Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:36:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain is Hodling Nearly $600 Million in Bitcoin Cash  (Read 447 times)
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:09:41 AM

Large investors always have more profits, but that it does not mean that small investors can not control the market system. Considering that direction, I think we should always be careful about the investment.

Obviously they will be always be because the profit you will be earning is percentage of the investment you made and you should wait for the price to dump in order to hoard more coins.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:21:13 AM

Hi all,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this - couldn't find one.

Could be v. interesting for BCH when they go public and release all that sweet cash!

Source:https://www.ccn.com/bitmain-is-hodling-nearly-600-million-in-bitcoin-cash/

Okay, I checked your source. What they are holding essentially amounts to:

Perhaps more significantly, that stake represents more than 5 percent of the 17.3 million BCH currently in circulation and 12.5 percent of the 8.4 million BCH that have been moved since the Aug. 2017 hard fork.

Correct me if my calculations are wrong but 5 percent of 17.3M BCH equals 0.865M coins. This is a little smaller than Satoshi's stash of 1M bitcoins. It doesn't look like the latter are going to be released into public soon, so what makes you think that Bitmain is going to dump their coins at all? After all, let's not forget that Satoshi also has 1M BCH (if I'm not mistaken), so they can use their stash as a leverage or counterweight against his BCH holdings in case he decides to do something with his BCH coins.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 07:22:51 PM

It is fairly easy to understand, since Bitcoin and themselves are the ones who proposed Bitcoin Cash separation from Bitcoin, and Bitmain is also one of the largest digging pools, they believing that Bitcoin Cash will replace Bitcoin, so they hold a lot of Bitcoin Cash  Smiley
sufiasyl

Activity: 434
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 01:43:59 AM

yes, you hear it very right, as per the days are passing more and more people are getting attracted toward bitcoin investments and we are hoping that this amount will increase more so we should have the patience to develop the market properly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: