Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:26:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Coin's.... What should be done?  (Read 644 times)
MGBloomz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:54:36 PM

When there are scam coins, the best way for you to do is to report that in this forum about the scam accusations thread. And by that it will be greatly appreciated by all. Everybody will be alerted that it is scammed coin or project.

Before alerting everyone about scam coin make sure you have authentic fact about your claims. I have seen in so many cases where an ICO and a coin was tag scam but it turns out to be a legit project and coin.

Yeah that's true...it takes enough evidence to prove that a project is a scam...and accusing a legit project is not good. I will consider it a personal decision not to follow or not to invest if I found out some fishy or not good about the particular projects during my research. Better to be safe than sorry.

cardo

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:58:28 PM

Every day a new project is announced. And I am afraid that more than half of them are SCAM. It is very difficult to find the truth. It seems to me that there will soon be an improvement.

yeah and being more popular of crypto increases the percentage of new created scam bounties and they hard to find cause they are like legit ICo hope there will be implemented regulations in scam projects to resolve this problems.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:16:59 PM

It is very hard to beware of scammers for newcomers today. But for people who involved in this market more than one year it is not so difficult to choose right project. The information about team should be open, and if it is we can check it to find some deficiencies.
Mulbuggie

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:30:35 AM

There is no rules and regulations in the cryptomarket. So, there are a lot of scammy project and fake companies. I think there should the regulations in the cryptomarket. It will help a lot to avoid scam coins.
dangwapo311

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:30:53 AM

Your best tool against scams are knowledge and information. With the popularity of ico many scammers will try to exploit this and launch scam ico as well. The best way to deal with them is to always thoroughly check every ico you are planning to participate in to avoid scam projects. If you also find scam projects spread the word to also help others who are planning to invest in said scam ico.
Bungarook

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:34:16 AM

There are many fake projects in the current cryptomarket. The companies made their fake account and allure people to invest. So, people get cheated. So, I think at first, people have to aware of it.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:36:44 AM

When something becomes big and popular it is always expected that scammers will also take advantage of this situation as well. The best thing to do when you spot a scam ico is to spread the word and let everyone know. Also you can try reporting it to stop the project. Let us help one another and keep ico clean.
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:37:10 AM

1. Take the source code off existing scam and turn it into a valuable asset so everybody who invested get the returns and more community joins in.
I don't think this will be a good idea, if you take the source code of existing scam project and turn it into a valuable project, then you are encouraging more people to do the scam project, because the same person will still do another project and abandon it as well

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
Skortish

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:42:12 AM

With the high introduction of new projects, new coins are coming and its difficult to tell which is scam.
I think improvements are being coming up to stop that.
Light Cyborgs

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:46:39 AM

It sounds dangerous! I would suggest you to report about this scam coin. This year many projects are being scams that it becomes quite tough to identify them. Scammers are just engulfing the entire crypto market.
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:17:17 AM

I don't think much can be done at this point.  The free market will straighten things out eventually.  Hopefully the community here can steer clear of the scam coins. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:26:27 AM

We could make a change just by being vigilants. If you have observed in the altcoins section, ICOs are quickly get their negative tags afterconcern members of this forum do the research for us so it would not victimized a lot more investors right from the start.
Teivion

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:43:19 AM

This is a shocking matter in the crypto world. Sometimes we see that many of the ICOs are scam. It is very frustrating for the investors. So, we need to report about them if we see any. But before reporting, we need to be sure about the claim and should have proof.
GreenInformation547

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:46:38 AM

Scam coin is one the biggest problem now. So need to be aware and if everyone continously report scam coin and project, I hope the problem will be solved.
Lina.network

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:53:43 AM

Before we invest in any token/coin, we should make a prior to a coin with good team/ company behind. Just like stock market, we buy a stock that has a potential company
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:55:14 AM

We could make a change just by being vigilants. If you have observed in the altcoins section, ICOs are quickly get their negative tags afterconcern members of this forum do the research for us so it would not victimized a lot more investors right from the start.

thats right .  we can still do something in order to combat these scammings that are happening latetly . we can just report every scam coin and scam projects that we came across on this forum and if they are already get tagged ,  many people will now be aware of them .  

not just this forum but also to some websites ,  blogger and site owners can also help to make a list about known scam coins  , so that other people and potential investors would not easily fall for their trap .
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:56:07 AM

Everyone can create new token everyday and execute ICO's if they know what they'e doing, it's already rampant in crypto space the sad part is we don't have the capacity to stop those fake ICO and token from sprouting almost everyday , everyone must be vigilant when dealing with ICO's. Do intensive research and study the project well, cause even legit ones turned out to be a scam!
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:58:24 AM

If you suspect a project to be a scam, just avoid it.  There's really no reason to say anything in the thread as you'll be regarded as a fudster by it's supporters.  It's a lose - lose situation.  Don't waste any time on it. 
criket

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:00:34 AM

I just throw away the coins you get because coins from a scam project will not have value. it's just a trick of the irresponsible party and only wants money from investors. be careful when choosing a project.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:01:51 AM

For me, those scammers are not paying for what they have done that is why they exist. If a scammer was caught and was given a punishment that no one would ever wanted, I think the scam ICO's will be minimize instead of chronic. It feels that those scammers get away with everything and living the life of a king instead of a prisoner. Maybe if we have a way of reporting it, that will be the first step.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: