Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: suing mt.gox poland  (Read 13652 times)
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:24:27 PM

but we won't be able to recover anything at this point.

Are you sure about that? Nothing?

Bankruptcy protection means the company in question is protected by the court in case of any criminal or civil proceedings resulting in recovery of the funds. mt.gox is a parent company of mt.gox poland. When mt.gox filed for bankruptcy protection in japan, mt.gox poland automatically became bankrupt protected and therefore we can't recover any funds form mt.gox at this point. It is possible but it will require much more effort and money.

Thanks.
Not at this point, no. (That's what I thought.) But maybe sometime in the future? Or have I misunderstood this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gulinborsti

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:53:42 PM

I am in for suing the polish bank, my last EUR deposit never got credited to my MtGox account I want that money back.

Anywhere to sign up on this action?
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:39:28 AM

I am in for suing the polish bank, my last EUR deposit never got credited to my MtGox account I want that money back.

Anywhere to sign up on this action?

You have to contact your bank because a bank wire cannot be lost. Your bank will trace it and they will tell you where it is.Simple.
If the money are already in Mt Gox bank account and then you can say bye bye to your funds.

Also, why would you sue a bank and not sue Mt Gox?  Smiley

mo2t

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:03:17 AM

Hi, I have deposited 400 euro last year to MT. GOX Poland. They arrived to my account on MtGox, then I have bought BTC. It is not required 5000 PLN.
glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:28:54 PM

OK so what exactly are you hoping to gain from this lawsuit, again?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:33:44 PM

To whom it may concern:

We now have 11 letters. We need another 9 users who feel they have been defrauded and willing to participate in a criminal case against mt.gox poland to be successful. I am still waiting for my lawyer to get back to me. When he does I will update here in the main thread. Please ask any questions if you are interested in joining the party!

Let's get the other 9 soon.

mo2t

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

First, we will fight to recover recently made deposits to WBK bank zachodni and if that won't be possible we will definitely ruin mt.gox poland reputation and credit rating. My lawyer is still working on the charges but there will be a few.

Mt.gox poland has any reputation and credit rating yet?
glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:30:21 PM

OK so what exactly are you hoping to gain from this lawsuit, again?

First, we will fight to recover recently made deposits to WBK bank zachodni and if that won't be possible we will definitely ruin mt.gox poland reputation and credit rating. My lawyer is still working on the charges but there will be a few.

You won't be able to recover the WBK deposits seeing as Goxs is under bankrupcy protection.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:15:54 PM

I am preparing to sue mt.gox poland for fraud (art. 286  #2, #3, #4) and misleading (art. 286 #1)

These are criminal code determinations (not civil). In matter of criminal cases you (if you are a prosecutor) press charges. Sometimes suing is possible  (if the judge allows; check ''postepowanie adhezyjne'').

Did you speak to a prosecutor? If yes, which city is the prosecutir located?
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:23:06 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 02:33:32 AM by minerpumpkin

Thank you for the update! Sorry to hear about the unnecessary trip, but I think everyone greatly appreciates your thoroughness!!! Keep up the good work!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:58:54 PM

Update for those involved:

I have just came back from the general prosecutor's office in Warsaw. Turned out, there was no one available, or they were too busy to take the statement from me and to start the proceedings, despite the fact I have travelled 350km! and sent me back with appointment date for monday 10:30am .

Where the fuck you think you are, in America?  Cause this sounds like America to me! ;-)

Keep up the good work.
pascalvanhecke

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:54:19 AM

Thank you for the update! Sorry to hear about the unnecessary trip, but I think everyone greatly appreciates your thoroughness!!! Keep up the good work!

Absolutely, +1 !
BananaMan

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:29:44 PM

Mr. st4nl3y you and your law student friend talk bullshit! I live in Poland did a lot of business here and law doesn't work this way you describe. First of all you should fill Mt.Gox sp.z o.o. bancrupcy and take it to the court. All Mt.Gox's assets in Poland will be frozen and than split among the victims. Then you can sue the representative and Mark Karpeles for cheating and get some money from their personal wealth..

Sp. z o. o. means LLC. In fact sp. z o.o. is a mix of LLC and LTD.

If you really want to get your BTC and money back do what I did! Read my story how I got back my btc and funds form Mark Karpeles. You have to act like a debt collectors not a lawyers.
johndaniels

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:23:06 PM

I also sent money put me in. what shall I do?
pascalvanhecke

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:28:46 PM

MtGox.com makes it possible to check your account balances in BTC, USD and EUR now.
The amounts fit with the content of the dabase dump a while ago.

If you sent money (via SEPA) to the Polish entity MtGox Poland, and that money is not in your MtGox.com account, there is a possibility it is still on the account of the Polish entity MtGox Poland.

renfr

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:03:05 PM

MtGox.com makes it possible to check your account balances in BTC, USD and EUR now.
The amounts fit with the content of the dabase dump a while ago.

If you sent money (via SEPA) to the Polish entity MtGox Poland, and that money is not in your MtGox.com account, there is a possibility it is still on the account of the Polish entity MtGox Poland.

Yes, it didn't appear on mine!

BTCBTC Defeat jihad, support Israel against terror - כל הכבוד לצה"ל BTCBTC
End the FED, end the fractional reserve banking, support Ron Paul.
primius

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:35:53 PM

Is it still possible to join the class action lawsuit against mtgox poland?
box1111111

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 08:57:49 AM

I'm, also want to join the action lawsuit against mtgox poland. I'm await my money since i withdraw it at the end of january!
borskiBartek

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:20:04 AM

HELLO st4nl3y is it possible to join???
i have money stuck in poland
renfr

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:52:45 AM

Any news?

BTCBTC Defeat jihad, support Israel against terror - כל הכבוד לצה"ל BTCBTC
End the FED, end the fractional reserve banking, support Ron Paul.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: