Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:41:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the opportunity for arbitrage going away?  (Read 1226 times)
kivsman (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:51:36 PM

Im working on getting an arbitrage bot going but I cant stop worrying about the possibility that once its finished the discrepancies amongst various exchanges will be settled and there will not much left to arbitrage.

Thanks
(Im a noob)
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:12:10 PM

You don't need a bot. But how would you properly do it more than once? Money withdrawals and deposits take long.
kivsman (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:38:48 PM

You don't need a bot. But how would you properly do it more than once? Money withdrawals and deposits take long.

I know many people do it manually, I actually posted another thread about automating deposits and withdrawals, but I don't think its possible,
For me withdrawals and deposits take 10-15 mins, thats not too bad, price doesn't change too much in that time, you can manually arbitrage easily, I had a sick setup last time with a huge gap in LTCBTC so I wanted to give it a shot, (my 1st time) but I couldn't withdraw because your account has to be 3 days old on BTCE too withdraw, whatever,

You can arbitrage without withdraw/deposit, if and only if the gap between 2 different exchanges is NOT constant.

EDIT:

**(Obviously you'll withdraw after a while)

And also this method will not make you USD, it will make you LTC or BTC
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:40:14 PM

I don't think btc-e API withdrawal is available for everyone, although there are API permissions to do so. I actually wrote some code to use the website, but it's untested and doesn't include the confirmation mail (they introduced it after I wrote the code).

If you are interested in exchanging ideas, or so, let me know. I also wrote such code:

https://i.imgur.com/OoP0aNo.jpg

bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:28:59 PM

I know many people do it manually, I actually posted another thread about automating deposits and withdrawals, but I don't think its possible,
For me withdrawals and deposits take 10-15 mins, thats not too bad, price doesn't change too much in that time, you can manually arbitrage easily, I had a sick setup last time with a huge gap in LTCBTC so I wanted to give it a shot, (my 1st time) but I couldn't withdraw because your account has to be 3 days old on BTCE too withdraw, whatever,

You can arbitrage without withdraw/deposit, if and only if the gap between 2 different exchanges is NOT constant.

EDIT:

**(Obviously you'll withdraw after a while)

And also this method will not make you USD, it will make you LTC or BTC

Now i got it, i thought you would do money/btc. International deposits take days....
kivsman (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

I don't think btc-e API withdrawal is available for everyone, although there are API permissions to do so. I actually wrote some code to use the website, but it's untested and doesn't include the confirmation mail (they introduced it after I wrote the code).

If you are interested in exchanging ideas, or so, let me know. I also wrote such code:

https://i.imgur.com/OoP0aNo.jpg

Thanks for that, Ill message you,

----------

Anyone have speculations on when arbitrage possibilities will end?
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:13:50 PM

soon, but they return after big dips/rises
kivsman (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:46:09 AM

soon, but they return after big dips/rises

How soon do you reckon?
Xer0

°^°

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:03:24 AM

1, max 2 weeks
margin is already 50% smaller then monday
kivsman (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:05:31 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 12:12:25 AM by kivsman

1, max 2 weeks
margin is already 50% smaller then monday

Ok but you think the next big move will send the gaps to where they were before?
Xer0

°^°

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:04:21 AM

usually it does
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: