Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum is a mess! Where are the Mods?  (Read 1249 times)
plastic.elastic (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 07:55:13 PM

Every threads started with bitcoin related topic then quickly changed into a political debate, after that. all the names calling and bashing comes to play.

Is it just me or this forum is full of immature jobless wannabe-geeks?

Why cant we have a politics sub forum and leave this forum for bitcoin discussion?

Are there any mods here?

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:00:20 PM

after that all the names calling and bashing comes to play.

Usually hypocrisy is more effectively veiled.

Passions run high on the forum, because it's dealing with something quite remarkable. I too wish people would be more civil and professional, but most people on the forum are valuable contributors.
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:02:04 PM

Every threads started with bitcoin related topic then quickly changed into a political debate, after that. all the names calling and bashing comes to play.

Why cant we have a politics sub forum and leave this forum for bitcoin discussion?

Are there any mods here?

Yes.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:14:26 PM

Report the first post in the thread where this happens when you see this. We can't read everything.

We do.

Are there any mods here?
As you can see, yes there is.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:33:30 PM

I take offense as a mature job holding definite geek.

Are there any mods here?

Seconding what Maged said.... yes there are mods here.

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:56:15 PM

Are there any mods here?

Why does it seem people take the time and effort to start a thread complaining about the lack of moderation instead of exerting some self control themselves and using the report to moderator feature?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 11:58:53 PM

Are there any mods here?

Why does it seem people take the time and effort to start a thread complaining about the lack of moderation instead of exerting some self control themselves and using the report to moderator feature?

But how would they get attention then?  Huh
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:05:58 AM

Different venues call for different styles of moderation. On a public forum, moderation is typically light and minimal, allowing others to voice their opinions so long as they don't degrade into flat-out name calling and scamming. This forum is such a place. If you have issues with the style of moderation on this forum, you're welcome to try the Reddit or the StackExchange on for size.

Full disclosure: I'm one of the StackExchange mods. I am also, however, a dedicated member of this forum and many other Bitcoin communities and care little for the politics of one site versus another. They each serve their purpose and each have their own moderation style and I for one have never had issues with the mods on the forums.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:28:47 AM

Are there any mods here?

We are the Mods!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:43:54 AM

Ha! The irony here is that I just had to delete a couple of plastic.elastic's posts that were properly reported!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: