why did you say counterproductive, anyway? You should compare Bitcoin energy consumption against other financial service energy consumption too. All those ATMs from banks all around the world, working 24/7, how much energy is used to power them? How big is the environmental effect for making paper money and coin? If you take them into account I'm sure Bitcoin energy consumption isn't something to worry about.

Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:10:32 PM

The solution is private green power plants. Such a current practically does not cost and does not consume natural resources. This is a very good solution.
tranle1267

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Looking to the future and control myself

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:36:10 PM

Actually bitcoin do not use too much energy, the miners are user to use too much energy, they use a lot of mine machine to mine bitcoin and other altcoin. that is the reason that the energy uses too much by bitcoin
ANUKRAMAYON

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:44:45 PM

Bitcoin uses too much energy and most agree on that but it is not a problem with bitcoin but there is a problem with the power source we used to mine bitcoin because most miners use home electricity mainly because it is the most convenient method they can find but this is a era where even cars and houses use solar electricity to run instead damaging the environment but yet even for a great innovative currency like bitcoin we haven't found an innovative way to mine it and we accuse bitcoin that it is making environmental damage but we already have the technology to stop that right now but nothing effective is happening
NavigateSamurai055

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:25:45 PM

I don't agree with you because there are many other institutions which use much energy and they pay for that then what is wrong if bitcoin use it.
DannyMarco

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:19:18 PM

Yes, I also agree that bitcoin use many energy but it is normal because in order to run a big project huge number of energy is essential.
AAKODI

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:53:30 AM

People who say that bitcoin uses too much energy and it causes environmental damage has forgot major side about bitcoin and those are the advantages and benefits it provides by using those electricity and also because bitcoin is a first generation digital currency it may use little more energy than newly introduced cryptocurrencies  but still we cannot ignore good things it has provided and it will provide in the future to the worlds economy

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Teriyanone

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:35:51 AM

According to my understanding the energy used by bitcoin mining is not a problem and it is negligible because we haven't calculated how much of electricity is wasted by currency traditional money transferring systems waste world electricity due to there ineffective systems and processes and if we do that we will definitely find what is the best way to transfer currencies and I am very sure that Bitcoin will win because no other technology in the traditional financial system can compete with Bitcoin at the moment
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:55:12 AM

As time goes buy, I really accept that I am to consume portion of my income for bitcoin. I pay internet bill, but I guess it is small enough to what I receive and of course energy for charging my devices. But then it is not a huge factor after all compared to what I usually have.
Chicksteen

Activity: 200

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:06:36 AM

As time goes buy, I really accept that I am to consume portion of my income for bitcoin. I pay internet bill, but I guess it is small enough to what I receive and of course energy for charging my devices. But then it is not a huge factor after all compared to what I usually have.

Bills are small compare to what you have earned using the energy. Some mining consumes much electricity but they are not complaining because they are earning good from that. You have to invest on everything for you to earn profit that you cannot imagine. Taking the risk at first and enjoy the good result after that. Bitcoin do not used to much energy depend on what you are working for.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: