Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:42:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Tactic: Spam Bots in Social media as fake people approaching with PM  (Read 123 times)
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 01:22:58 AM

a Spam bot, from an ico called ubex approached my trying to sell me their token, hidden as a person.

these icos and their advertisement gets ruder and ruder, i hope adbloggers can arm up against that.

this might be the end of social media. and open societies as we know them

as advertisement via fake people might truly annoy the experience of users

old_lighthouse

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:28:19 AM

a Spam bot, from an ico called ubex approached my trying to sell me their token, hidden as a person.

these icos and their advertisement gets ruder and ruder, i hope adbloggers can arm up against that.

this might be the end of social media. and open societies as we know them

as advertisement via fake people might truly annoy the experience of users
There is a constant battle between social networks and people who choose to abuse them. This is nothing new. The spammers have just found a new way to get past measures set in place to stop them. I'm surprised that they don't give up. Please report the messages to the administration of your social network. If we're talking about Facebook, they do a great job at filtering spam for the most part. My filtered messages tab is full of crap. I never see them in the actually inbox though. I'm sure it won't take long for social networks to got on top of any new spamming techniques.
Guard225

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:33:22 AM

Ubex is just everywhere lately, i can't visit any site without being bombarded by their ads.
KingScorpio (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 11:53:12 AM

Ubex is just everywhere lately, i can't visit any site without being bombarded by their ads.

this is such a shamless advertising campaign using spambots, looking like trustworthy, people, it might result into a temprorary pump but it will damage their image a lot.

it will furthermore damage the perception how trustworthy people in the internet look and behave. as ubex is abusing that for their agenda

regards

old_lighthouse

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:13:18 AM

this is such a shamless advertising campaign using spambots, looking like trustworthy, people, it might result into a temprorary pump but it will damage their image a lot.

it will furthermore damage the perception how trustworthy people in the internet look and behave. as ubex is abusing that for their agenda

regards
I don't think that that kind of tactic is really intended to create something that will be successful long-term. I think it's just about making money quickly. It seems just like their trying to rip people off. They spend a bit on bots. They spend a bit on ads. They've calculated in advance what conversion rate they can get. If they can spend $5 to have people pay them $50 on average, they're multiplying their money 10-fold. I always try to remind myself, when I see an ad, that they paid for it. That means that they have figured that that'll be worth it for them. That means they're going to want something from me.
Zayn_Nazy

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:43:59 PM

Hello there. What social meadia are you talking? You can report that account. If that is not a bot, he will know that action is wrong. If that is a bot, it will be banned.
gembirdprivate

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:02:17 AM

Advertising through bots is becoming more and more.
Hopefully we can do something like this.
But, personally, it seems to me, social networks are able to recognize such bots and punish
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: