Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dialogue with Kai Shu: Cannon Will Be a Never Ending EOS Community  (Read 79 times)
Bitpie Wallet (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 12

Safe&easy multi-blockchain wallet from Bither Team

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 06:10:04 AM

“Cannon will be a never-ending EOS community” — Bitpie Wallet’s conversation with EOS Cannon Founder (Kai Shu)

08/06 Bitpie Dialogue Series

Recently, the founder of the Cannon community, Kai Shu and the Bitpie COO, Wang Chao, had an in-depth exchange on the EOS eco-hotspot and the future ecological cooperation. After the consent of Kai Shu, we publish some of the contents of the conversation.

(This article is the Dialogue four of the Bitpie Dialogue Series)

Fan Kai Shu

Jf Lennob President of China Institute of Foreign Exchange and Finance

Founder of Cannon Community

EOS Eco Active Participant

● Question 1

Wang Chao: Kai Shu, I am also a member of the Cannon community. The members of the community including me are interested in your personal experiences. How was your personal experience before entering the blockchain industry? Was it related to your current career?

Kai Shu: I was engaged in the finance industry before the ALL IN blockchain. I was a fund manager and foreign exchange manager and spent a lot of time studying finance and transactions. I think that the experience of financial management is quite useful for trading since the ups and downs in finance helped to build a good mindset. So after my ALL IN blockchains, I could bear any kinds of obstacles or setbacks, HAHA!

● Question 2

Wang Chao: You are a strong supporter of the EOS ecology. You have been working on the EOS ecology and founded the Cannon community. As the organizer of the community, what do you think is the greatest value of the community?

Kai Shu: One thing I believe deeply after my ALL IN blockchain is that community is the first attribute of blockchain and maybe even more important that the code itself sometimes because the code itself is an open source which means anyone can use and fork. While true users and continuous developers all come from the community, with the financial attributes inherent in token, the community members will have the concept of “holding the currency as a shareholder”. With this bearing in mind, members will be strong supporters of projects.

● Question 3

Wang Chao: Are the Cannon community and the EOS Cannon node the same thing? If not, how is the operation different?

Kai Shu: It should be said the EOS Cannon is a brand that participates in EOS node production and community governance on behalf of the Cannon Community. The Cannon community has been a community of money-holders for almost a year, which is maintained by Pang Ge and me, while EOS Cannon, having a DAC structure, needs supports from technical and operation departments.

● Question 4

Wang Chao: The Cannon α registered in the Cayman Island will be officially launched on August 8. What is the relationship between Cannon α and the Cannon node? Are there any actions or plans that could be disclosed in the short run?

Kai Shu: The Cannon α fund is a community fund which belongs to EOS Cannon. The main participating members are long-term supporters of the Cannon community, and I am the GP of the fund, too. Cannon α is a three-year fund denominated in EOS with a very clear goal. Firstly, let the EOS Cannon members who hold fund have a larger return on investments that those who merely invest in EOS. Secondly, let the community achieve capital transformation and have a greater influence in the entire EOS ecology. We have dedicated fund managers and our EOS Cannon members to manage the project review and investment. As for the short-term investment plan, we will be kind of conservative — less or no investment and more market observation.

● Question 5

Wang Chao: The mainnet has been launched for more than a month. Presently, some of the BM’s views are very controversial in the community, what do you think? Will the nodes collectively boycott BM someday? How would you describe the ideal state of EOS governance?

Kai Shu: I think that BM’s words and behavior match with his personal style. That’s who he is. People love and hate. Comparing to the previous BTS and STEEM, we can see that BM is relatively more reliable on EOS, being willing to draw the community’s opinions. And BM has clearly stated that he will not leave EOS and will focus on developing EOS-based applications. So there is no need to worry too much that BM will leave EOS due to disagreements. I think the perfect model should still be that BM focuses mainly on the iteration of EOS and the development of related projects, leaving community governance and conventions to more professional people and organizations, such as the EOS Foundation or other similar organizations.

● Question 6

Wang Chao: The Cannon node has been actively involving in international node cooperation. It has held an EOS FAMILY DAY in Shanghai not long ago. How were the results? Are there any plans for the nodes working together?

Kai Shu: There are two major achievements of this conference. One is to let almost all bp have the opportunity to know and communicate with each other offline, and have a general understanding of each other’s views and projects. Second is that Brock Pierce announced the establishment of the EOS Foundation and gained everyone’s support. This will be a good beginning and attempt for EOS governance. All of our community members may learn more about the EOS Foundation and the changes that it will bring to EOS later.

● Question 7

Wang Chao: Based on the EOS ecology, what kind of DAPP do you think will have good prospects? When do you expect a popular DAPP to be published?

Kai Shu: There are many EOS-based decentralized exchanges in incubation and development. I am optimistic about this direction because the future of this industry belongs to DEX based on SPV (Simplified Payment Verification), for which EOS can provide enough performance and safety support. I am also very optimistic about the social and game DAPP. Because there is rigid demand for those DAPPs in the decentralized world, but there has not been a popular DAPPs based on the previous Ethereum and other underlying platforms yet. I expect that the prototype of a popular DAPP will be developed this year, either by BM or by a community team. After development and iteration, it will definitely become the most powerful DAPP that affects thousands of people.

● Question 8

Wang Chao: The current resource system and prices appeared to be a problem for developers. What do you think about this problem?

Kai Shu: This problem needs to be solved and will be solved. We can see that BM and the entire community are adopting and implementing new solutions. But if the developers abandoned the development on EOS because of this problem, on the one hand, that means they did not understand the development environment and resource allocation system of EOS fully since the current EOS development environment and account system are still very friendly; on the other hand, is there any better development options available in terms of performance support and community engagement?

● Question 9

Wang Chao: Thank you, Kai Shu, do you have anything to say to the Bitpie Wallet users and the whole ecology community?

Kai Shu: The Cannon community is the earliest community of EOS with the most loyal supporters. Our interests are deeply bound to the depth of EOS. Each member of our EOS Cannon holds a large amount of EOS, so all actions by EOS Cannon are done with the original intention to make the EOS ecology better and healthier. EOS Cannon will never fall apart, and we welcome you to join, thanks for your support.

As the world’s leading multi-chain wallet, Bitpie Wallet is the earliest supporter and participant of EOS Ecology. It is also the only wallet among all the wallets supporting EOS in the world that has experienced both bull and bear market. In the past five years, there had never been even a security issue, and hundreds of billions of digital assets have been safely kept by Bitpie Wallet for millions of users around the world. Bitpie Wallet has supported EOS mainnet and tokens based on EOS mainnet. BitHD, also a product of Bitpie Team, is the first and the only cold wallet in the world by far that supports tokens based on EOS.

Find us on
Telegram: t.me/BitpieInternational
Twitter: twitter.com/BitpieWallet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: