Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When there is effective tyranny, there is bliss.  (Read 1348 times)
­­­Atlas_ (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 07:22:17 PM

When farmers want cattle to produce the best milk they don't confine them to the same utilitarian and crowded feedhouses we see with typical livestock.

Originally farmers would make sure they had sufficient shade, plenty of water and pasture to graze in. However, as the demand for efficiency came, more dairy cows had to be raised. Acres upon acres of shaded pasture no longer sufficed. Today you will see giant diary cows entranced in a giant moving carousel by which they feed, soothing them and relaxing them as they are voluntarily milked. Yes, I said voluntarily. Instead of the farmer routinely milking the cows, they now milk themselves as they please using automated machinery with the act rewarded with food. This relaxes them and gives them the illusion of freedom and thus they produce more and better milk.

This analogy almost perfectly applies to people. As chattel slaves we are unskilled and produce very little value. As purportedly free and taxed citizens, we can learn various skills and produce valuable labor and goods.

Thus unfortunately, if there will ever be comprehensive, omnipotent tyranny, it will be one of bliss and ecstasy. Very few will resist. Power is only as good as its output and happy citizens are the most effective citizens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 07:28:27 PM

When farmers want cattle to produce the best milk they don't confine them to the same utilitarian and crowded feedhouses we see with typical livestock.

Originally farmers would make sure they had sufficient shade, plenty of water and pasture to graze in. However, as the demand for efficiency came, more dairy cows had to be raised. Acres upon acres of shaded pasture no longer sufficed. Today you will see giant diary cows entranced in a giant moving carousel by which they feed, soothing them and relaxing them as they are voluntarily milked. Yes, I said voluntarily. Instead of the farmer routinely milking the cows, they now milk themselves as they please using automated machinery with act rewarded with food. This relaxes them and gives them the illusion of freedom and thus they produce more and better milk.

This analogy almost perfectly applies to people. As chattel slaves we are unskilled and produce very little value. As purportedly free and taxed citizens, we can learn various skills and produce valuable labor and goods.

Thus unfortunately, if there will ever be comprehensive, omnipotent tyranny, it will be one of bliss and ecstasy. Very few will resist. Power is only as good as its output and happy citizens are the most effective citizens.

I grew up in the midwest, surrounded by cattle farms and working on my cousins dairy farm every summer. I have never seen such a carousel, and I have sure as hell not seen a cow 'voluntarily' milk itself.

Maybe it exists, but it's probably in the UAEE or something.
­­­Atlas_ (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 07:29:41 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2011, 08:07:17 PM by ­­­Atlas

Originally farmers would make sure they had sufficient shade, plenty of water and pasture to graze in. However, as the demand for efficiency came, more dairy cows had to be raised. Acres upon acres of shaded pasture no longer sufficed. Today you will see giant diary cows entranced in a giant moving carousel by which they feed, soothing them and relaxing them as they are voluntarily milked. Yes, I said voluntarily. Instead of the farmer routinely milking the cows, they now milk themselves as they please using automated machinery with act rewarded with food. This relaxes them and gives them the illusion of freedom and thus they produce more and better milk.

I grew up in the midwest, surrounded by cattle farms and working on my cousins dairy farm every summer. I have never seen such a carousel, and I have sure as hell not seen a cow 'voluntarily' milk itself.

It's a recent innovation. It's only a profitable investment for massive dairy farms at the moment, if I recall correctly.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 11:39:06 PM

How many analogies to slavery have you posted already?

(BFL)^2 < 0
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 11:46:50 PM

It's a recent development.  It's based on the idea that the cow has some kind of control over it's world, however small, and so the cow is generally happier.  It doesn't seem to alter the productivity of the individual cow significantly, but the incidence of any particular cow going bonkers and harming themselves inside their own pen has been reduced.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
RandyFolds

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 11:50:10 PM

It's a recent innovation. It's only a profitable investment for massive dairy farms at the moment, if I recall correctly.

I also regularly drive past one of the largest concentrations of meat and dairy cattle in the US, stinking it up along the I5 in California's central valley. No carousels.

Your analogy is incredibly flawed. Cows need to be milked or they will suffer horrible and painful health consequences. They aren't being 'enslaved', carousel or no, they are being maintained, as they are now domesticated animals. I want some numbers and links to this 'technology'.

If you spent any amount of time with bovine, you would know that they are about the most retarded animal you can find. They have no concept of 'control' or 'happiness'. Hell, fish learn faster than cattle...
­­­Atlas_ (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 02:09:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cow+carousel&oq=cow+carousel&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=9171l10797l0l10924l12l12l0l4l4l0l225l1171l1.5.2l8l0

Cow + Carousel in Google. That's all it took.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 10:10:31 AM

I grew up on a dairy farm.  Cows love being milked and suffer pain if you are late.  They also get mastitis if you don't milk thoroughly.

Not entirely sure how it applies to tyranny but that's a very nice machine.  Thanks for the link.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 07:46:10 PM

OP is paraphrasing The Matrix...
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 10:11:21 PM

op needs some one to milk him.

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 11:32:58 PM

The revolution will be medicated.

They are already talking about adding lithium to the water supplies to prevent suicide. Let alone the flouride and all the ritalin that comes from sewerage.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8025454.stm

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 11:34:50 PM

Mmmmm... Soma....

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

RandyFolds

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 12:30:31 AM

Mmmmm... Soma....

You're a fan? That stuff leaves me hung over and groggy for days.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 12:40:12 AM

Mmmmm... Soma....

You're a fan? That stuff leaves me hung over and groggy for days.

Then you're doing it wrong.  You're supposed to keep using it, so that you're just groggy, not hung over.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: