Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:59:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged mining for Ixcoin  (Read 5353 times)
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2011, 02:51:13 AM

Yeah, I'd say get the time travel exploit fixed first before even thinking about merged mining.

Would a fix for the time travel issue be sufficient to reassure DoubleC into reinstating his IXcoin bitparking exchange?

Well that would be a great start for sure as no exchange wants to deal with a block chain that be exploited easily. I would also suggest that you contact BitcoinEXpress and figure out why he DS attacked Ixcoin until DoubleC finally dropped it. Of course there has been no proof that BCX did it but it is rumored that it was done as retaliation for not opening a Geist exchange.

Hah you stupid shit, forgot to turn off the automatic bullshit posting software? Not even close to a misunderstanding, just a straight out lie; but i guess that's nothing new for you.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 01:53:52 PM

Any time frame for the merged mining to take place?

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm going to look into merged mining for Ixcoin then as I don't see anyway to counter 51% attacks without a a-la-Solidcoin centralized approach.

Nasakioto (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 283

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 04:58:46 PM

I'm still looking for someone to help with coding merged mining into Ixcoin. I've had no volunteer yet.

If you cannot volunteer coding skills but would like help, then you can send Ixcoins to xvqw8p6smpLmLbXhLaDhjvuEhKdkTXhscP. These will be added to the 10K Ixcoin coding bounty for anyone that adds merged mining to Ixcoin.

Thomas Nasakioto - Upgrade to Ixcoin 0.3.24.3 before block 43,000
Ixcoin.org
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 09:32:34 PM

I'm still looking for someone to help with coding merged mining into Ixcoin. I've had no volunteer yet.

If you cannot volunteer coding skills but would like help, then you can send Ixcoins to xvqw8p6smpLmLbXhLaDhjvuEhKdkTXhscP. These will be added to the 10K Ixcoin coding bounty for anyone that adds merged mining to Ixcoin.

Nothing personal, but didn't you pre-mine 35,000 blocks (350,000 coins) for this exact purpose?

Just what I was thinking.
I like the idea of merged mining these coins but if this is all he can come up with, we might as well just bury the chain right away.
Nasakioto (OP)

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2011, 09:41:23 PM

I might add more indeed. I would hope others also chip in too since the value of their Ixcoins is at stake.

Any suggestions as to who I could contact who is sufficiently knowledgeable in merged mining?

Ixcoin.org
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 09:45:36 PM

Any suggestions as to who I could contact who is sufficiently knowledgeable in merged mining?
What about that davinci guy?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 09:49:02 PM

What about that davinci guy?
davinci knows dog shit about it, he pesters shads about every single question all the time.
soptik

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 11:11:08 PM

I might add more indeed. I would hope others also chip in too since the value of their Ixcoins is at stake.

Slush's pool is using merged mining for namecoins - so you can contact slush.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 12:25:05 AM

Funny how people like BCX are holding onto a lot of IXC and I0C and want to restart the scam so they get more suckers and take their USD.

But hey, I guess someone has got to compete with King RealScam's chain right ? I mean it is a free market around here not a monopoly Grin
steelhouse

Activity: 717

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 12:49:24 AM

Funny how people like BCX are holding onto a lot of IXC and I0C and want to restart the scam so they get more suckers and take their USD.

But hey, I guess someone has got to compete with King RealScam's chain right ? I mean it is a free market around here not a monopoly Grin

you are free to mine ixc and i0c too, why not drop btc and mine real coin.  It is an ixc world and you are in it.
bulanula

View Profile
November 09, 2011, 10:17:47 AM

you are free to mine ixc and i0c too, why not drop btc and mine real coin.  It is an ixc world and you are in it.

LOL. What ?
Nasakioto (OP)

Thomas Nasakioto

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2011, 03:05:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestions as to who to contact. Any other suggestions are welcome.

I've received a 500 IXC donation towards the fund.

Ixcoin.org
steelhouse

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 11:59:30 AM

If you can do merged mining with bitcoin, with no changes.  I would think you should be able to do merged mining with ixcoin with no changes?  However, I do wish they would drop the mining reward to 0.5 IXC for each block instead of 96.  A very generous reward when the price rises like SC and IXC reaches gold parity.
steelhouse

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 09:03:16 AM

I will add 5 BTC and 3000 IXC if the reward is dropped from 96 to 1 with merged mining.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 04:30:00 PM

I will add 5 BTC and 3000 IXC if the reward is dropped from 96 to 1 with merged mining.
i0coin reward is 96 per.  Ix is 48 IIRC.

Mousepotato
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 10:09:24 PM

i0coin reward is 96 per.  Ix is 48 IIRC.

i0coin reward is 48
ixcoin reward is 96
steelhouse

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 07:14:09 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2011, 08:57:31 AM by steelhouse

Namecoin has a purpose of domain name system.   Bitcoin is the main coin.  Ixcoin must seperate from the pack with merged mining to offer something the other coins don't.  That is why I strongly propose a 1 mining reward after block 40,000 or block 50,000.  Doing so will create the lowest inflation coin and the price will skyrocket.  Mostly likely past bitcoin to gold parity Smiley.   It will be the 1st true digital currency.
bulanula

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 09:34:00 AM

Namecoin has a purpose of domain name system.   Bitcoin is the main coin.  Ixcoin must seperate from the pack with merged mining to offer something the other coins don't.  That is why I strongly propose a 1 mining reward after block 40,000 or block 50,000.  Doing so will create the lowest inflation coin and the price will skyrocket.  Mostly likely past bitcoin to gold parity Smiley.   It will be the 1st true digital currency.

Keep drinking the kool aid.
steelhouse

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 12:35:52 AM

I sent you doublec 1000 ioc.  However, if you read my post, the 5 btc and rewards were if you lowered the reward from 48 to 1 within the near future.  The reason to make a coin different than btc or nmc with merged mining.  I can't seem to mine with the new client, it crashes when I find a block.  

Nasakioto wants someone to convert ixcoin into merged mining and has also offered a bounty for someone to do so.  I have a bounty for ixc too.  However, I would be extremely happy if one of these coins became a true low inflation cryptocurrency with a 1 block reward.  

But I offer to you 15 BTC if you change the reward such that on or before block 300,000 for ioc or block 100,000 for ixc the reward drops to 1 permanently.  I would also prefer a mandatory automatic transaction fee to prevent attacks and control size.  Also there must be a pool that exists to merge mine btc, nmc, ixc, and ioc all at once before reward is paid and be pretty sure everyone switched and on the new block.

The ixc offered in my ixc reward will still exists, but the 5 BTC is now the new 15 BTC reward.

So either (96 to 1 for ixc) or (48 to 1 for ioc) with merged mining and a pool for 15 BTC.

Dilution is not the solution to pollution.

I sent you doublec 1000 ioc.  However, if you read my post, the 5 btc and rewards were if you lowered the reward from 48 to 1 within the near future.  The reason to make a coin different than btc or nmc with merged mining.  I can't seem to mine with the new client, it crashes when I find a block.  
Yes, I saw your request for a drop to the reward. I won't be changing i0coin since this changes the value of existing held coins. It would mean i0coin would effectively be a new coin with a large 'premine' given to people who mined previously. My plan was to fix i0coin bugs, implement merged mining, but leave the generation rate, transaction fees, and values as they are since they are what gives a coin variant its identity. Plus I'd like to avoid the claims of arbitrary changing of values by a 'coin dictator'.

For ixcoin you should contact the coin creator with your idea of dropping the rate. If they agree I'd be willing to provide the patches, a pool, etc. I'd be interested in seeing what a slower generation coin does. Current coins seem to have more coins available than people need to use since their is very little non-trading usage of them. Since ixcoin already has a premine and a 'controller' it may not be so bad to change things.

Now that merge mining exists a possibly better approach for these "lets change a coin's features" requests is to create a new chain starting with no premine with the new features. Merge mine it with existing coins. Provide an exchange to trade between new coin and old coin, and see how they go.

1. The value of existing coins should increase. The owners of existing coins should be upset at all future mining as it dilutes the value of their coins.  I don't think you would be changing value, other than increasing the value to existing owners.  The only purpose of mining is to protect the network and possibly advertise it.

2. I now own 50K IXC, so I am a little selfish here.  As I would like to see my coin go up in value and everyone had and has the chance to mine ixc.  There is even a pool at coinotron.  Nasakioto would have to make the decision, and in an earlier post he claimed the reward was hardwired into the code.  

3. I noticed ixcoin.org is now up after a month down with many spam posts.  Maybe Nasakioto is taking your code and fixing it already for ixcoin.

4. If nasakioto says no, I would be game to starting a new coin.  Where there is zero premine.  Maybe a 100 reward for the first 10,000 blocks, 1000 reward for the next 45,000 blocks, then a 1 reward forever.  With 1 block every 2 minutes.  Thus all coins out in about 2.54 months.  Difficulty change every 120 blocks with a 1 permanent transaction fee.  Maybe call the coin goldcoin - where inflation is less than gold.  The inflation rate would be 0.57% after 2 months. Maybe IXC should be renamed?  
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 06:31:44 AM

Nasakioto wants someone to convert ixcoin into merged mining and has also offered a bounty for someone to do so.  I have a bounty for ixc too.  However, I would be extremely happy if one of these coins became a true low inflation cryptocurrency with a 1 block reward.  

But I offer to you 15 BTC if you change the reward such that on or before block 300,000 for ioc or block 100,000 for ixc the reward drops to 1 permanently.  I would also prefer a mandatory automatic transaction fee to prevent attacks and control size.  Also there must be a pool that exists to merge mine btc, nmc, ixc, and ioc all at once before reward is paid and be pretty sure everyone switched and on the new block.

The ixc offered in my ixc reward will still exists, but the 5 BTC is now the new 15 BTC reward.

So either (96 to 1 for ixc) or (48 to 1 for ioc) with merged mining and a pool for 15 BTC.

Dilution is not the solution to pollution.

Yes, I saw your request for a drop to the reward. I won't be changing i0coin since this changes the value of existing held coins. It would mean i0coin would effectively be a new coin with a large 'premine' given to people who mined previously. My plan was to fix i0coin bugs, implement merged mining, but leave the generation rate, transaction fees, and values as they are since they are what gives a coin variant its identity. Plus I'd like to avoid the claims of arbitrary changing of values by a 'coin dictator'.

For ixcoin you should contact the coin creator with your idea of dropping the rate. If they agree I'd be willing to provide the patches, a pool, etc. I'd be interested in seeing what a slower generation coin does. Current coins seem to have more coins available than people need to use since their is very little non-trading usage of them. Since ixcoin already has a premine and a 'controller' it may not be so bad to change things.

Now that merge mining exists a possibly better approach for these "lets change a coin's features" requests is to create a new chain starting with no premine with the new features. Merge mine it with existing coins. Provide an exchange to trade between new coin and old coin, and see how they go.

1. The value of existing coins should increase. The owners of existing coins should be upset at all future mining as it dilutes the value of their coins.  I don't think you would be changing value, other than increasing the value to existing owners.  The only purpose of mining is to protect the network and possibly advertise it.

2. I now own 50K IXC, so I am a little selfish here.  As I would like to see my coin go up in value and everyone had and has the chance to mine ixc.  There is even a pool at coinotron.  Nasakioto would have to make the decision, and in an earlier post he claimed the reward was hardwired into the code.  

3. I noticed ixcoin.org is now up after a month down with many spam posts.  Maybe Nasakioto is taking your code and fixing it already for ixcoin.

4. If nasakioto says no, I would be game to starting a new coin.  Where there is zero premine.  Maybe a 100 reward for the first 10,000 blocks, 1000 reward for the next 45,000 blocks, then a 1 reward forever.  With 1 block every 2 minutes.  Thus all coins out in about 2.54 months.  Difficulty change every 120 blocks with a 1 permanent transaction fee.  Maybe call the coin goldcoin - where inflation is less than gold.  The inflation rate would be 0.57% after 2 months. Maybe IXC should be renamed?  

sounds like a get rich quick scheme to me...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: