Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:39:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTOCURRENCY GLOSSARY WITH 100+ CRYPTOCURRENCY TERMS EXPLAINED  (Read 156 times)
cryptowisser (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:27:29 PM

Cryptocurrency is difficult. The rich plethora of different words used when discussing cryptocurrency trading and the cryptocurrency market in general doesn’t help either. In our venture to make the cryptocurrency market available on equal terms to everyone, we thought that it would be helpful to compile some of the most used terms in a cryptocurrency glossary. Said and done. This is our contribution (or rather, one of our contributions) to helping people understand crypto.

Many of the terms explained in this Cryptocurrency Glossary have been invented at different cryptocurrency forums – the most prominent being this very forum: Bitcointalk.org (all hail Bitcointalk!). Others terms are “regular” trading terms that have been around for a long time. These are essentially just reapplied to the cryptocurrency market.

Please check out the world's biggest cryptocurrency glossary, including reference examples for each glossary term, and tell us what you think!

All the best,
Cryptowisser

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:00:34 PM

Good work OP and hopefully you can find missing ones from this Terminology of bitcoin thread. Smiley
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:30:29 PM

Good work OP and hopefully you can find missing ones from this Terminology of bitcoin thread. Smiley
Thanks vphasitha01 for your kind words! It means a lot to us. Thanks also for the link, I'll definitely include 'YABC' (Yet Another Bitcoin Company) to fill up the Y-hole in the glossary. Smiley

All the best,
Cryptowisser
biggNY

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:00:10 PM

Very nice list of terms indeed. I like that it is split alphabetically, this way somebody new to crypto could go through your glossary much easier. E.g. read letters A-H today and carry on from I tomorrow. Reading throught your list I noticed you could add few more terms:

DAG, DAO, Candle, White paper, Support, Resistence, RSI, Mainnet, MEW, Airdrop, FA, are just a few that come to my mind

Good luck for your site, wish you lot of future readers

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
nthere

Activity: 229
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:11:11 PM

https://101blockchains.com/blockchain-definitions/

This link explains most of them and seems like a good start.

And your work is awesome.
Wine and Limo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:11:10 AM

What do you guys think about Triangle crypto?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:49:20 AM

Great list, a few suggestions...

• Any term that starts with the word "The" should not be catalogued in the "T" section...unless the word after "the" actually starts with a "T"
  • If you're going to add "Airdrop" make sure it's the correct, original definition: Airdrop is an ICO distribution method that occurs via a hardfork attempt.
  • You should add "Lambo" as a bit of an Easter egg
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:00:48 AM

Very nice list of terms indeed. I like that it is split alphabetically, this way somebody new to crypto could go through your glossary much easier. E.g. read letters A-H today and carry on from I tomorrow. Reading throught your list I noticed you could add few more terms:

DAG, DAO, Candle, White paper, Support, Resistence, RSI, Mainnet, MEW, Airdrop, FA, are just a few that come to my mind

Thank you SO much biggNY! We will definitely include your suggested terms within short, very helpful input indeed. Please tell your friends about us. Smiley

All the best,
Cryptowisser
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:01:38 AM

https://101blockchains.com/blockchain-definitions/

This link explains most of them and seems like a good start.

And your work is awesome.

Thank you for the link and the information nthere! And, in particular, thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to us.

All the best,
Cryptowisser
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:03:32 AM

• Any term that starts with the word "The" should not be catalogued in the "T" section...unless the word after "the" actually starts with a "T"
  • If you're going to add "Airdrop" make sure it's the correct, original definition: Airdrop is an ICO distribution method that occurs via a hardfork attempt.

Hi HabBear,

Thanks a lot for this feedback! Great point regarding placement of "The"-words, this will be adjusted immediately. Will make sure that Airdrop is defined correctly. And we couldn't agree more about the inclusion of "Lambo", will fix shortly.  Cheesy

Please tell your crypto friends about us if you like our work so far! More to come!

Thanks again.

All the best,
Cryptowisser
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:04:59 AM

Wow very well made glossary!

I have bookmarked it so when someone asked me about those crypto traders terms, I'll direct them to your website.

Well done.

Signature for rent
psychonaughty

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:13:52 AM

Hello!
I'm sure that you project is very helpfully for cryptobeginners.
Just have one comment - possibly you need a button for users can make request for any termin (maybe just after search without results? it is a hard work to come up with abuse defence).
Good luck
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:16:10 AM

Wow very well made glossary!

I have bookmarked it so when someone asked me about those crypto traders terms, I'll direct them to your website.

Well done.

Thank you very much jossiel! Very happy about your kind words!

All the best,
Cryptowisser
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:17:30 AM

Hello!
I'm sure that you project is very helpfully for cryptobeginners.
Just have one comment - possibly you need a button for users can make request for any termin (maybe just after search without results? it is a hard work to come up with abuse defence).
Good luck

Thank you psychonaughty! Regarding your comment, that could be a solution indeed. In the meantime, you can always send a request for a new word to support@cryptowisser.com and we promise to answer promptly.

All the best,
Cryptowisser
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:37:49 AM

Hi biggNY,

We have now included all of your suggested terms above in the glossary, see updated version here: https://www.cryptowisser.com/cryptocurrency-glossary/

Thanks again!

All the best,
Cryptowisser
cryptowisser (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:38:58 AM

¨
Hi HabBear,

Just wanted to let you know that we have now included Airdrop and Lambo in the glossary  Smiley, see updated version here: https://www.cryptowisser.com/cryptocurrency-glossary/

Thanks for your help!

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: