Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:02:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: suing mt.gox poland  (Read 13652 times)
st4nl3y (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:06:13 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 09:46:36 PM by st4nl3y

I am progressing with case against mt.gox poland for fraud (art. 286  #2, #3, #4) and misleading (art. 286 #1). This is not regarding bitcoins but the currency deposits to WBK. I will update this thread accordingly to info received from the case lead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:10:19 PM

I'm with you.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:25:50 PM

I am preparing to sue mt.gox poland for fraud (art. 286  #2, #3, #4) and misleading (art. 286 #1) The first person to get arrested will be this fucking scammer representative of mt.gox poland named Bartlomiej Szabat because in poland for something like this you just get arrested straight away until proven NOT GUILTY. This is not regarding bitcoins but the currency deposits. I have already spoken with my lawyer and we need to act asap in case they close polish mt.gox. I might need more users that deposited money in to mt'gox polish bank WBK Bank Zachodni, to be 100% successful. Whos with me on this1?? 

I deposited at their Polish Bank! I'm in!

more or less retired.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:47:42 PM

oh almost forgot, my lawyer contacted WBK Bank Zachodni today to ask for information, and he was told they are aware of the mt.gox poland situation but cannot comment at this point. Also WBK Bank Zachodni has been recently receiving fucking tons of phone calls about refunds but it doesn't work like that over here, you have to sue, banks won't help you.

It's kind of the same in the US, except they don't help you even if you sue.

If you sue and win, the government just gives them money.

If you spend all your money and go bankrupt as a bank, the government punishes you by giving you more money.

The US Gov is like a typical GoXXX customer basically.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
lucky7

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:55:29 PM

I don't think you will come so far as they will still blame on technical issues for now and claiming that they are working on it. This is a dejavu situation comparing to the Swedish bitcoin exchange company Kapiton, as far they claim that the funds is safe no one can be arrested. If we have any hopes that MtGox will solve this I think we should let them try instead threat with law suites that will just delay or stop them trying to solve the issues . Of course if you got fiat funds it should not keep you from get then out asap. The end of the saga with Kapiton is that I eventually received my funds in the end.
jack0m
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1988

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:46:22 PM

sorry guys but something urgent came up and i have to go offline for a bit. Back in 2h

sorry but I didn't understand what you mean. Is this action only for people who wired PLN to Gox' account at WBK Bank Zachodni?
If a user had Euros on his account resulting from BTC trading instead of deposit, aren't those funds supposed to be still located on the Polish bank?

Money is a hoax. Debt is slavery. Consumerism is toxic.
elbill

Activity: 938
Merit: 1005

frantorres_995 at socialmedia

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:01:17 PM

I am preparing to sue mt.gox poland for fraud (art. 286  #2, #3, #4) and misleading (art. 286 #1) The first person to get arrested will be this fucking scammer representative of mt.gox poland named Bartlomiej Szabat because in poland for something like this you just get arrested straight away until proven NOT GUILTY. This is not regarding bitcoins but the currency deposits. I have already spoken with my lawyer and we need to act asap in case they close polish mt.gox. I might need more users that deposited money in to mt'gox polish bank WBK Bank Zachodni, to be 100% successful. Whos with me on this1?? 

I deposited at their Polish Bank! I'm in!

+1 here.

shadyz

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:18:26 PM

Okay, sure. But how does someone prove fraud or misleading ,since the bank is "just holding" these customer accounts for gox ?
Squall_Titus

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:40:57 PM

sorry guys but something urgent came up and i have to go offline for a bit. Back in 2h

sorry but I didn't understand what you mean. Is this action only for people who wired PLN to Gox' account at WBK Bank Zachodni?
If a user had Euros on his account resulting from BTC trading instead of deposit, aren't those funds supposed to be still located on the Polish bank?

I transferred 35000€ to the Bank, so i am whit you.
pascalvanhecke

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:58:21 PM

Okay, sure. But how does someone prove fraud or misleading ,since the bank is "just holding" these customer accounts for gox ?

In case of "freshly deposited" money, it is easy to argue they are no longer providing the promised service (since MtGox stopped trading) so the payment needs to be reversed.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:51:02 PM

Sorry but i am very depressed right now and need to clear my head because a very good friend of mine and also a huge bitcoin supporter died few hours earlier today ran over by a fucking train! so as you can imagine it's hard to take especially if there is no details about how it happened, yet.
took me about 40+ minutes to write this one post Smiley

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. My condolences! I can't help but think if this was related to money lost there if he was a big bitcoin supporter? This would be even sadder!
I just wanted to check on this thread and just wrote you a PM, but take your time to cope with that. That's priority! Again, sorry to hear that!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
shadyz

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:12:41 PM

What would be the court fees?
glon

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

Good question. There must be some Gox account in there.
kleinessteak

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:48:46 PM

+1,  i also wired money to mt gox poland
shadyz

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:51:39 AM

What would be the court fees....?

And who exactly are we suing ? Why the bank?
Peacefuls

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:20:44 AM

Good question. There must be some Gox account in there.

Yes, only for those who recently deposited PLN or (not sure if EUR) to mt.gox WBK account.

The funds from trading on mt.gox "might be" still located in the WBK.  The problem with that is it is impossible to prove to the court(at this point). there is no laws or regulations in regards to virtual currency in poland (as of yet). this is about fiat currency deposits.

hey st4nl3y
sry to hear this bads from you mate at first - take you time to cover.... really bad day!

the 2. is - can you point out if it belongs also to EUR or only to PLN?
recently deposited is clear enough for all of you guys who read this.

and you have to think about the other users who have fresh confirmed withdrawals - maybe they can be affected?
whats your thoughts?

Andukun

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:38:53 AM

Hello, thanks for starting this, im with you.

Will you give us information when we should send you documentation of the wire transfer from our bank?
I Hope a scan of this document is good enough?

Thanks again.
Peacefuls

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:01:01 AM

I transferred 35000€ to the Bank, so i am whit you.

on this way you will get back max. 5000 PLN as you can read earlier in this posts. So it is a max around 1200€
against 35000€

not a good idea i think!
broolstoryco

Activity: 76

Enemy of the State

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:52:37 AM

Ive sent a combined total of 1045 eur. How are we proceeding?
dafqok

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:02:59 PM

I urge everyone participating to understand a peculiar risk there. First, as Peacefuls pointed out, if you sue Gox Poland for fraud they can probably go straight into court administration mode. Which means a long and untender road until which time the subsidiary will already be tied up into the insolvency storm of Gox Japan. Then, the best case is you will get the measly 5000 PLN. Which, you supposedly should receive anyway given the liable equity capital.
Second, assuming they are in charge of both the deposit account and the EUR account, this would inhibit transactions from there as well. Since people still receive payments from there (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=489652.0), it shows money is left. Therefore I propose to not sue them for fraud and halting operations, but to apply pressure and negotiate to keep fulfilling their normal business obligations until funds are depleted or official bankruptcy repercussions govern the course of things anyhow.
OP, your thoughts on this? (My sincere condolences, it's bitter times but you will come through eventually).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: