Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:49:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The World Bank issues blockchain-based bonds to improve bond issuance  (Read 175 times)
Game.Ethereum (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 09:40:46 AM

The World Bank has ordered the issuance of a blockchain bond through the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA), which is "the world's first."

This marks the beginning of some of the world's most influential financial institutions to use blockchain technology to improve their products.

The Commonwealth Bank of Australia has developed a blockchain-based system using a proprietary Ethereum blockchain. The Blockchain Offered New Debt Instrment (bond-i) will be issued by the World Bank in Washington.

The project is led by the World Bank, which is seeking to use blockchain technology to improve its way of issuing bonds around the world.

What do you think of everyone?
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kingofhell9008

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:19:41 PM

This is a good news indeed. Let's hope this will bring some good in the market and improve the condition of the market as well.
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 02:21:12 PM

They have to embrace blockchain one day or the other. There is nothing that can be done to stop it. Its evolution and evolution can't be stopped. They can reshape it but they can't stop it.
blacknight789

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:02:31 PM

This might be the ray of hope that we are looking for. Maybe this will increase the popularity of the market further and will be able to generate more investors.
AmazingTiger

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:16:54 PM

Having the participation of the World Bank is a great thing indeed. This will boost up the confidence in the people that great entities are a part of the market and that it has a future.
crypto-bit456

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:46:50 PM

I guess it will really improve their efficiency of work and help them substantially in record keeping. Already some countries are exploring the potentiality of blockchain and cryptos. Some might soon start adopting them. If world bank also starts adopting cryptocurrencies then I guess it would be a huge step forward.
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:15:59 AM

Actually this is really great to know this because such types of think is helpful for market in present condition also I think it may bring some positive news for market.
rahimali

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:12:17 PM

Based on this news it is really helpful for market and this market need such types of things also it may improve the market present conditions.
AceDeep69

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:27:44 PM

As the World Bank and the Commonwealth Bank has came under the blockchain system, other institutions will be interested to come inside this system. And it will be a good news for everyone who involved with cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
Cobbabowga

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:24:05 AM

This is really inspiring news. Blockchain is emerging day by day. I think within few years major sectors will use blockchain as underlying technology. It gives the opportunity and we should utilize it.
Mgaehegguj

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:31:51 AM

I have also heard this news. I was really excited after learning this matter. I hope this attempt by world bank will change many people’s mind in the world. Blockchain will gain more popularity.
Little Pixies

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:37:55 AM

Wow if world bank is going to implement blockchain technology then it will be grand. It seems like Blockchain is now reigning all over the world. I think it will make the cryptocurrency world better.
AllStrong002

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:04:24 AM

There are many institution which are now shown their interest on blockchain technology and hope it will be more popular in early day.
iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:16:36 AM

This is a welcoming news for the crypto space and we want more of this to be happening, where more financial institutions will be more engaged in the crypto space
Goodwin54

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:34:47 AM

That's a good news. And it's a modern technology which produce decentralized server for any kind of institution.
Flashback54

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:02:14 PM

Many more organizations will come within the blockchain within a short time because the operation of this method carries less risk and the investors get more profit from this system.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 07:07:55 PM

Of course, this is good news.  It will set a good precedent for BTC ETFs to be approved in America next month.

It is inevitable that blockchain takes over the world.
It really is that much better, cheaper, and reliable way to handle data and transactions.
It also completely eliminates the need for the middleman, making everything more efficient and not as costly.

For those that have felt like crypto is over after the terrible market conditions this year, I feel they don't truly understand the basis of the tech.
Individual companies might not survive, but the tech itself is here to stay.
It was only a matter of time before it started getting implemented in the real world.

Now, as investors, we just need to wait for the snowball effect.
The rate of acceptance and implementation will be just as fast as the crashes have been.
It is important to be ready for it.

CrossSignal74

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Hopefully, in a very short time, other institutions will start block-based activities because it is an effective way for the development of any institution and its product.
Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:19:28 PM

I know the great massive for all crypto are here. Let' just wait what will happen thid year how it will affects the price of the whole marketcap. Believe me banks are here to put their funds on the mainstream.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 08:20:46 PM

This is a very good thing to hear. Banks are trying to make their own blockchains anyway, so why some of them would not use the already existing platform? This can show people that this space full of speculations is not just about moon and Lambos, but actual working platforms can deliver and provide its decentralized network to basically anyone in the world, and it does not matter if it is an entrepreneur, company or even a bank. The blockchain is going to be a thing in the future, the only question is: will it be provided by cryptocurrencies or private networks?

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: