Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:03:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predict the next Gox revelation here and win respect from fellow forum members  (Read 3710 times)
Walsoraj (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:23:35 PM

I'll go first: Mark has been manipulating trade data since at least last September.

He certainly had the incentive to do so. And we now know he is willing to do almost anything to save Gox, including mislead the public.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:47:42 PM

Ill go next  Grin

Turns out Gox was handed a subpoena based on claims of insider trading, market fraud, money laundering etc, this explains why he cant say anything in particular.

The government have seized their entire BTC stash, hence why its not lost but just unavailable.

Mark genuinely wants to sort out the mess but has no way to cover withdrawals which were increasing due to malleability fear and general gox incompetance...

For some reason he beleives that he can sell the business and get his users losses covered while the FED do their thing.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:29:40 PM

OK my turn. I hope the following will happen. I have no money or BTC in GOX but it sounds like this is possibly going on which would be good for those goxxed.

MtGOX is in the process of being taken over by a yet to be mentioned (hopefully competent) party.
Investor has asked Mark to stop all forms of communication without approval of investor to stop any false promisses or problems.
Investor forced MtGOX offline to look into the exact depth of the mess and to prevent further hacks. Depending on the mess they will invest or not.
Investor is looking into a solution to all whom got goxxed.

If investors name leaks the deal is off since they do not want to be associated to this mess Smiley

Next milestones

- Site magically starts up again around 1 april with new rebranding (leaked fake document Cheesy)
- Directly followed by the presentation of new management including takeover announcement and a new CEO.
- With a new CEO Mark Karpeles can officially step down. He will officially appologise for the mess he made and take the fall for all the shit that went wrong. (In Japan I would expect him to cut off a finger or nipple like in the movies Tongue)
- A day or two later a plan for helping goxxed people get's communicated.
- Business resumes...
- Withdrawls get enabled in a limited fashion.
- Slow recovery and build new trust.....

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:13:37 PM

Here goes...

The following document gets leaked:

March

Crisis plan!

Urgent Mark Karplees jailbroak feasibility study!

A call to Major Figures in the Bitticoin community.

We at MtGox are worried that Mark is cracking under FBI pressure and that any day he will reveal himself to be none other than Satoshi Nakamoto. The fallout from this will surely spell THE END to all computer programmers EVERYWHERE in the entire UNIVERSE!!!

You must heed our call and send thousands of cheap coins VERY QUICKLY to pay for our Getaway Vehicle!

Then Mark Karpooles needs a spcial ID CARD tha twill help him to go wherever he wants. It must look like this and all memebers of the Bitcoin Foundtation must send arbed coinz (right now) to make sure it is of highest quality!

Once far away Mark promises never ever ever ever to tell NOBODY at all crosses his heart and hopes to die (because he surely deserves to). IF.....

You take advantage of our extremely top-level links with Bitcoin to buy as many cheap coins as quickly as possible from TURTLE MOUNTAIN© (PS that is our new brand!!!) so that Marc can have coffee whenever he wants.

The fate of every coin is IN YOUR HANDZ NOW secret, solvent investor !!!
[/size]

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:45:11 PM

Here goes...

The following document gets leaked:

..snip...

MTGOX HAS 4 CORNER
SIMULTANEOUS 4-DAY
TIME CUBE
IN ONLY 24 HOUR ROTATION
4 CORNER DAYS, CUBES 4 QUAD EARTH - No 1 Day God

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Rygon

Activity: 520

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:53:33 PM

The bitcoin community will be devastated to learn that the cake is a lie.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 06:57:48 PM

To humbly borrow from There Will Be Blood:

Drained dry. I'm so sorry. Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:16:25 PM

MTGox bankruptcy exceeds 1 trillion USD as BTC/USD rate just went over 1.4 million.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Narken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:28:36 PM

GOX BTC converted to magic cards and snail mailed to everyone verified

Last known words from GOX printed on back side of the cards.....

TO DA MOON !!!

Yes sir
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:34:08 PM

Already did that when I predicted a crisis like the one we are going through now.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

exponential

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:09:27 PM

Haven't been on in a bit but did anyone notice the new update Mark himself posted on GOX?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:29:08 PM

They actually lost 2000 Bitcoins due to the malleability hack and have 750000 Bitcoins left. Grin
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:04:50 PM

Haven't been on in a bit but did anyone notice the new update Mark himself posted on GOX?

Yep I noticed. Can't wait for the real information to come like

The coins we're temporarily unavailable but now they are "lost"
I put all your bitcoins on red and lost, wished I would have won to bail you all out
Life sucks get over it !!

Kind regards
Mark

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Manticore

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:10:59 AM

Here's mine.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487393.0
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:54:50 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 01:09:36 AM by Tirapon

OK my turn. I hope the following will happen. I have no money or BTC in GOX but it sounds like this is possibly going on which would be good for those goxxed.

MtGOX is in the process of being taken over by a yet to be mentioned (hopefully competent) party.
Investor has asked Mark to stop all forms of communication without approval of investor to stop any false promisses or problems.
Investor forced MtGOX offline to look into the exact depth of the mess and to prevent further hacks. Depending on the mess they will invest or not.
Investor is looking into a solution to all whom got goxxed.

If investors name leaks the deal is off since they do not want to be associated to this mess Smiley

Next milestones

- Site magically starts up again around 1 april with new rebranding (leaked fake document Cheesy)
- Directly followed by the presentation of new management including takeover announcement and a new CEO.
- With a new CEO Mark Karpeles can officially step down. He will officially appologise for the mess he made and take the fall for all the shit that went wrong. (In Japan I would expect him to cut off a finger or nipple like in the movies Tongue)
- A day or two later a plan for helping goxxed people get's communicated.
- Business resumes...
- Withdrawls get enabled in a limited fashion.
- Slow recovery and build new trust.....
- LTC support implemented (finally)

Grin
dynodog

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:01:27 AM

It will be revealed that Mark Karpeles ate all the bitcoin...
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:04:26 AM

Nothing will happen for the next 2-3 months. No real info at all. Just gossip and rumors. After 3 months criminal charges will be laid on the top gox employees.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:13:47 AM

Here's mine:

U.S. Govt doesn't wish to steal non-criminal people's Bitcoin, but they do badly want the data Mt. Gox has to peruse what they define as criminal activity and fill out certain mappings of economic activity.  These mappings will be handed over to a privately operated taint authority.

Users who were to dumb to pull their BTC out of Mt. Gox over the last half a year will be able to retrieve their BTC by submitting various documentation and registering appropriately.  This registry will be part of the body of data used in for 'legitimate' business to obtain and maintain a 'bitcoin license.'

Karpeles will cooperate fully and be fine.  In fact he'll probably walk away a fairly rich man.

The Bitcoin Foundation will work actively and effectively to pave the way for this new ecosystem paradigm.  As a result many of their membership will have their BTC grandfathered in free of taint even when the origin is fairly questionable.  Those who have rejected the Bitcoin Foundation will have more trouble in this regard.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wit22

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:28:24 AM

The crisis document claims they've lose 742,400 out of 744,400 coins and that they only have 2000 coins left.

Here is my prediction.

The theft related to the transaction malleability was small and probably only 5-20% of their actual funds - all it did was empty their hot wallet and force them to try to redeem their cold wallet. Imo, there is no chance that they lost 99.9% of their bitcoin from that theft, since it would have equated to 500-600 coins per day since mtgox's inception; or $50,000 a day in the long, sustained stable period of a average price of $100 usd/btc.

Upon trying to redeem their huge cold wallets with around 80% of the customer's 774,000 coins; Mark discovered that the private keys could not be recovered due to some bug in his own custom coded software. Ever since he's been stalling for time, trying to recover the keys to the private storage. The document is in fact real, and mark would rather cry theft than admit that he accidentally lost the keys to 772,000 coins. The document was being circulated to potential investors so that Mtgox could be bought and no one would ever know the true depth of Mark's incompetence.

The document was leaked by someone involved in the potential acquisition and that immediately destroyed some interest in the acquisition.

I still believe that Mtgox may be acquired or some outside experts may be brought in to recover the private keys.

The private keys may not be recoverable, and 600,000-700,000 coins are lost forever.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 03:59:33 AM

no revelation, but gox is going down and it's gonna bring everyone with it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████