Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs cost you money.  (Read 131 times)
Mrrr (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:01:25 AM

These are the facts of what happens to your money if you "invest" it into an ICO at the moment:

https://icorating.com/report/ico-market-research-q2-2018/

-55% return on average on q2 ICOs.

Best part of course is that these disruptive novelty unicorns of start ups you just invested in will at some point dump your recently invested ETH/BTC onto the market because they need to pay for hip start up offices, organic Italian espresso machines and a lease Tesla for everyone involved.

So you get f*cked twice. First they sell you a worthless token and then they dump on you, devaluating whatever you have left.

burp...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
[-MaStERNoDeMaN-]

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:03:32 AM

That's why you have to be extremely careful when selecting the coins you will purchase from any ICO. I have had mixed luck with them but for the most part they seem to generally devalue as soon as they hit the exchanges. Need constant good news and progress to keep them rising which most teams seem unable to deliver. I did have good return from Red Pulse which i bought in an ICO but the window of opportunity was small and it took months before i was able to get a decent return from it. CTR (centra) was a total disaster for me with the project being closed down by SEC in the end.
buriks

Activity: 826
Merit: 303

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:09:19 AM

not the wrong ICO but people who use it for their selfish gain
smart to choose and alert the ICO scame
EVOS

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:33:16 AM

I want to ask, does this mean that the company that makes the ICO is also responsible for the current decline in coin prices, because after they get ETH and BTC when the ICO, the company will sell the ETH and BTC. this caused the selling voulume to increase and impact on declining coin prices.
BTCwin1

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:34:42 AM

Still, some of the ICO's are excellent.
Because they represent the future of blockchain, then we need to hold on for a long time.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
anrian062

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:53:47 PM

With this current market , yes the value of your funds will decrease. But as much as i know ICOs is not for a short time and weak hand. You are wrong to think that you'll rich overnight with investing in new cryptos. You need to be patience to gain profit from them. ICOs is for long term investing. You can get fact from almost top 100 cryptos in market right now has doing this process.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

These are the facts of what happens to your money if you "invest" it into an ICO at the moment:
Not at all, There are successful ICO's that already give profit to many of the investor's which is why there are lot's of people still want's to invest on ICO.

So you get f*cked twice. First they sell you a worthless token and then they dump on you, devaluating whatever you have left.
If you have bad experience on joining ICO making thread's like this here will not help you.

Investing on ICO's requires a deep research and a lot of study about the project for you to get a higher chance on getting profit on your investment, not all ICO will succeed but also not all ICO will fail.
satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:17:48 PM

This applies only to open ICOs that do not collect hardcap. Projects such as DxChain, Origo (Lol, many memes on this matter) give a good profit in a number of cases, I made a DxCain x2. IMHO, "whitelist ICO" are worth attention.

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
sinachy

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:17:52 PM

This really happens and it's more reason why you need to always read the white paper to check the project token lock up period for the team, for me anything less than 2 years and more token lock up for team, i won't invest.
subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:27:42 PM

This year you have to be more selective on your ICO participation.  Unlike 2016 and 2017 where almost every ICO produced profits, this year many established projects have dropped in value and people are investing in those instead of some ICOs.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:44:57 PM

Depending on where they invest and how well they trust the ICO, we cannot conclude that the ICO is something that is wrong that can eliminate some of the user's money, because there are still good ICOs out there but we have to believe in something new. Of course, the introduction of crypto or in the market must not be as good as initially expected, therefore it is more appropriate not to be too skewed in choosing an ICO because it will determine your own success in the near future.
Most of these cases are the fault of the person himself who has come and put money in the wrong hole without analyzing it first.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:46:17 PM

So people decide to calculate a statistic from a highly speculative market where entry costs are minimal. Accepting any project. This is ridiculous.

The correct calculation would be in relation to projects that already have at least 1-year post-ICO. How many projects that demonstrated having a team working on them that was not just a fork or a scam and survived more than 1 year gave a negative return? NONE.

It is up to each one to research and read about the project they wish to invest. No more babysitters.
BigBrother

Activity: 439

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:18:22 PM

Unfortunately, no one is immune from this situation. Yes and you are completely to blame. Because you choose the project for investment, nobody forces you to anything. Of course, with due diligence, you same can run into scams, but still if you carefully study the project before investing, the chances of weed out scams will be greater.

cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:39:55 PM

The bear market had influence on these negative  results as well. If you invested in some established coins during 2Q and holding
( not trading ) you could be on loss as well. Investing in ICOs become extremely dangerous and you have to be
very cautious not to get scammed.

dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:50:02 PM

this is a risk in investing in ICO but not all tokens are worthless sometimes because the distribution time is not right so that the token falls in tack and we can wait for the Q2-Q3 roodmap to change and this can happen if the 10 main coins in exchange change but if the opposite , then the token will deteriorate

iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:49:01 PM

There are some ICO that have cost me money and there are some that have made me money, so in ICO investing, you won't always be that lucky to always get it right, but if gets one right, it might cover for your loses.
KROADER

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:50:53 PM

ICOs are the best ways of "getting rich quick"

Also the best ways of losing a lot of money. It's just high risk, high reward
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:31:00 PM

Investing in ICO now will be extremely profitable, since tokens are much cheaper to buy on the exchange. In addition, investing in an ICO is quite dangerous, since there are many scams whose projects are completed after collecting money.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ekechie

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:42:07 PM

Yeah sure ICO have really cost me money, I invested in cardstack and the ICO is really dip down below the ICO price, though the project is a great project but it went down, and they have not listed on any exchanges, so I believe if when they list on exchanges it might still bounce back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: