Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:13:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trusted Members/MOD/Other scam finders!  (Read 215 times)
lolxxxx (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 07:49:53 PM

Hi,

I have an idea that there are many new ICOs are always coming, We see many threads every day, They usually run Bounty thread by some bounty manager hired from here (BCT), not only ICO but new websites which supports Bitcoin run campaigns here, My point is when someone hires a manager, The manager starts working on the Campaign such as he creates the thread and after the thread is posted he started to accept the applications for the ICO campaign but sometimes the ICO runs or the something bad happens the manager also get tagged for working for them.

Here are two possibilities I see,
1st: The Manager does not check the ICO correctly and just starts the campaign without having information on the project.
2nd: He has nothing to do with it because it seems all good to the manager at the start.

What I propose is:
I propose that the members from (Default Trust/Mods/People with actively participating in finding things (Experienced People)) who are active here and who keep an eye on ICOs and they are very well aware of the ICOs and such projects who can run with the workers/investors money or be doing some shady business must create a thread where a Manager should post the project he is going to run for campaign so, it will help the Manager and the forum users to keep themselves safe from scams.

If those trusted members creates a thread the Manager can also PM them the ICO/Project name so, he can have the YES or NO from the trusted members and then the manager can start the work.

Sometimes, a manager unknowingly runs a campaign but then after some time when the campaign ends or during the campaign after paying some weeks they run, instead if there are some expereinced users who can help in starting will be good and will keep the spam/scam away.

That thread, with some team members who will help the managers finding the projects to be good or not will help the managers to keep the scam away, Also those members can run the campaign itself but I do not think that they will have that much free time.

Regards

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:25:11 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7)

When everything will go smooth and fine then everyone will want to take the credits but if something will go wrong then blame will go to the team of that trusted members/mod/other proposed members.

You proposal seems nice but who will be willing to take that amount of risk for their reputation as publicly declared responsibility? 

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 09:17:52 PM

I don't see why DT members or moderators would want to get involved in this and endorse any ICOs. I know I wouldn't. There are many things that can go wrong with this scheme and no real upside.

Bounty managers need to take responsibility and not rely on someone else to tell them what's right or wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: